• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Collection coming to X1?(Spencer:"I can't announce that. But stay tuned)

Intrigue

Banned
MCC was outsourced to various different studios. I'd imagine they learned their lesson and would do it all in one, and that they've been working on it for quite a while now.

If they been working on it for a while, I doubt they used "lessons learned" from MCC

if we are going to go by little comments like that I like Phil Spencers berserk exploration onto the reddit forum better (He recently got asked to look at a berserk game request)

well yeah, i was expecting it at some point
MS needs holiday games and a gears HD collection would be a no brainer

i just hope its better than halo master chief collection, online wise, i'd to see that happen again, i loved playing gears 3 bug mode :p

You would think that when sending a question to Phil you would proof read that question. I thought wrong it seems.

Sounds like something is up, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a thing. GoW is probably as big as Halo for MS and I know a few people who would get an HD collection.

Me buying an Xbox One depends on Gears, but I don't want to play the same games again, no matter how pretty they make them look. I'll wait for news on the next Gears and based on that I'll buy an Xbox One or not. #InRodWeTrust

Release it and it will be bought day one. Gears of War (specifically Gears 3) was my favorite multiplayer shooter from last generation. Give it to me, Microsoft.

About 6 months ago, there was a photograph of someone holding up a print-out of concept art. It was blurred out but wasn't that enough?

I loved gears last gen but I have very little interest in replaying these games. Unlike halo I don't find the story and setting worth revisiting.

But will it be of the high standard we've come to expect from Microsoft-published remaster collections?

Honestly, I really hope the quality issues they ran into with TMCC doesn't deter them from doing more collections in the future... They really are great value when you look at what your getting vs what your paying. Plus it seems like it would be a waste to just throw away what 343i learned and could pass on to the other studios on doing these huge collections.

leeh

south-park-season-12-6-over-logging-randy-finds-the-internet-gross.jpg

AU Tiger

I think if they do this right and it gets a nice visual bump and runs at 1080/60, it plus what I thiiiinks is MCC working correctly now?? ODST and upcoming Forza 6 may push me to finally buy a x1 for christmas.

I never played any of the gears MP though so as long as the SP works right, I'd be ok.

It's weird how much I want this to happen. I guess it's because no game is really doing multiplayer like Gears at the moment.

This, Mass Effect, and Uncharted collections are the only HD remasters I want.

I don't need a whole Mass Effect remaster, but if EA put out a remastered stand alone version of the MP mode from ME3, that would be really cool. Or hell, just make a new version.

Dr Dogg

Oh you tease Phil. Might have to tune in to their presser at E3 just to be sure/disappointed. To be fair though as much as I'd love a Gears Collection I'm more intrested in how Black Tusk are getting along with their new title.

GHG

Yeh we know its coming.

Million dollar question is whether it is coming to windows 10 as well.

Top Bottom