• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gematsu: Sony to hold Playstation Experience event in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what is everyone's fondest videogame memory?

Mine will always be that time I literally broke my ankle playing Tomb Raider 1.

Second place is the 36 hour Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo tournament me and my friends had one summer. It was like every time we wanted to stop, we couldn't, because one of us always had something to prove and thought we could still come out ahead in the tournament lol

Alright I'll play your damn game.

*One of* my favourite memories is finally getting out of the sewers in Dark Cloud 2 and seeing the world outside of Palm Brinks (the town).

It felt like such an incredible adventure, the first I've ever experienced in a video game, as I had not played a JRPG before this (except for Pokemon).

ascii42

Second place is the 36 hour Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo tournament me and my friends had one summer. It was like every time we wanted to stop, we couldn't, because one of us always had something to prove and thought we could still come out ahead in the tournament lol
Staying up all night with some friends playing the MGS1 demo. I probably spent more time playing that demo than the actual game. Thanks Pizza Hut!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Playing through Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, the game was wonderful. The game had everything I ever wanted until I wanted a sequel or a legitimate spiritual successor to it that followed the same format...

Keighley says he's "getting ready" to talk about something ... That tweet was a fucking hour ago. This dude is the master of hollow hype mongering.

Amir0x

Banned
Alright I'll play your damn game.

*One of* my favourite memories is finally getting out of the sewers in Dark Cloud 2 and seeing the world outside of Palm Brinks (the town).

It felt like such an incredible adventure, the first I've ever experienced in a video game, as I had not played a JRPG before this (except for Pokemon).

Man Dark Cloud 2 was amazing, wasn't it? what I wouldn't do for a Dark Cloud 3...

BakedYams said:
Playing through Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, the game was wonderful. The game had everything I ever wanted until I wanted a sequel or a legitimate spiritual successor to it that followed the same format...

Luigi's Adventures in Waffle Kingdom is STILL the funniest ongoing gag I ever saw in a game lol

Pennywise

You should switch your avatar to the jigsaw.

Anyway.
Secret of Mana.
It was my first JRPG and I played through it with my brother, which kept us from doing our homework back in the day.
We literally studied the guide that came with the game and we upgraded every weapon <3.

Playing 007 Agent under fire with my ex. She would beat me almost every time and id be fuming, she would tease the shit out of me as well.

Looking back that was the only time we really bonded. Most of the time we either screaming at each other or fucking.

Edit, no it was nightfire actually.

Yea, my hype just flew out the window.

Whatever, at least there's the Experience event to look forward to.

Same here, I will be extremely dissapointed if the game that is about to be announced turns out to be a multiplatform game.

For real? How did that happen?

I love and hate and love threads like this.

I'm more interested in people watching than I am any potential news, hahaha. Alas, I'm off to sleep. Have a great freak out, my friends. Wish I could be up with you.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Luigi's Adventures in Waffle Kingdom is STILL the funniest ongoing gag I ever saw in a game lol

It was hilarious but at the same time, I wanted it to be real. I wouldn't even have minded if it came out on the DS at the time. There was some untapped potential there.
For all we all if Thousand Year Door came out next year, Nintendo might have made it DLC if fans cried enough.

DavidDesu

Does anyone know who @isaparrot is on Twitter. It's someone I follow but I think they've changed their name and bio etc. They've been tweeting related to this and just tweeted about "the remaster everyone forgot about". Subsequently deleted. Seems related to all this hype...

Jotaka

My phone is at 4% battery and I'm out for 2 hours. I'm not gonna make it, GAF! :'(

gHK8gMj.gif

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Does anyone know who @isaparrot is on Twitter. It's someone I follow but I think they've changed their name and bio etc. They've been tweeting related to this and just tweeted about "the remaster everyone forgot about". Subsequently deleted. Seems related to all this hype...

My man Nathan Drake if full 1080p 60 fps no facial hair glory.

wmlk

SHENMUE HD Collection

thuway

Fuck that guy.

That's me, and it has nothing to do with this event nor does it have anything to do with a prediction. I was just trying to compile a list of remasters. I know nothing.

Cornbread78

Ouf, that's mad comfy. That got me happy just thinking about it.

Obligatory.

awww that's an amazing memory.

i actually purchased my FFVII before I even had a PlayStation. Staring at the cover for weeks lol

Yeah, there's a reason that game will always be something for me, lol. Bring in the remake though.

On question, it's gonna be multiplatform now, isn't it? Something would just feel off about that if true...

Also, just realized that was almost 17 years ago.... Fuck, I'm getting old..

Amir0x

Banned
For real? How did that happen?

It was that one level where you first fight that T-Rex in the big open room, Lost Valley. Well before that there's a bunch of hallways you have to navigate, and I'm inching my way around peering into the absolute blackness at the end of every hall and sweating like crazy. my friend is totally eggin' me on, trying to make me nervous. He's played this part before, but he won't tell me what to expect. So I'm slowly inching forward and I hear some footsteps, loud. But I can't tell where it's from. I'm panning around jumping like an idiot trying to find some corner to look from so I have a good defensive post. Then out of my field of vision a Raptor leaps right past my shoulder, and I jump so far out of my chair in real life that when I landed (read: fell horrifically in the wrong angle back against the chair) I actually broke my ankle.

I screamed like a baby, but I also couldn't stop laughing my ass off at how ridiculous I was lol

Ishan

Hmm.

Alright.

ppl hyping ps event. mods pitching in with one word replies but the hyper didnt get banned. bruce just saying something nice today. (NOT MEGATON) then ppl notice knightley tweet so today is probably just a teaser for some game awards announcement.

in general first took off for ps event and now just waiting for some decent teaser nothing major .

So, what is everyone's fondest videogame memory?l

Gotta go to bed but I'll add mine real quick:

I have so many but two from childhood that always stick with me are the summer I spent watching Cosby Show on Nick at Nite and playing Link's Awakening on my GB Color and a few years earlier when me and my best gradeschool friends (who I spent a year beating FFVII with) thought we finished Disk 1 after beating the Scorpian Robot in the intro sequence. It's amazing how big even a few minutes of that game felt at the time.

Thuway.

So GOW:A? Or Beyond?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom