• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

It doesn't matter whether he'll win bavaria with it or not.

Söder and Scheuerl will take him down if he doesn't get this.
CSU is scared because the AFD takes their vote. That's while they‘ll shift hard right in the coming months.

but with fdp and green in the mix their position will not be achievable. in particular the greens are hardcore against a cap. and if the csu shifts more to the right i see a lot of people voting for fdp or greens or freie wähler next election. i mean whats more right than csu? its basically the same as afd.

söder is also really overestimating himself. i rarely see anyone who thinks that guy is suited for seehofers job aside of the csu politicians. with him at the helm and with an even more extreme right course they could really tank in 2019

oti

Banned
BeGIp3OuTDOorYfKir-fyQ.png

What a drama queen.

Xando

but with fdp and green in the mix their position will not be achievable. in particular the greens are hardcore against a cap. and if the csu shifts more to the right i see a lot of people voting for fdp or greens or freie wähler next election. i mean whats more right than csu? its basically the same as afd.

söder is also really overestimating himself. i rarely see anyone who thinks that guy is suited for seehofers job aside of the csu politicians. with him at the helm and with an even more extreme right course they could really tank in 2019

No conservative CSU voter in bavaria is gonna vote FDP or greens because the CSU moved to the right.

Greens and FDP came in at 15% while AFD came in at 10% and the CSU at 44%.

And no offense but if you think CSU and AFD are the same you are clueless about german parties.

CSU is right of the CDU but still quite a bit left of the AFD. No AFD would have ever voted for Greek Bailouts or Energiewende

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Listened to a feature at Deutschlandfunk about that deal between CDU and CSU.
I love how its more or less just a lot of wischi-waschi, that doesnt sound like anything really messy and that can easily taken away by the Bundestag.

As expected IMO.

Listened to a feature at Deutschlandfunk about that deal between CDU and CSU.
I love how its more or less just a lot of wischi-waschi, that doesnt sound like anything really messy and that can easily taken away by the Bundestag.

As expected IMO.

I read an article of the FAZ where they pretty much tore the whole thing apart and it being nothing more than a paper Seehofer can pull out of his pockets to show his (potential) voters that he got his Obergrenze..

Kyougar

The Problem with Die Linke is, that Wagenknecht is a charismatic leader and has some good social agendas, but goes nuts on some other issues that make the Linke unvotable.

Without Wagenknecht though, they don't have a leader that could step up to the role.

oti

Banned
Maybe they'll turn into an electable party that could govern in a coalition with SPD and the Greens.

You can tell they're taking Nahles' words seriously.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe they'll turn into an electable party that could govern in a coalition with SPD and the Greens.

Jokes on you when you believe that.
They just want their voters back, who were always way more racist then of other partys, which they lost to the AfD.

Valhelm

contribute something

Haven't the SDP and Greens historically rejected and fucked over the Linke to instead coalition with the CDU?

Apparently there are rumblings of the Linke is going to purge Wagenknecht and make some kind of rightward turn?

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/...-wagenknecht-droht-mit-rueckzug-15250049.html

Article is in German, which I can't read, but a Linke voter told me she's really worried about these developments

The article makes it sound like she is threatening to leave because she isn't seeing the necessary support in the party.

I usually like her input, but at the end of the day she is a straight up self confessed communist, which is in no way a productive position to have.

If her party actually wants to be part of a government coalition in the future they need to get rid of people like her.

Even without communists, the party would still be the most left wing party in Germany.

I am still dreaming of a future in which Die Linke reaches a level of productiveness that makes Rot-Rot-Grün possible. So Die Linke, SPD and Greens in a coalition.
Linke can be responsible for social systems, Greens for environment, energy and sustainability and SPD for economy and foreign policy.

oti

Banned
The article makes it sound like she is threatening to leave because she isn't seeing the necessary support in the party.

I usually like her input, but at the end of the day she is a straight up self confessed communist, which is in no way a productive position to have.

If her party actually wants to be part of a government coalition in the future they need to get rid of people like her.

Even without communists, the party would still be the most left wing party in Germany.

I am still dreaming of a future in which Die Linke reaches a level of productiveness that makes Rot-Rot-Grün possible. So Die Linke, SPD and Greens in a coalition.
Linke can be responsible for social systems, Greens for environment, energy and sustainability and SPD for economy and foreign policy.

This is what Nahles said to the Linke:

Die neue SPD-Fraktionschefin Andrea Nahles ist zur Kooperation mit der Linkspartei im Bundestag bereit. "Wir haben jetzt vier Jahre in der Opposition vor uns, und wir müssen uns über unsere gemeinsame Verantwortung für unsere Demokratie auf die eine oder andere Weise verständigen. Dazu bin ich bereit", sagt Nahles dem Spiegel.

Nahles appellierte an die Linke, ebenfalls einen Schritt auf die Sozialdemokraten zuzugehen. "Die Linkspartei ist zwar marktkritisch, aber auf dem politischen Markt geht es ihr leider zu oft um ihr Geschäftsmodell 'Anti-SPD' und nicht um politische Verantwortung. Wenn das so bleibt, wird es schwierig."

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2017-09/spd-fraktion-andrea-nahles-kooperation-die-linke

This is as clear as she could've gotten. Get your act together, start developing reasonable positions and we could govern together in four years. Question is whether the Linke is capable of doing that.

Green Yoshi

Won‘t happen. Not as long as they don‘t get rid of those former SED-politicans.
They have learned from their mistakes while the Left in Western Germany still wants to get rid of capitalism.

I would appreciate a Jamaica coalition with Cem Özdemir as chancellor, but another four years of Merkel? Give me a break.

Top Bottom