• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

Lime

Saw this on twitter:

DKtz6LMXUAAq0Ml.jpg

I could imagine they go for the white genocide angle and use white female reproduction similar to Orban in Hungary:

DBODbNbWAAEVz5g.jpg

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I cannot fault these programs of Orban, since they are not discriminating anyone but just helping families and especially mothers.

Saw this on twitter:

I could imagine they go for the white genocide angle and use white female reproduction similar to Orban in Hungary:

They do.

There are even worse ads from Afd though, they have hired the company that did Trumps ad campaign to do theirs iirc, and they have targeted pretty much all things that have to do with immigrants, and especially muslims.

Oersted

Nahles as the head of the SPD in the parliament, Dobrindt as CSU head and Schäuble as head of the national parliament.

We are off to a great start.

Dunno, Mindestlohn wasnt the worst thing thing that fell out of the last term.

Introduction of the minimum wage, pensions for mothers, pension with 63 and limitations for temporary employment come to mind. She delivered.

And Schäuble is one of the most popular politicians in Germany, despite having served as finance minister (usually not the kind of job which gets you a cheering crowd). Besides, he literally took three bullets for this country. He's more than suited to take the 2nd highest political position Germany has to offer.

Also besides being financial minister despite not knowing where his party put 100,000 DM he received from an arms dealer as a supposed party donation?
Dude shouldn‘t have to be allowed near any financials for over 17 years ago..

Introduction of the minimum wage, pensions for mothers, pension with 63 and limitations for temporary employment come to mind. She delivered.

And Schäuble is one of the most popular politicians in Germany, despite having served as finance minister (usually not the kind of job which gets you a cheering crowd). Besides, he literally took three bullets for this country. He's more than suited to take the 2nd highest political position Germany has to offer.

I agree on Nahles. I don't see her winning elections, though. I dunno, I don't get a "chancelor-y" gut feeling when I see her.

Schäuble is quite popular and it's completely beyond me why. People seem to have forgotten that he played an integral role in one of the biggest corruption scandals in post-war Germany (Spendenaffäre; Wikipedia link for our non-German readers)

Oersted

Nahles is an idiot, Dobrindt is weak and Schäuble is one of the most dubious people in German politics.

Dobrindt being an idiot is underselling it.

Sweeping the emission scandal under the rug(or atleast trying to), the lkw toll debacle (state paid too much, he knew for over a year and did nothing about it, the pointless Pkw toll....

In a time where his office was seriously needed, he fucked everything up

Kind of surprised by all the hate for Schäuble becoming Bundestagspräsident. He is basically the perfect candidate for it. Plus this means he won't be a minister in the coalition!

Isn’t his policy of the „Schwarze Null“ partly responsible for the state of our infrastructure and schools?

Infrastructure (except Autobahn and other cross-border roads) as well as education are within the responsibility of each federal state. In fact, the Bund isn't even allowed to spend money for schools. FDP and Grüne want to change that.

Isn’t his policy of the „Schwarze Null“ partly responsible for the state of our infrastructure and schools?
It's ambivalent with Schäuble. For one part he doesn't force other EU members to punish them because they can't meet their financial quota, he enforces for an european financial minister and wants to cut the power of the eu commission. On the other hand he enforces the austerity, especially in Greece.

Dehnus

This is the real first page of Die Zeit...

img_0345sckin.jpg

Say what you want, but in 50 years they'll remember "Mutti Merkel" with abut the same infamy and fame as "Mummy Thatcher". Some with hate (just like Thatcher) some with love (just like Thatcher).

But she has proven in either case to be a very strong woman, that stood up to trump far more than almost any man did. That by itself will keep her in memories.

Nah, black zero is fine. Anticyclic policy and so on. Also his European vision seems quite alright from what I've been reading lately. It's more like the person himself, not his fiscal ideas, I have a problem with.

Top Bottom