• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

German Federal Elections 2017 |OT| Electing the new leader of the free world

Out of the Blue?

tumblr_o3u10gFxXG1uf4b27o1_250.gif

Reminds me way too much of that "morgen mach ich blau" stuff I saw before the last election

Are you serious? Why? Thanks to him wanting a black zero our schools, infrastrucute, the komunen are all going downhill for years because they dont have enough money

I'm totally serious. Our grandchildren shouldn't pay the debth for our expenses. Especially in times of growth and flourishing economy saving money is essential. Keep making depths for times things go down the tube.

It's ambivalent with Schäuble. For one part he doesn't force other EU members to punish them because they can't meet their financial quota, he enforces for an european financial minister and wants to cut the power of the eu commission. On the other hand he enforces the austerity, especially in Greece.

He can't enforce anything in Greece.

Voting right wing parties into parliament since 1949

This one seems appropriate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=250293371#post250293371

Fake Edit:
Austrian Election OT - It's Anschluss Time!

or

Austrian Election OT - Party like it's 1938!

MAN! I like this a lot too, oh well. You can tell I'm very optimistic.

Sorry everyone. I had such an annoying time making that thread, I couldn't wait for your lovely ideas.

chadskin

Die Berichterstattung im Vorfeld der Bundestagswahl hat die Umfragewerte der AfD steigen lassen. Das ist das Ergebnis einer gemeinsamen Untersuchung von BuzzFeed News und dem Lehrstuhl für Political Data Science an der Hochschule für Politik München.

„Hätten die Medien mehrere Wochen lang gar nicht über die AfD berichtet, wären die Umfragewerte unseren Berechnungen zufolge fünf Punkte niedriger“, so Lehrstuhlinhaber Professor Simon Hegelich. „Wird viel über die AfD berichtet, steigt auch die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass ihre Umfragewerte steigen.“
https://www.buzzfeed.com/marcusengert/diese-zahlen-zeigen-dass-journalisten-schuld-am-erfolg-der

Can someone translate this for me? Thanks

long story short:

"Sophie Scholl would vote for AfD."

Sophia Scholl was a German student and anti-Nazi political activist, active within the White Rose non-violent resistance group in Nazi Germany

She was convicted of high treason after having been found distributing anti-war leaflets at the University of Munich (LMU) with her brother Hans. As a result, they were both executed by guillotine. (from Wiki)

Mimosa97

long story short:

"Sophie Scholl would vote for AfD."

Sophia Scholl was a German student and anti-Nazi political activist, active within the White Rose non-violent resistance group in Nazi Germany

She was convicted of high treason after having been found distributing anti-war leaflets at the University of Munich (LMU) with her brother Hans. As a result, they were both executed by guillotine. (from Wiki)

Yep I know who Sophie Scholl is but I wanted to know how they could use such an anti-nazi figure for their right-wing propaganda. I bet they used a quote out of context or something. Just wanted to know what the text exactly said.

Yep I know who Sophie Scholl is but I wanted to know how they could use such an anti-nazi figure for their right-wing propaganda. I bet they used a quote out of context or something. Just wanted to know what the text exactly said.
Its an anti-Nazi quote they seemingly tried to spin into an anti-establishment and maybe anti-immigration/islam quote which is highly gross. It basically says its beneath us to give up without resistance and allow us to be ruled by irresponsible people with dark motivations

Hammer24

Banned

Quick'n'dirty:

"Nothing is more unseemly for a cultured people, than offering no resistance towards being ruled by an irresponsible and darkly urged ruling clique."

barber

You confuse making depths with investments.
Debt in a company / government is not bad as long as the investment done with that money is able to pay back the debt. That is the reason why countries can maintain negative budgets, as the debt cost is less than the increase revenue in the future due to them (simplified version). Trying to maintain a totally positive budget is not always good, as it stiffens the investments and creates a worse future. That is not to say that the government should have huge debts, as then they are not making the money back from investments. However, thinking that government budgets works like households one is bad.
Edit: If the country borrows 50 millions of Euros but is able to increase that way the economic output in a way, it is better than waiting 2-3 years (until the government has the spare cash in the budget) and then paying it in cash. Debt is not always bad.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Debt in a company / government is not bad as long as the investment done with that money is able to pay back the debt.

In 2008—before interests in the Euro zone took a dramatic nose dive as a consequence of the crisis—we spent ~15% of our federal budget just to pay the interests of our debt. Since then, it only fell mainly due to the unprecedented low interest rate in the EU.

The idea behind anti-cyclic fiscal policies is to pay back debts during times of economic growths; on other words, to pay them back right now. Unless we are happy with the permanent anti-social redistribution of a significant part of our federal budget from our tax payers to foreign and domestic investors.

Mimosa97

Its an anti-Nazi quote they seemingly tried to spin into an anti-establishment and maybe anti-immigration/islam quote which is highly gross. It basically says its beneath us to give up without resistance and allow us to be ruled by irresponsible people with dark motivations

Quick'n'dirty:

"Nothing is more unseemly for a cultured people, than offering no resistance towards being ruled by an irresponsible and darkly urged ruling clique."

Thank you guys. It's somehow not as bad as expected. Still fuck the afd.

Since when were people calling the Jamaica Coalition „Schwampel“? Heard it in Anne Will and just now in ttt.

I think that one is as old as the term Jamaica Coalition. At least I think I already heard it in the aftermath of the 2005 election.

tbh, I like the term precisely because it sounds so dumb :-|

scamander

Banned
I mean I'm happy for everything that could lead to the AfD imploding, but in general I really think this is a flaw in the system. He only got his seat in the Bundestag, because the AfD assigned it to him. The electorate didn't vote for him directly, so the seat belongs to the party, not to him personally. If he doesn't want to be part of the fraction, the seat should just go to the next candidate on the list.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I dont think so. I think they will go with this in the negotiations and give this position up.
They cant enforce it anyway, its against the confession.

I dont think so. I think they will go with this in the negotiations and give this position up.

Probably so CDU can tell AfD voters later "we tried to do it but the Greens and the FDP wouldn't let us!" as well as having a sacrificial lamb for the negotiations

Xando

I'd love to hear how this is even compatible with our constitution and article 16a from the CDU
I read some constitutional lawyer analyzing it would be possible last week but i’m too lazy to search for it.

Apparently there’s some kind of loophole they can use.

I doubt the CSU is gonna drop it.

Mutti 4 weeks ago

Angela Merkel zwei Wochen vor der #btw17: "Meine Haltung zu der Obergrenze ist ja bekannt, dass ich sie nicht will. Ich möchte sie nicht. Garantiert. Ich halte sie auch nicht für praktikabel."

They can't, 66% is needed for that. And they also wouldn't, unless they want to utterly destroy themselves next election.

seehofer doesnt seem to care.

i really doubt that merkel will accept the cap. it would be devastating for her reputation and seehofer already doesnt seem to have much backing in his party tbh.

Xando

seehofer doesnt seem to care.

i really doubt that merkel will accept the cap. it would be devastating for her reputation and seehofer already doesnt seem to have much backing in his party tbh.
That’s why Seehofer needs it.

With the BTW result and next years election in bavaria he’ll be gone without some kind of victory on the Obergrenzen topic.

That’s why Seehofer needs it.

With the BTW result and next years election in bavaria he’ll be gone without some kind of victory on the Obergrenzen topic.

seehofer wont win over bavaria with his strategy. he already failed with that this election. people that think that there is a need for a cap will vote for afd. people that dont will vote for other parties (fdp or green)

Xando

seehofer wont win over bavaria with his strategy. he already failed with that this election. people that think that there is a need for a cap will vote for afd. people that dont will vote for other parties (fdp or green)
It doesn’t matter whether he’ll win bavaria with it or not.

Söder and Scheuerl will take him down if he doesn’t get this.
CSU is scared because the AFD takes their vote. That’s while they‘ll shift hard right in the coming months.

As they said on election night they want to close the „right flank“

Top Bottom