• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI November cover: Resistance 3 (Another thread claimed for The Last Guardian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Alright....Hello? Waiting patiently here...

So Gamestop has a 9/2/2011 release date listed, can you confirm that as a target date at least?

Cornbread78

Loudninja said:
So you guys want to play some R2 co-op later?Nothing else to do.

I normally would, it is "T-Baggin' Tuesday" afterall. However, I just picked up MoH and will be playing around with it tonight.

Damn JStev. I was hoping to see something before I left the office! Hopefully later tonight and I'll see it in the morn.!

jiggles

Banned
knaRJ.gif
Seriously, where the fuck are my RESISTANCE 3 INFOS?

RavenFox

Banned
jstevenson said:
Also to note, lots of new and exclusive screens and art (new weapon) in this issue that you didn't see from the SCEE leak.
Make sure that scene on the cover is in the game and I'll wash your feet and make you breakfast. Yes gaf I went there

Loudninja

Cornbread78 said:
I normally would, it is "T-Baggin' Tuesday" afterall. However, I just picked up MoH and will be playing around with it tonight.

Damn JStev. I was hoping to see something before I left the office! Hopefully later tonight and I'll see it in the morn.!
Ahh ok dammit I wants info.

thuway

JS what is the link? I'm at the Resistance forums and its bunch of people talking about how they wished they got the issue today.

MrPliskin

Banned
jstevenson said:
someone on our forums got the issue today

I assume you mean the IG forums and not MyRes?

Edit: Got it.

Then Resistance:
- They recap R2
- Capelli started a family with Susan (Hale's Stepsister)
- Their son is sick so Capelli has to go to New York to get an anti-virus
- Malikov LIVES!!
- They confirm co-op campaign (Capelli, Malikov, & John Harper [Capelli's partner]) are key characters (but no alternate story co-op like R2)
- They describe a couple scenes (some related to the leaked images)
- One of the multiplayer maps is in an African Prison
- Chimeran Plant Life (that explodes when shot) shows that the world is changing
- Describes some boat scenes from the campaign
- Talk about the new smarter AI (climb over walls, and through windows and stuff)
- Long legs jumping from roof to roof shooting down at you
- The Mutator:
A new weapon that shoots biological mist that causes boils and stuff on the enemy and then makes them pop hurting the other nearby enemies
Secondary fire makes them go insane and attack their buddies
- Other Weapons:
Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger, carbine are all back... and all weapons are upgradable as you use them more and more
Weapons are also made to look more improvised so... grenades are shaped like food cans full of nails and such...
- Online was talked about but not much is known yet:
it says they wanna make it more organized and not a cluster like the 60 player matches in R2
- Also Ted Price handed the reigns to Marcus Smith to do alot of the other work
- Humans eating humans cuz lack of food... NICE!

Story:
Basically Capelli is trying to get the Hale Vaccine which was made by Malikov from Hale's blood... the vaccine may cure the chimeran virus... Capelli is doing this to save his son so he goes with Malikov to New York, St. Louis, etc. They also have no more gas so everything needs to be run off of Chimeran Energy cores which have to be stolen from chimeran ships...

MrPliskin

Banned
Really digging on the story so far, a world in ruins with cannibals and chimera? Sounds awesome!

The new weapons sound pretty boss as well. I wonder if the customizations will carry over to MP?

Also pretty stoked to see a co-op campaign! I like the idea of robbing Chimeran energy cores, hopefully it doesn't mean we'll be doing a lot of fetch quests though. I also hope that we don't end up with something like Zombrex. I want this search for a cure to be a one off.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
You had me @ humans eating humans...whaaaaa?
I really want to see some footage of the game now. When can we has?

MrPliskin

Banned
jstevenson said:
He's not 100% clear with it, but he is referring to SP campaign co-op.

I know I can't expect you to clarify everything, but does that mean that SP campaign co-op may be it's own mode separate from another co-op mode?

i.e. is the SP Campaign like FoM (offline) and another branch of online co-op exists?

Mikey Jr. said:
Sounds to me like the human race is beyond saving. Now its just about surviving? Not sure how I feel about that.

I actually love the idea. I don't want a happy ending story, I want something dark and unexpected.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

'Gritier most brutal' Resistance ever?

So SP Campaign Co Op like R1?
No info on R2 like CoOp or weapon system ?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Sounds to me like the human race is beyond saving. Now its just about surviving? Not sure how I feel about that.

Same here...

I hope R3 doesn't turn into a survival horror fps. I will be disappointed big time.

to me, resistance is all about the massive epic scale battles. ie - chicago and manchester levels from R1 and R2. that is when resistance really shines.

other than that though. it sounds fantastic.

edit: co op campaign WOOOOOO!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Man we need footage ASAP.
When can we expect to see some R3 in motion?

jett said:
R3 sounds nice and all but wut about The Last Guardian
Wrong thread buddy. LAWLZ

MrPliskin

Banned
ConradCervantes said:
I thought Malikov
committed suicide by overdose at the end of the last game.
How the hell is that going to be explained?

Actually this is only implied, but the truth is we never know what happens to Makilov.

Edit: To be more clear, he writes note, but there's never any resolution for this plot line.

MrPliskin said:
Actually this is only implied, but the truth is we never know what happens to Makilov. You only get this hint through intel I believe, and it's only a vague hint at that.

Eh, I suppose that could work. It just seemed like a natural end to his character given that he essentially is to blame for EVERYTHING that went wrong in Resistance 2.

so there's no coop mode like in R2 and instead a generic campaign coop? well shit, that was basically the only redeeming quality of that game

MrPliskin

Banned
jstevenson said:
hmm.. they forgot to mention that part... guess you'll just have to ask them or wait for the issue. :D :D

Weapon wheel confirmed.

ConradCervantes said:
Eh, I suppose that could work. It just seemed like a natural end to his character given that he essentially is to blame for EVERYTHING that went wrong in Resistance 2.

Well, it will be explained, and I'm sure he will have made some crazy revelation or something which stopped him from doing the deed, lol.

fuzzyreactor said:
so there's no coop mode like in R2? well shit, that was basically the only redeeming quality of that game

Well, from the sounds of things, it seems they've taken a lot of the things from R2's co-op, and integrated that into the Story line and injected co-op into that.

The upgradeable weapons, and 3 player co-op sounds pretty much like they have combined the two modes at this point, at least that's the vibe I'm getting.

MrPliskin

Banned
jett said:
Seems like I'm in the right place!

I just don't think anyone really cares to read or see any info we've all seen over the last year. There's really no way there's any big reveal in this issue, for multiple reasons. I'd love to be wrong though.

Edit: Shit, sorry for the double post.

Fersis

jett said:
Seems like I'm in the right place!
We got the info from the resistance forums, they didnt bother on The Last Guardian.
(I guess its the same info from TGS)

Fersis

jstevenson said:
hmm.. they forgot to mention that part... guess you'll just have to ask them or wait for the issue. :D :D
Wait wait!
Wheapon Wheel confirmed?!!

Ok im officially hyped!

MrPliskin

Banned
Just read on MyRes from IG_Featherston (TeamKlimit I think on GAF?), the plot line has been garbled up by the dude at IG's forums.

Don't know what it is, but apparently it's not because Capelli's kid is sick, or there's something that he missed. Quote:

-"Their son is sick so Capelli has to go to New York to get an anti-virus"

Read the article again. This is incorrect.

The bolded parts are incorrect. Finding the anti-virus is not the goal of the game.

Quote:
Then Resistance:
- They recap R2
- Malikov LIVES!!
- They confirm co-op campaign (Capelli, Malikov, & John Harper [Capelli's partner]) are key characters (but no alternate story co-op like R2)
- Chimeran Plant Life (that explodes when shot) shows that the world is changing
- Talk about the new smarter AI (climb over walls, and through windows and stuff)
- The Mutator:
A new weapon that shoots biological mist that causes boils and stuff on the enemy and then makes them pop hurting the other nearby enemies
- Other Weapons:
Bullseye, Magnum, Shotgun, Auger, carbine are all back... and all weapons are upgradable as you use them more and more
Weapons are also made to look more improvised so... grenades are shaped like food cans full of nails and such...
it says they wanna make it more organized and not a cluster like the 60 player matches in R2

Story:
Basically Capelli is trying to get the Hale Vaccine which was made by Malikov from Hale's blood... the vaccine may cure the chimeran virus... Capelli is doing this to save his son so he goes with Malikov to New York, St. Louis, etc. They also have no more gas so everything needs to be run off of Chimeran Energy cores which have to be stolen from chimeran ships...

MrPliskin

Banned
Team Klimt said:
The bolded parts are incorrect. Finding the anti-virus is not the goal of the game.

Quote:
Then Resistance:
- They recap R2
- Malikov LIVES!!
- The Mutator:
- Other Weapons:

Story:

HA! I beat you...

Naturally I see it only fit that you reward us with some video footage. Just sayin' :lol

Fersis

Bullseye,Magnum and Auger are back.
So awesome. :D

MrPliskin said:
HA! I beat you...

Naturally I see it only fit that you reward us with some video footage. Just sayin' :lol

I wasn't posting the list, I was correcting it :) Bolded points are incorrect and mis-interpreted from the article. Finding the anti-virus is not the goal of the game.

MrPliskin

Banned
Team Klimt said:
I wasn't posting the list, I was correcting it :) Bolded points are incorrect and mis-interpreted from the article. Finding the anti-virus is not the goal of the game.

as;ldkfja

...sorry. I posted the correction before you did though :p

Well, hopefully I can get my hands on the issue tomorrow, or someone will post up some correct info by then. Thanks for the heads up though.

still want my footage

Loving the sound of it so far. Sounds like Cormac McCarthy's [/I]The Road[/I], but with aliens and crazy-awesome Insomniac weapons. So, not much like The Road, but you get what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom