• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI November cover: Resistance 3 (Another thread claimed for The Last Guardian)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jstevenson said:
*pages through the story and laughs*

/eviltease
Stone-Cold.gif

Without the knit hat and the overt anger it won't be the same Capelli lol
Spill it JS, is the 40mm grenade making it's triumphant return?

Cornbread78

BobTheFork said:
Without the knit hat and the overt anger it won't be the same Capelli lol
Spill it JS, is the 40mm grenade making it's triumphant return?

Yes, it's Resistance, you have to include teh 40 because at least it's balanced in the series, unlike CoD....what about the old school Laark? I loved the stall/ directional fire ability.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Irish

Fersis said:
Nice, in fact i preffer the one GI used.

Hm, I'm not sure which I like better. Looking at the early sketch compared to the final one, I think the alternate cover could have looked just as good.

ssolitare said:
I believe that this series is called: Mehsistance.

The first one was okay but maaaan that second one.
Damn, I probably would have died of heart failure if you hadn't posted.
Thanks bro.

Loudninja

Okay today is really the day, there is no way possible that its not this day. :p

Those well-versed in history may wonder why the arch is there in 1957 when construction didn't start until 1963. To that we say, "Aliens didn't take over the world either." Besides, what other St. Louis iconic landmark can you think of?

So the game takes place in 1957?

Fersis

Loudninja said:
Okay today is really the day, there is no way possible that its not this day. :p

Resistance 3 Day !
Woooo !!!!

Fersis

FunkyPajamas said:
js, are you ready to give the announcement of full campaign online co-op to neogaf as exclusive? :lol
Dunno dood, i was hooked with R2 CoOp.
Something like that but with more content would be awesome.

Also : Where the hell is the new info ?

thuway

Where the hell is the new info. The magazine is supposed to be out by now. Some of us don't live in the USA :/.

Fersis

thuway said:
Where the hell is the new info. The magazine is supposed to be out by now. Some of us don't live in the USA :/.
Exactly.

Come on JS!! Give non USA residents a hint here!
WERE DYING!!! ARGGH!

Deware80

Banned
waiting on the mailman guys. I guess it takes longer to deliver mail after holidays. I can't scan pics, but will definitely post info if no one else on the internet does before me.

Fersis

Deware80 said:
waiting on the mailman guys. I guess it takes longer to deliver mail after holidays. I can't scan pics, but will definitely post info if no one else on the internet does before me.
A true gentleman.

Fersis

I really liked the Hero moments in Resistance Fall of Men.
Hope they are back.

MrPliskin

Banned
Fersis said:
I really liked the Hero moments in Resistance Fall of Men.
Hope they are back.

I honestly felt they were kind of pointless as many of the Soldiers you could save would ultimately die anyway and didn't have any identity.

What I would rather see, is Hero Moments in Co-op, similar to how L4D does it. Basically, saving your team mates (people online) who actually matter to that mode, rather than nameless faceless drones who will die no matter what at any given moment.

As far as narration, I think the only way to go is similar to how God of War did it, which is a combination of both Narration, and first person delivery. Then bring it back full circle toward the end of the game. It's cliche and contrived, but ultimately a very effective story delivery tool for video games.

Fersis said:
Dunno dood, i was hooked with R2 CoOp.
Something like that but with more content would be awesome.

Also : Where the hell is the new info ?

I'm sure that the MMO-like coop will come back, it's the gameplay mode that got the best feedback of the whole R2 game. But that doesn't mean that the main SP campaign can't work in coop.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Still no new info? Damnit J, just spill the beans please. It's only a matter of hours before someone uploads article summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom