• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think Drew mentioned that Scanlon is a Irish name but being in Ireland I dont think I have ever heard the name once.

I guess it sounds Northern Irish. Maybe Scottish? In my head I can I hear Sean Connery saying in.
Originally recorded in many spellings including Mac Scanlon, O' Scanlon, O' Scannill, O' Scanlan, but now more usually as Scanlon, and more rarely Scannell, Scanlan, Scanlin, and possibly others, this is an ancient Irish surname. It derives from the Gaelic pre 10th century personal 'Scanlain' which translates literally as 'The contentious one'.

How fitting

popo

Looks like the made Chivalry but with easier combat and more health.

I believe he's making a joke of honor vs honour

Only because americans are too lazy to type an extra U.

? It's called like that everywhere, no?

I wasn't joking (other than me not being really offended) and I have no problem with how Americans spell it - I just find it lazy that they didn't spell the UK version correctly. I guess it could be a trademark thing.

I mean - if they called it For Honour everywhere I bet some of you Americans would be going nuts.

For Honor looks like the most videogamey videogame I've seen

I don't know what that means.

I wasn't joking (other than me not being really offended) and I have no problem with how Americans spell it - I just find it lazy that they didn't spell the UK version correctly. I guess it could be a trademark thing.

I mean - if they called it For Honour everywhere I bet some of you Americans would be going nuts.

It's absolutely a trademark situation. Also I wouldn't care, because I believe in the metric system so I'm basically a traitor to this country.

kiguel182

I came here to comment on that Patrick article but honestly? There being an outlet open to talk about sex related stuff in video-games in a non-juvenile way. Even if a mod of Stardew Valley might seem like a weird thing.

Waypoint is weird but I think it's good weird.

popo

It's absolutely a trademark situation. Also I wouldn't care, because I believe in the metric system so I'm basically a traitor to this country.

The irony being half of your country idolises the military - wholesale adopters of the metric system.

I came here to comment on that Patrick article but honestly? There being an outlet open to talk about sex related stuff in video-games in a non-juvenile way. Even if a mod of Stardew Valley might seem like a weird thing.

Kotaku has been writing that stuff for years.

derFeef

Millennials love it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I guess they have to mabey overshoot a little to make that point, but that content has every right to exist.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I liked it when they said "Does X fuck?". That is a hilarious joke that is worth repeating. Was really glad when it was brought over to the GiantBomb Universe during Jeff's stream.

Did I say anything was wrong with that? It was brought up that a lot of Vice articles are sex related, I asked if one of those articles was one where a lady had sex with a doll.
because-of-the-implication_o_150451.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Waypoint exists to dig deeper into the cultures, sub-cultures and see what's going on down there. Kotaku doesn't do that really. They latch onto things as they're bubbling past the subculture without having to actually go digging.

daveo42

Banned
The interview is fine. It's just not something I'd ever thought I'd see coming from Patrick.

Personally it's not the kind of #content I'm really looking for nor really need.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I do feel like there are mods out there that are more worthy of being talked about than "added jerk off schedules" but hey. To each his own.

kiguel182

I found it a pretty interesting subject and something I didn't think about while playing the game.

I also wasn't expecting Patrick to be the one to do it but well, I'm all for it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Waypoint exists to dig deeper into the cultures, sub-cultures and see what's going on down there. Kotaku doesn't do that really. They latch onto things as they're bubbling past the subculture without having to actually go digging.
Yeah, they aren't doing what people often criticize other gaming outlets like Kotaku for. I've talked shit about Waypoint, but I will defend them on articles like this. We need them.

BearPawB

Banned
I just can't justify it with all I have bought recently.
And all that is coming up (mass effect, maybe even horizion?, and i have a switch preordered for some ungodly reason)

I just can't justify it with all I have bought recently.
And all that is coming up (mass effect, maybe even horizion?, and i have a switch preordered for some ungodly reason)

Definitely can understand that haha. Way too many good games and not enough time to play them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom