• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Liking the QL so far, but the focus being more MP means I'll pass. I still have a good deal of stuff coming down the pipe in the next two months too to justify buying anything else (Horizon followed by P5).

Catvoca

Banned
I played a bit of the beta and For Honor was really fun. Not sure it's the type of game I'd get hooked on but what they've made seems like it could be great. I hope it does well for them since it's kind of a risky thing for Ubisoft to make.

Liking the QL so far, but the focus being more MP means I'll pass. I still have a good deal of stuff coming down the pipe in the next two months too to justify buying anything else (Horizon followed by P5).

It's actually still pretty fun. You can play most (all?) of the game modes against Ai instead of other players. I really didn't think I was going to like the game, but the most recent beta completely changed my mind. But yeah, March is a pretty busy month. I cancelled my Switch pre-order because I realized that I wasn't going to have enough time to play it. Mass Effect is going to eat up hours upon hours.

BearPawB

Banned
It's actually still pretty fun. You can play most (all?) of the game modes against Ai instead of other players. I really didn't think I was going to like the game, but the most recent beta completely changed my mind. But yeah, March is a pretty busy month. I cancelled my Switch pre-order because I realized that I wasn't going to have enough time to play it. Mass Effect is going to eat up hours upon hours.

I only kept the switch preorder because Zelda games are the only ones my wife cares about.

But it's good because that means when shes playing zelda I can be playing mass effect

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Patrick you can't use 'yes you heard that right' as your subheader for your dumb sex in video games article when your website is already full of dumb sex in video games articles

Meneses

But what if Mass Effect sucks and / or is really short, and then you want to get a Switch instead and you can't because it's sold out everywhere.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Dineren

Banned
I wish I had tried the For Honor beta. It looks fun, but whenever I buy a game that focuses on MP I end up dropping it after a few hours even when I enjoy it.

oti

Banned

6d76aa63c13941388f127eee193ab440.png

I cant deal with Drew being this famous

How long until they stop him on the streets

Give it a week. He'll be too cool for us, non-memes.

kiguel182

No interest on For Honor for me.

If I buy any AAA titles on the next few months it will probably be backlog stuff like Bloodborne or MGSV.

Mass Effect is the only big title I'm looking forward too but I'm staying off buying games at full price for now.

I'm still finishing off Fallout 4 and I'm not level 20 in every Hitman level so I have stuff to enjoy until then.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I got recognized in a Rocket League game and that was awful enough. I don't know how people can be comfortable with celebrity.

Bacon

I remember seeing the drew meme in other subsections of gaf a few months ago. Gaf hop used to use it quite frequently. Never thought it would blow up to this extent though.

Eleuin

I remember seeing the drew meme in other subsections of gaf a few months ago. Gaf hop used to use it quite frequently. Never thought it would blow up to this extent though.
Yeah isnt it relatively old?

Surreal to see it blow up it like this

kvothe

Keep seeing the Taco Bell wedding thread over in Gaming. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's perfect for Dan to get married at a Taco Bell... But when internet "celebrities" enter into a public contest that's open to voting, it just seems... unsporting? There could be a person that makes a much better submission than Dan, but because he isn't as well known as Dan, he'll lose.

Dan has already had so many awesome things happen in his life but this TB Wedding could be the only awesome thing to ever happen to some average Joe.

If Dan actually makes the best submission, he deserves to win. But there's too much bias in the voting pool already to know if it's a genuine victory or not.

Keep seeing the Taco Bell wedding thread over in Gaming. It just rubs me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's perfect for Dan to get married at a Taco Bell... But when internet "celebrities" enter into a public contest that's open to voting, it just seems... unsporting? There could be a person that makes a much better submission than Dan, but because he isn't as well known as Dan, he'll lose.

Dan has already had so many awesome things happen in his life but this TB Wedding could be the only awesome thing to ever happen to some average Joe.

If Dan actually makes the best submission, he deserves to win. But there's too much bias in the voting pool already to know if it's a genuine victory or not.

The winner isn't picked by public vote, at least. Only the finalists.

Zaph

Don't get me wrong, I think it's perfect for Dan to get married at a Taco Bell... But when internet "celebrities" enter into basically a public contest that's open to voting, it just seems... unsporting? There could be a person that makes a much better submission than Dan, but because he isn't as well known as Dan, he'll lose.

It's a Taco Bell wedding, even if you win you lose. He's not taking anything from anyone.

BearPawB

Banned

Don't get me wrong, I think it's perfect for Dan to get married at a Taco Bell... But when internet "celebrities" enter into basically a public contest that's open to voting, it just seems... unsporting? There could be a person that makes a much better submission than Dan, but because he isn't as well known as Dan, he'll lose.

Calling Dan a celebrity (even in quotes) is a bit of a stretch.

If I didn't think Dan was really passionate about taco bell it would be different.
But you can not deny that the man is probably one of the biggest Taco Bell fans in the world.

He made a pilgrimage to a beach taco bell.

He isn't doing it as a goof. I think he really legitimately wants to do it

Xater

I was hoping the single player would be more substantial even though it's looked for a while like the focus was mostly on multiplayer.

We heard early on that the SP will be throwaway. I don't know which outlet wrote that in a preview. Might have been RPS. It seems like the low bar effort I expected for this game.

kvothe

Calling Dan a celebrity (even in quotes) is a bit of a stretch.

If I didn't think Dan was really passionate about taco bell it would be different.
But you can not deny that the man is probably one of the biggest Taco Bell fans in the world.

He made a pilgrimage to a beach taco bell.

He isn't doing it as a goof. I think he really legitimately wants to do it

I mean, you can argue about the semantics of "celebrity," but there's a 10 page thread about the guy. It's undeniable that he has more pull than just your average person off the street.

And yeah, Dan is definitely genuine in his passion for Taco Bell. It's very well documented. I'm sure he really does want to win this competition. But I'm sure there's a number of people just as passionate for Taco Bell, if not more passionate, who don't stand a chance because they can't compete with Dan's renown.

Then again, it really does seem like the stars are aligning here... I wouldn't be too surprised if some Taco Bell PR guy knows of Dan and his Taco Bell love and found out he was getting married, too. Then, in a meeting about how to capitalize on the free advertisement they get from internet vloggers, he pitched the idea for this competition.

BearPawB

Banned
Man, i thought the gamergate language stuff was dying down in the gaming community.
But this pewdiepie stuff has brought them all out of the woodwork.

Anytime anyone says "outrage culture" i mute them. And it is very freeing..

I mean, you can argue about the semantics of "celebrity," but there's a 10 page thread about the guy. It's undeniable that he has more pull than just your average person off the street.

And yeah, Dan is definitely genuine in his passion for Taco Bell. It's very well documented. I'm sure he really does want to win this competition. But I'm sure there's a number of people just as passionate for Taco Bell, if not more passionate, who don't stand a chance because they can't compete with Dan's renown.

Then again, it really does seem like the stars are aligning here... I wouldn't be too surprised if some Taco Bell PR guy knows of Dan and his Taco Bell love and found out he was getting married, too. Then, in a meeting about how to capitalize on the free advertisement they get from internet vloggers, he pitched the idea for this competition.

10 page thread...on a videogame website.
It isn't like TMZ is going "wow! Look at what Dan Ryckert is doing"

One viral facebook post from a passionate "random dude" could do just as well

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

This is the weirdest thing to get upset about

How do you guys know the Drew gif has become a mainstream meme? For all I know, those Twitter people who use the gif might as well be some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom