• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvothe

Man, i thought the gamergate language stuff was dying down in the gaming community.
But this pewdiepie stuff has brought them all out of the woodwork.

Anytime anyone says "outrage culture" i mute them. And it is very freeing..

10 page thread...on a videogame website.
It isn't like TMZ is going "wow! Look at what Dan Ryckert is doing"

One viral facebook post from a passionate "random dude" could do just as well

Using TMZ coverage as a barometer for popularity is pretty outdated. Searching their site for "pewdiepie" only brings up three results, two of which are from 2015. That dude has 50,000,000+ subscribers and likely reaches more people than many of the other celebrities they cover.

But again, let's not argue the semantics of "celebrity." Dan has more pull than your average person. That's just a fact. Yeah, a random guy could do just as well with, as you said, the added factor that he goes viral (aka gets randomly really lucky).
Fantastapotamus said:
This is the weirdest thing to get upset about

Okay.

Mr. F

Banned
No concrete plans yet

2IuVuvS.gif

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Thanks. I'm going to assume it's one of those San Fransisco buildings sinking into the ground things to strengthen my belief all buildings there are sinking into the ground. Like in my Evangelion anime.

some of us live in this sinking city.

Speaking of sinking grounds, sinkholes are fucking crazy.

My hometown was a gold rush mining town in Northern California. You may have seen the Oroville Dam problems that stemmed from the torrential rain, but another problem was a bunch of sinkholes appearing because the town is built on mine shafts.

popo

Thanks. I'm going to assume it's one of those San Fransisco buildings sinking into the ground things to strengthen my belief all buildings there are sinking into the ground. Like in my Evangelion anime.

Pretty much.

Actually it had nothing to do with sinking. Large buildings are often made by installing a large central crane and winching the prefabbed concrete floors and walls in to place. In this case one of the struts supporting the base of the crane failed and the whole thing tilted.

The pictures looked dramatic with the whole thing leaning to the side but that it the crane platform that is tilted - not the top of the building.

The evacuation was a precaution but building inspectors now accept that fail safes kicked in and it was never in any real danger of falling.

Tubobutts

We heard early on that the SP will be throwaway. I don't know which outlet wrote that in a preview. Might have been RPS. It seems like the low bar effort I expected for this game.
Early on they were saying that it would have a fully featured single player campaign, but yeah once it reached the preview stage and it became clear that wasn't the case I lost interest.

ev0

But what does slab even do all day.

I played the For Honor beta, it was fun but I am just awful at it. Plus no "real" campaign means it might be skip or sale for me

The first beta made me really cold on For Honor. Apparently it will have Steam Controller api support, so I'll probably pick it up eventually. I just have so little interest in playing online.

JJDubz

They'll obviously put a spotlight on 'white man blinking gif' during Meme Mondays with special guest correspondent Austin Walker.

I'm in a Demo Derby wormhole and I'm on a Playstation Underground DD and they're not realizing the codes are for the PAST issue and I'm losing it and cringing at the same time lmao.

Edit: Oh wow they just realized lmao.

Scruffy surfer Drew was the real early Drew. Professional Drew was middle-era. Then there was Vietnam Jungle Drew, and finally we've settled for a happy medium between those two.

oti

Banned
Man For Honour looks like it has that trademark Ubisoft blandness

Eh, maybe. But it offers something unique to the console space and with this kind of polish. So that's something new. Anything different from yet another open world action game is good news to me at this point.

Hjod

Banned
Man For Honour looks like it has that trademark Ubisoft blandness

I agree that it looks like that, but it plays lile something new, and the mp is fun as hell, I like that they dared try something new instead of Far Cry 5 or Asscreed 95.

But of course, the game is fun to me, not everyone will like it :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom