• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

oh fuck I just got to the music part of the Boohbah zone and I am INTO THISSssssss

edit: that was meant to be an edit Im sorry

kvk1

For some reason I ended up buying Sims 4. Was adding some people to my town and noticed someone had made the duders. I downloaded them and edited them a bit but still haven't gotten them exactly right.

Anyway, I decided their house should at least be inspired by their office so I came up with this.

6AStTS8.png

It's not exact because... well, it can't be and plus they need to live here. Oh well, I kind of dig it. I took some creative liberties, of course. Also, this game isn't too shabby for a base game. I miss a lot from the old Sims but I'm really enjoying this.

haha this is brilliant

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
just a description of what took place

this google translate was funny though

The exhibition PAX Prime showed a parody of the poster Gamebomb.ru
September 5, 2014 at 13:05

The foreign press has decided to pay tribute to the exhibition site Gamebomb.ru PAX Prime. At a meeting with gamers organized the whole presentation with the announcement of the purchase staged Publishing Giantbomb.com communist organization under the leadership of Tvistovskogo Drinkova impersonating's Gamebomb.ru.

The Communists took the stage in a cap with earflaps with an asterisk under the Soviet anthem and shouting "Yes!" To inform the public about the impending purchase of Russian organization portal Giantbomb.com. Performance took place in a big way, including waving flags of the USSR and logos similar to logos Gamebomb.ru, as well as many jokes about creating a console Station Box 1 million, about vodka and stereotyped views on the Russian.

The culmination of the presentation was the appearance on the stage of a bear, who uttered a few unintelligible words from the scene, scattered T-shirts with logos Gamebomb.ru and even hit on the head with "Russian journalist from IGN Russia», trying to say a few words.

PS. When copying news on other sites, do not cut references to our site from the text, please place an active link :) Respect the hard work of others and do not be cattle. Thank you!

The Communists took the stage in a cap with earflaps with an asterisk under the Soviet anthem and shouting "Yes!" To inform the public about the impending purchase of Russian organization portal Giantbomb.com.

Alright then

Quentyn

That made me laugh.

Why they came on stage sober? Where a fight with Russian bear and a sign of reconciliation, they should drink vodka were. Where Cosplay by Matryoshka?
3 \ 10 for the parody ...

Will M

How the hell does Gamebomb have over 400K subscribers on YT? Also, Gamebomb defaults to the dark theme on their website... Gamebomb is alright.

Myggen

How the hell does Gamebomb have over 400K subscribers on YT? Also, Gamebomb defaults to the dark theme on their website... Gamebomb is alright.

There's many Russians and not that many big Russian gaming websites/YT channels. I've clicked on a couple of their videos and it's just people literally screaming into mics as they play games. So, a pretty normal YT gaming channel in other words.

Will M

There's many Russians and not that many big Russian gaming websites/YT channels. I've clicked on a couple of their videos and it's just people literally screaming into mics as they play games. So, a pretty normal YT gaming channel in other words.

I noticed a lot half-naked women (either real or from games) in their thumbnails but I dare not enter to find out what the hell the video was about. I'm sure they rope a bunch of suckers with stuff like that.

Volotaire

Drew nearly did it first time like the other bosses. He's getting better, but the long periods of time where they go off the game doesn't help consolidate Drew's memory of the controls. Also, I remember there was a cycle with the objects being thrown, and that you could doge them since they followed a weird pattern. I can't remember the invisible box.

Myggen

The exhibition PAX Prime showed a parody of the poster Gamebomb.ru
September 5, 2014 at 13:05

The foreign press has decided to pay tribute to the exhibition site Gamebomb.ru PAX Prime. At a meeting with gamers organized the whole presentation with the announcement of the purchase staged Publishing Giantbomb.com communist organization under the leadership of Tvistovskogo Drinkova impersonating's Gamebomb.ru.

The Communists took the stage in a cap with earflaps with an asterisk under the Soviet anthem and shouting "Yes!" To inform the public about the impending purchase of Russian organization portal Giantbomb.com. Performance took place in a big way, including waving flags of the USSR and logos similar to logos Gamebomb.ru, as well as many jokes about creating a console Station Box 1 million, about vodka and stereotyped views on the Russian.

The culmination of the presentation was the appearance on the stage of a bear, who uttered a few unintelligible words from the scene, scattered T-shirts with logos Gamebomb.ru and even hit on the head with "Russian journalist from IGN Russia», trying to say a few words.

PS. When copying news on other sites, do not cut references to our site from the text, please place an active link :) Respect the hard work of others and do not be cattle. Thank you!

From one guy over at the GB forum who speaks Russian:

Translation is passable. Those hats are not "caps with earflaps with an asterisk" though, they're called "ushankas with a (small red) star". Also, Russians use the word "portal" a lot to mean site or domain (or whatever they think it means).

The comments are kind of hilarious, the staff are actually being jeered by the Russians for not going far enough. One guy is saying "where's the cosplay with the matroshka doll?" with another dude saying "yeah, the bear doesn't even have a balalaika". There's some anti-americanisms thrown in, and you're being called stupid in some places, but it's mostly in jest. So basically the same as giantbomb.

Jothel

Drew nearly did it first time like the other bosses. He's getting better, but the long periods of time where they go off the game doesn't help consolidate Drew's memory of the controls. Also, I remember there was a cycle with the objects being thrown, and that you could doge them since they followed a weird pattern. I can't remember the invisible box.

Saw this before you edited, I would be pretty up for calling Drew "Dre"... and I don't know why

Myggen

Also from the GB forums, apparently the Gamebomb.ru folks follow GB in at least some way, they posted this after Ryan passed away (it's a YT comment by the official YT channel):

tumblr_n1wafhEkQs1s07ds4o1_1280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom