• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
Gangbeasts needs some mechanics to discourage turtling/running away/climbing to the top of something and staying there.

and man...I really wanted Lichdom: Battlemage to be good...

If you need to do this, your OCD has reached unhealthy levels. Just ignore the sides...

Nope, doesn't actually bother me. I just know that if those super wide TVs become mainstream the GP would start complaining that 16:9 content has black bars down the side, similar to how people are angry that movies that have, say, a 2:35.1 aspect ratio still have black bars on 16:9 screen. Although these new 21:9 TVs mitigate do that "problem" by either having apps show up on either side of the screen or have (say if you're watching ESPN) the logo of the channel you're watching.

Zaph

Gangbeasts needs some mechanics to discourage turtling/running away/climbing to the top of something and staying there.

Yeah. I'd like to see them test a reversal of Stamina - so like a warrior's rage in WoW. The more successful hits and grapples you land, the stronger you get. Stay out of the action for too long, and another player will crush you.

From one guy over at the GB forum who speaks Russian:

Sounds pretty much like GAF too:

This is so stupid!
This isn't stupid enough!
Dan's such a dumb American...

Listening to the GiantBomb Pax Panel, I am more confused about Firewatch. What the hell is that game? Is it just Myst but in Wyoming? They said Unity Engine but I thought they were using Crysis. They didn't even talk controls or interactions or linear narrow path.

Edit: you follow teenagers and interact with a boombox?

BearPawB

Banned
Listening to the GiantBomb Pax Panel, I am more confused about Firewatch. What the hell is that game? Is it just Myst but in Wyoming? They said Unity Engine but I thought they were using Crysis. They didn't even talk controls or interactions or linear narrow path.

Edit: you follow teenagers and interact with a boombox?

I don't think it is complex as they were making it sound.

It is "Gone Home" in the woods, with more character/environment interaction.
Seems to be about exploration and story telling more than anything else.

After Danny's Half Life stream I have decided to finally play Half Life 1 and its pretty good if kind of ugly.

I kind of want to download one of the higher res texture packs but I do also want the "pure" experience. I have heard you can mod PS2 textures into it that are technically better but I think I will leave it.

Also cant remember the last time I played a PC FPS that wasnt TF2. Maybe Bioshock 1?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now this is a cover
kwsEkKD.jpg

After Danny's Half Life stream I have decided to finally play Half Life 1 and its pretty good if kind of ugly.

I kind of want to download one of the higher res texture packs but I do also want the "pure" experience. I have heard you can mod PS2 textures into it that are technically better but I think I will leave it.

Also cant remember the last time I played a PC FPS that wasnt TF2. Maybe Bioshock 1?

Just play the Source verson.

Already a hour in so I am not switching to the Source version.

Oh and I am a bit surprised at how many sound effects that they just copied over to HL2.

So we don't consider Metal Gear Scanlon an endurance run?

ERs are a M-F thing whereas this premium stuff is once or twice a week. So, it's very similar but it's not an ER.

Just play the Black Mesa Source mod. Xen is terrible and black mesa has update HL1 to a more modern game.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm normaly not a big fan of facecams in videos or streams but I have to say that seeing Dan's face when he knows that something funny or weird is about to happen is amazing lol.

Edit: Hey, Nastacha talking about binding spoon in 98... nice

Megasoum

Banned
I really want to re-play MGS2 but

1-I might want to just wait for Drew to play through it even if this could take months

2-I don't have the HD version... I wonder if maybe the Playstation Now route might be a viable option...hmmm

Tucah

you speak so well
Drew getting increasingly more frustrated with MGS makes me think that there's no way he gets through the entire series.

Renpatsu

Drew getting increasingly more frustrated with MGS makes me think that there's no way he gets through the entire series.
That frustration you're seeing is Drew's physical resistance to Metal Gear's idiosyncrasies slowly eroding away until all he can feel is true and unbridled affection for the series.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeh, it's a possibility. Which is a shame, since the control scheme starts dramatically improving in the next games.

I think he will at least give MGS 2 a try, maybe not on camera. Hopefully he likes it, I'd love to see him react to all the of MGS's stupid nonsense

popo

Reading those comments, the gamebomb fans seem pretty cool. The dodgy translation makes it even better.

Bartimius 8:00 ago

Of course, I understand that the MB is just paranoia, but ... I have a feeling that the bear was not real.

Locner 7:00 ago

People may not be true but bear 100% natural

DocOck 7:00 ago

Army rebelled, saying the bear is not real !!

A message from the seller of:

RU GAMƎ BOMB!?

Hello Komrade XXX hailing from the XXX Land! I have decided for the sake of getting while the getting is good to end this campaign…. NOW! Actually, a while ago! Congratulations! You now (in 10 to 15 days) probably own a bootleg GAMEBOMB shirt! The only way this shit could have been more funky is if you downloaded it from a torrent site! To be honest, I expected to need two weeks to sell through the 50 shirts set as the goal. Once again, I have underestimated the internet’s appetite for stupid jokes =D Thank you all for your support! I love you all!

Fobwashed

PS. I have heard that shipping to countries outside of the US was astonishingly expensive. I’m sorry! >,<

Seller Name: Steve (Fobwashed) Kim
Seller Email: XXX@XXX.com

Yay!

Thanks. I said screw it, and went ahead and ordered the 2014 Member shirt. Thankfully I was able to ship to states and don't have to spend the money to ship here to Canada.

Huh!? There's a 2014 member shirt!? Where!?

!?!?

as in, you will straight up need to noclip your way through some sections where the physics break a climbing or jumping puzzle

I actually got into a bug during the intro where the train got half stuck in gate and I had to restart the game.

Also I am running it at such a high resolution the the aim reticle is basically invisible to me. Might run at a lower res or turn on auto aim.

I actually got into a bug during the intro where the train got half stuck in gate and I had to restart the game.

Also I am running it at such a high resolution the the aim reticle is basically invisible to me. Might run at a lower res or turn on auto aim.
just mod the crosshair bigger

Myggen

Great week for GB content. UPF was mediocre, but the CD-i stream more than made up for that. Wonder if they'll record something today, correct me if I'm wrong, but we still don't know who's in office today?

Xater

Great week for GB content. UPF was mediocre, but the CD-i stream more than made up for that. Wonder if they'll record something today, correct me if I'm wrong, but we still don't know who's in office today?

Someone mentioned Jeff being gone due to some Destiny thing. I'd love it if they did some dumb stream of basically anything. Hell I'd be up to watching Brad playing DOTA again. Basically what I want to say is that I am really bored right now and Destiny can't come soon enough....

Someone mentioned Jeff being gone due to some Destiny thing. I'd love it if they did some dumb stream of basically anything. Hell I'd be up to watching Brad playing DOTA again. Basically what I want to say is that I am really bored right now and Destiny can't come soon enough....

Me too. I am almost finished Velocity 2X i have Tales of Xillia 2 and Danganronpa 2 unopened but Destiny is soon..

Rapstah

At the PAX Prime show, they showed a parody of the site Gamebomb.ru

Overseas press decided to give a tribute to the site Gamebomb.ru at the PAX Prime show. At the meeting with gamers, there was an introduction of the hoax announcement of a purchase of Giantbomb.com from a communist organisation under the leadership of Tvistskij Drinkov, impersonating the site Gamebomb.ru.

The communists came out onto the stage in ushanka hats, wearing the the star during the Soviet national anthem, and shouted "yes!", in order to report to the public about the Russian organization's imminent purchase of Giantbomb.com. The introduction was spectacular, including the waving of flags with the Soviet symbol and logotypes similar to that of Gamebomb.ru, as well as several jokes about the creation of the Stalin Box 1 million, about vodka, and about stereotypical views on Russians.

The culmination of the event was the appearance on the scene of a bear, which said some words impossible to make out from the stage, and threw out T-shirts with the Gamebomb.ru logo, and even hit a "journalist from IGN Russia" on the head, trying to say something.

PS; when copying news to other sites, don't cut out references to our site from the text, please actively link us :) Respect the hard work of others and don't be cattle. Thanks!

popo

#103 Posted by Fobwashed (2038 posts) - 19 minutes, 46 seconds ago
And now the site has relaunched the campaign. I have lost control. The campaign is sentient.

Ah, I have that one already. I tend to think of the member shirts as the "classic" style ones. Derp!

Well it does say "official member" and "2014".

I like how some random dude launches a joke shirt with no effort but the might of CBS takes 6 months to put up a Buzzkill design.

Frenden

Banned
I'm glad Dan and Drew were equally as confounded by Lichdom: Battlemage's crafting. I wanted to like the game, but every time I had to level up a skill I had no idea what I was doing. Do not recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom