• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
The quicklook/features intro is an institution at this point. There'll be riots in the street and hashtag activism if they change it. With respect to the guy who made that polygonal one, I think it's too much.

The tongue immediately disqualifies it.

(I appreciate the effort, though! I wouldn't be opposed to a new QL intro.)

Myggen

Turn based games like XCOM can be great. In fact some websites even gave it GotY 2012.

Dan is also a big fan of Final Fantasy: Tactics and Fire Emblem.

edit: I see that they've turned off the comments for the latest Bombin' on YT. Good on 'em, the YT comments on any Patrick content are awful and would be so for this episode especially. Fucking trolls, it's good that these guys have by and large been purged from the GB forum.

Volotaire

edit: I see that they've turned off the comments for the latest Bombin' on YT. Good on 'em, the YT comments on any Patrick content are awful and would be so for this episode especially. Fucking trolls, it's good that these guys have by and large been purged from the GB forum.

Fire Emblem is one of my favourite series. It's a shame there is no word on the Wii U SMT version (although I've never played SMT).

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The tongue immediately disqualifies it.

(I appreciate the effort, though! I wouldn't be opposed to a new QL intro.)

Exactly; I mean, giant bomb co-inceptor and bomby creator dave snider confirmed it as a mouth so case closed on that one :p

I assume vinny designed the intros way back when. I would be interested to see what he would do with a redesign.

Defunkled

Just finished the latest Demo Derby and Jeff needs to school these fools on the greatness of Ridge Racer Type 4. Seriously one of the best racing games of all time.

Metal Gear Scanlon is my favorite feature in a while, but man can it be frustrating to watch sometimes. Drew running around failing to hit Mantis, and then refusing to change his strategy even after inadvertently doing it correctly was hilarious. Got him in the end though! I really hope they at least move on to MGS2.

Nephrahim

The difference between an RPG and a strategy game has always been a thin one. D&D evolved from board wargames.

FE is definitely both a JRPG and a strategy game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
FE, Disgaea, Valkyria Chronicles, etc, are all strategy role playing games made in Japan.
What are we talking about again?

Aaron

Metal Gear Scanlon is my favorite feature in a while, but man can it be frustrating to watch sometimes. Drew running around failing to hit Mantis, and then refusing to change his strategy even after inadvertently doing it correctly was hilarious. Got him in the end though! I really hope they at least move on to MGS2.
He needs to behold the glory that is Fatman.

strafer

y5ptMsd.gif

What's that awesome shirt he's wearing?

popo

I think I might be nearly caught up with this weeks videos. That gamebomb bit was really good, if a little long.

Quick Qs.

Who played Twistoffski Drinkoff (the dude that came out first and introduced everyone)?

Who was the red haired woman?

Who was Aleski Rovarro (black beard, lead Lang around in his bear suit)?

Who was the IGN guy?

Many thank Comrades!

Myggen

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/mens-skate-graphic-tee/AMI09?cid=D86423&breadcrumb=1z13071Z1z11zrfZu2Z1z124qo

I think I might be nearly caught up with this weeks videos. That gamebomb bit was really good, if a little long.

Quick Qs.

Who played Twistoffski Drinkoff (the dude that came out first and introduced everyone)?

Who was the IGN guy?

Many thank Comrades!

Gio Corsi played the dude who introduced them.

Andrea Rene.

Mitch Dyer was the IGN dude.

Don't remember who played Aleski Rovarro. Pat Baer maybe?

Quick Qs.

Who was the IGN guy?

Many thank Comrades!

Pat Baer, Mitch Dyer and Andrea Rene are at least 3 of those.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
#REALTALK

Based on current output, the Gamespot guys seem like a more fun bunch than the Giant Bomb guys

74y77ex.jpg

GB has turned into what they hate. They are too professional!

Who from Gamespot sent you? It was Danny right? I always knew he was a snake in an Irish mans clothing!

It's definitely an Adidas shirt.

daydream

Banned
Sentris looks way better now. I'm definitely gonna give it a shot soon.

Hope Samantha makes a rhythm game after wrapping up Sentris.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Is the latest bombin in the am just an hour of preaching/ranting to/at people who had nothing to do with the harassment? Please say so, so I can skip it. Its just so cringeworthy when he goes on his diatribes.

Myggen

Is the latest bombin in the am just an hour of preaching/ranting to/at people who had nothing to do with the harassment? Please say so, so I can skip it. Its just so cringeworthy when he goes on his diatribes.

That's the most loaded question I've ever seen, but okay. First 15 or so minutes are them talking about it, focussing on the harassment. I can see that we probably disagree on the issue by a lot so I'll leave it at that. You were probably not gonna watch it regardless given the tone of that question. For the record, I wouldn't say that Patrick has gone on many "diatribes" about this at all, and he surely hasn't directed any anger at anyone who didn't deserve it.

LuchaShaq

Banned
That's the most loaded question I've ever seen, but okay. First 15 or so minutes are them talking about it, focussing on the harassment. I can see that we probably disagree on the issue by a lot so I'll leave it at that. You were probably not gonna watch it regardless given the tone of that question. For the record, I wouldn't say that Patrick has gone on many "diatribes" about this at all.

No I always listen to the morning podcast but at this point I'm not interested in hearing about how harassment sucks for the 10th time with the same points and attitude. You might as well be telling me the state capitals or that global warming is manmade and sucks, yeah great I know I've heard multiple times, unless something drastically changes (it hasn't harassment still sucks!) I dont care to hear the holier than thou attitude about it.

At this point when he goes on about it he sounds like a highschool principle pissed off at an assembly because 3 out of your class of 500 did something shitty.

That's the most loaded question I've ever seen, but okay. First 15 or so minutes are them talking about it, focussing on the harassment. I can see that we probably disagree on the issue by a lot so I'll leave it at that. You were probably not gonna watch it regardless given the tone of that question. For the record, I wouldn't say that Patrick has gone on many "diatribes" about this at all, and he surely hasn't directed any anger at anyone who didn't deserve it.
For someone talking about loaded questions, you sure are making a ton of assumptions about the person you are replying to.

Venfayth

Did Dan or someone else on a bombcast in the last few months talk about the X68k? Maybe someone who was obsessed with Strider?

I have this really vague recollection and want to relisten to whatever that conversation was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom