• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #9 | More Dan Meets The Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
#REALTALK

Based on current output, the Gamespot guys seem like a more fun bunch than the Giant Bomb guys

74y77ex.jpg

GB has turned into what they hate. They are too professional!

Myggen

#REALTALK

Based on current output, the Gamespot guys seem like a more fun bunch than the Giant Bomb guys

74y77ex.jpg

GB has turned into what they hate. They are too professional!

I know that I've been enjoying Aim Down the Sights, their brilliant feature series on Call of Duty in partnership with Activision.

I want to buy Call of Duty.

Call of Duty.

Myggen

Playing MGS in short spurts with long breaks in between isn't a great way to get a handle on the antiquated controls.

They seem to be going for about 2 episodes a week, this last episode was an outlier due to PAX and Drew having to edit the panel etc. I think 2 episodes a week is a good number.

They seem to be going for about 2 episodes a week, this last episode was an outlier due to PAX and Drew having to edit the panel etc. I think 2 episodes a week is a good number.

For a video feature, I'm more than satisfied with the output but for Drew's ability to get a feel for the controls, an hour or so every 2 or 3 days isn't going to help with the muscle memory.

roytheone

Man, the way that Drew plays MGS is exactly the same as me. Running around without a clear goal, constantly struggling with the controls, getting frustrated as hell at the boss fights, playing purely on the radar but still getting caught all the time. Only I didn't had a Dan next to me to keep me going, so I quit after 5 hours or so. It just wasn't for me.

Xater

Man, the way that Drew plays MGS is exactly the same as me. Running around without a clear goal, constantly struggling with the controls, getting frustrated as hell at the boss fights, playing purely on the radar but still getting caught all the time. Only I didn't had a Dan next to me to keep me going, so I quit after 5 hours or so. It just wasn't for me.

It's ok to be bad at video games.

roytheone

It's ok to be bad at video games.

I tried playing the game when I was in a "let's try genres that are out of my comfort zone" phase. The results were.... Mixed. You should have seen my attempt to try and play a fighting game. I was stuck in the goddamn tutorial of mortal kombat 9 for an hour or so :)

IaN_GAF

Man, I feel like a total douche... I asked about Viva Pinata a bit ago in this thread and a couple of you fellow-GAFfers were helpful enough to point me towards sales and all, and I didn't even respond... My apologies, thanks if you replied! I got called away and had to leave for a couple of days, thanks for the pointers!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21YkHIZd1l8#t=91s

The Planet
We make it
Our destination is to whirl
Where would you live
For a million years?
That even long!
We travel
We battle
Making our way to-wards the Earth
Across the sky
We're looking for we burn!
We call them Incas, kings and knights.
ah-ah-aa
We're lost, where we're going we don't know-ohh!
We keep them flying, into the night
ah-ah-aa
Inca people, looking for a place to gooooooooo

A journey, through the Milky Way
Using our own technolog-eeeeeee
Fly to-wards eternity
Into the space!
Skywriters, feet soldiers, a leather fence is what we're looking forrrrr
Disparity, and harmony, is what we need for sure!
ah-ah-aa
ah-ah-aa
Inca people, looking for a place to go
ah-ah-aa
ah-ah-aa
Inca people, looking for a place to gooooooooo

xanavi

Man, that was tough watching Drew struggle with mantis. I feel bad for him because he would have absolutely no trouble with these bosses if he ran with his socom out. I think if he just saw someone do it he'd get it instantly.

Volotaire

I like the transition of the bomb from Giatnbomb to Quicklook, and I slightly like the 3D effect, but something seems off about it. Perhaps its the background or shine on the logo.

Also a proud member of #teamtounge

popo

I mean, it is a bomb with a face. So I guess it can be whatever you want it to be.

Who else thinks Vinny and Dan would've been the best of friends had Vinny not moved East?

Well sure, because Vinny seems to get on with everyone. Not sure they would have been a successful QL pairing though - you kinda need a straight man.

I think it's more:

We planned it
We'll make it
Our destination is the world
Where we could live for a million years
And even mooore!
We travelled
We battled
Making oouur way to-wards the eeeaaarrthh
Across the sky
Looking for reverse!
We are the Incas, kings and knights
ah-ah-aa
We're lost, where we go we don't knooowww
We keep on flying into the night
ah-ah-aa
Inca people, lookin' for a place to gooooo

Pan flute solo

A journey
Through the Milky Way
Using ouurr own technologeeeeee
Fly to-wards eternity
Into the space!
Skyriders, feet soldiers, hilarity is what we're looking forrrrr
Disparity and harmony
Is what we need for sure!
ah-ah-aa
ah-ah-aa
[x2]

More pan flute

ah-ah-aa
ah-ah-aa
[x2]

Edit - I love that this is the second interpretation of the lyrics from a theme song to a crazy obscure CD-I game. Nowhere else.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I tried playing the game when I was in a "let's try genres that are out of my comfort zone" phase. The results were.... Mixed. You should have seen my attempt to try and play a fighting game. I was stuck in the goddamn tutorial of mortal kombat 9 for an hour or so :)
Yeah, every year I watch EVO, get excited about seeing all the amazing tactics and mind games of fighting games, pick up a fighting game off the hype, and fail to press the buttons fast enough to get past the basic combo tutorial.

It sucks to suck at games.

Khezu

After watching the newest demo derby.
I want a ER style video series of Dan playing the longest most bland JRPG he can find.

Legend of Dragoon would be a good one.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The quicklook/features intro is an institution at this point. There'll be riots in the street and hashtag activism if they change it. With respect to the guy who made that polygonal one, I think it's too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom