• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant spider traps terrified family inside their home

RRockman

Banned
spider.jpg

nope.

Mood music

TheKeyPit

Banned
Huntsman Spiders aren't usually ever aggressive, that being said they can bite, my brother found that out the hard way when one smaller one dropped from the ceiling on to him while he was in bed and bit him on the leg, he said it felt like a wasp sting. They aren't venomous so they're not much of a worry they just creep you out.

Also one time when I was a teen staying at my Grandma's with my Uncle & Aunty they woke up one morning and went to get my cousin out of the cot (toddler at the time) and after picking up my cousin they saw a Huntsman slightly smaller than the one in the OP laying on the mattress, My cousin was fine with no bites and the spider was apparently pretty chill but it had been sleeping underneath my cousin for probably at least half the night.
Holy moly.

Busty

Banned
This has happened to me in the past.

However as a fully paid up member of GAF Gold I simply alerted a Mod to my situation and they sent someone over in a wood panelled station wagon to deal with the issue.

Thanks GAF Gold.

I'm not scared of spiders but damn one that size would make me pause before risking my life trying to kill it.

Their cat is probably pissed though.

"Oh shit gets crazy and the ya'll try to sacrifice me? Thanks for nothing."

Sadly such spiders don't exist in Central Europe :/ What a boring place to live.
Also I'd gladly take a colony of those cute little fellows over a single mosquito every day.
Can you have them as pets?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I wish I saw one of these when I was in Australia last year, I only saw one spider during my time there and it was smaller than the ones we have up here in Canada :(

Jkmetal

Banned
Would an airhorn be enough to scare it away? I'd bring out the metal baseball bat but only as a last resort. Clean up would be messy.

Bluenoser

I asked my wife where she would want to go if we could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object. She said Australia. Shit like this OP was my immediate thought. Needless to say, the divorce papers have been filed.

Not really, but seriously fuck that goddamn death island.

Apoc29

We are alive today because our pussy ancestors ran the fuck away from these things while their foolhardy companions stood their ground and got eaten alive.

When you live near brown snakes, tiger snakes, red belly black snakes and red back spiders the huntsman is harmless lol.

Edit: and that's just near where I live. Poor bastards near Sydney with the funnel Web :|

But yeah you actually rarely come across these things fortunately.

I live in Queensland and there's plenty of funnel webs up here lmao, I've never seen a huntsman this size but definitely ones close to it. I'd be more worried about redbacks though, because they're small and common as fuck.

Growing up on acreage meant removing snakes (amongst other wildlife) from the property almost monthly. Fuck spiders because they're dangerous and creepy, but double fuck snakes that aren't easy to deal with, which is basically anything that's not a green tree snake or python.

Its not the spiders that kills you, its the slow internet.

The gifs in this thread will load one day. One day.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Bitten by a fly? Wtf kind of flies do you have in your country?

Man I love living in the UK, scariest things we have are the lower classes, and they can be easily avoided or distracted with massive sofas and sportswear.

Those big horseflies will bite you. And I believe they are in the UK.

Top Bottom