• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 Rage Burst releasing on 30/8/2016 (PS4, PSV, Steam)

MQX

Physical version for PS4 and Vita in Europe? Tokyo Ghoul, Tales of Zesteria and SAO pre-order costumes?

giphy.gif

Thank you Bandai Namco(EU). Thank you ;_;.

But I'm disappointed with the release date. I mean. Why not releasing in June/July so I can play this game on my summer vacation :X

Why even bother selling it on June 28? Is it just a perk to get people to pre-order it?

They're basically just giving you 2 months to run through it before GE2 comes out. You still get it for free if you preorder GE2, they just want to go ahead and throw the already finished game out to people while you wait for the 2nd.

Never got around to playing the PSP version of the first one after getting it on sale. I think that's a sign to go for the Steam versions.

Spacing out the two games but giving both for the price of one is a great move. That said, do we know the price yet?

Ok, so I'm getting some better clarification now. My last question is....in the US, is God Eater 2 only digital for Vita? No retail, physical version for Vita?

This has got to be one of the most confusing release announcements ever.

EDIT: So it's digital only for Vita.....dammit! I'm done buying expensive memory cards for Sony. I may just have to take this game off my list, unfortunately, or by the imported Asian release.

Physical Vita copy in Europe? Damn I might get this. I wish I could get the first one earlier so I can play through that first, but I don't see a point if I'm getting it free with 2. I'll probably play through the first before I start the 2nd. Damn this is pretty good.

Is there any demo I can play to see if this is actually any good?

Saphirax

Physical Vita copy in Europe? Damn I might get this. I wish I could get the first one earlier so I can play through that first, but I don't see a point if I'm getting it free with 2. I'll probably play through the first before I start the 2nd. Damn this is pretty good.

Is there any demo I can play to see if this is actually any good?

There's a demo on the Japanese store for GE:R.

Yasumi

Banned
Hopefully we can at least preorder the digital Vita version. I'd be able to get through Resurrection before Rage Burst comes out, both at the same time would be too much.

With GE2. It sounds like it's basically a 2-for-1 special on the PC, whereas GE:R is basically a pre-order bonus on the Sony platforms.

Nah, it's 2 for 1 for all platforms. GE:R gets released earlier on Sony platforms in USA. But in Europe, both GE:R and GE2 gets released on August 30th on all platforms..

Tygamr

Ugh... Physical in Europe but not in the US? Bleghh. As much as I want this on Vita, might just get it on Steam instead if that's the case... Managing memory card space is a fucking pain.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm confused, is Resurrection Digital in Europe and Digital in US when you buy Rage Burst 2 or both on Disc in Europe and Digital bonus in US?
the OP makes it sound like they handled different.
Edit. I referring to the PS4 version btw.

Ridley327

Nah, it's 2 for 1 for all platforms. GE:R gets released earlier on Sony platforms in USA. But in Europe, both GE:R and GE2 gets released on August 30th on all platforms..

Oh, OK. That does make it weirder for the port to be bundled together on release day, since the overwhelming opinion is that there's very little reason to bother with the remake otherwise. I'm sure it's a matter of the port not being ready in time for June 28, but still.

TheRook

Will buy the PS4 version first and most likely double dip to the Vita version later.

I'm really hyped for these games.

My Nana figure came today...shes really cute.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Will buy the PS4 version first and most likely double dip to the Vita version later.

I'm really hyped for these games.

My Nana figure came today...shes really cute.
I have Alisa.....its nice :)

TheRook

I have Alisa.....its nice :)

I only have her S.H. Figurarts, I'm waiting for Good Smile to release their Alisa from the animation. Sakuya and Livie are on Pre-order too.

God Eater has been a favorite of mine since we got D3's shitty release of GODS EATER BURST on PSP a while back. I really dislike D3 with a passion....they didn't even bother keeping White Knight Chronicles 2's servers up for that long...bastards...and essentially gave up on localizing God Eaters DLC since they apparently couldn't secure the rights...that doesn't make sense for the aragami DLC but whatever...*venting*

okay so i think i will preorder on PSN so i can get GE:R in June.

the only problem i foresee though, is in the US it seems like Sony doesn't put preorders for stuff on the store until like a month from release. so they're likely going to suddenly put the preorder for GE2:RB up on June 28, and you can download GE:R immediately.

so i guess not really a problem, because you're technically preordering GE2:RB, not GE:R.

Wonko_C

I've looked elsewhere and the Japanese version seems to be crossplay between Vita and PS4. Is this feature coming to the western versions?

I have two friends with PS4, one with PSTV and I have a Vita and would love to play together.

I've looked elsewhere and the Japanese version seems to be crossplay between Vita and PS4. Is this feature coming to the western versions?

I have two friends with PS4, one with PSTV and I have a Vita and would love to play together.

Play with anyone, anywhere – Exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, God Eater 2: Rage Burst features both Cross Play and Cross Save functionality.

Also note that for save you probably will need the same region copy on both platforms. like I synced save between FFX EU Vita and FFX EU PS3 and PS4 all on my US account fine but FFX EU Vita wont sync with FFX US PS4 etc.

Koeta

do we know how much this is going to cost? for some reason I was expecting it to be $30 give or take $10, but starting to get a feeling it might try to be a full priced game since they are sticking the first one in with it.

Ridley327

How do these games compare to monster hunter 4 ultimate?

More of a story focus, as well as being more solo-friendly with being able to add NPCs in as party members. Gameplay is pretty different, with GE having a much more simple approach, focused on speed and agility, along with being able to switch between melee and ranged attacks at any time. In a sense, it's more mashy by its nature, but there's plenty of people that prefer something flashier and easy to learn. The setup is pretty much the same, though: pick a mission, go out with four characters, find monster, beat the crap out of its limbs and extremities, and pray to RNGesus to get the material you need for your next upgraded weapon.

As far as available content, I'm not sure you could combine GE and Toukiden together to equal what MH4U offers, but that's what a 10+ year run will allow for.

Checking out the trailer I couldn't figure out what kind of game this is? Is it like Sword Art Online or something? Or more like Dynasty Warriors?

Saphirax

Checking out the trailer I couldn't figure out what kind of game this is? Is it like Sword Art Online or something? Or more like Dynasty Warriors?

Neither.

Think Monster Hunter, Toukiden or Soul Sacrifice. Doesn't play exactly like those, but it's the best comparison.

Zareka

I heard the name God Eater come up a lot back when Freedom Wars was still being talked about it, is this anything like FW? I loved the thorn and monster grappling mechanics in that game. FW is the only hunting game I've been able to really get into. Monster Hunter, Toukiden etc haven't really done it for me. (Though I don't dislike them!)

Top Bottom