• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2 Rage Burst releasing on 30/8/2016 (PS4, PSV, Steam)

Ridley327

I heard the name God Eater come up a lot back when Freedom Wars was still being talked about it, is this anything like FW? I loved the thorn and monster grappling mechanics in that game. FW is the only hunting game I've been able to really get into. Monster Hunter, Toukiden etc haven't really done it for me. (Though I don't dislike them!)

Freedom Wars is from the same developers as GE, so you might find something to like right away. As I said, there's a lot more emphasis on speed and maneuverability in GE.

Zareka

Freedom Wars is from the same developers as GE, so you might find something to like right away. As I said, there's a lot more emphasis on speed and maneuverability in GE.
Oh seriously? That's awesome. This is definitely on my list to buy then. The speedy chaos of Freedom Wars was what I loved about it. Can't wait!

Thanks.

Whats the point of releasing Resurrection first if two months later 2 is coming out with Resurrection packed in?

Because Resurrection is also a digital preorder bonus when you preorder 2 on PSN/Steam. You get the game for free 2 months earlier than you would physical. I'd say giving you the first game to play while you wait on 2 is a pretty compelling argument for pushing digital preorders.

Because Resurrection is also a digital preorder bonus when you preorder 2 on PSN/Steam. You get the game for free 2 months earlier than you would physical. I'd say giving you the first game to play while you wait on 2 is a pretty compelling argument for pushing digital preorders.

Ok that makes more sense

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wait.... So they're essentially giving you a free copy of God Eater Resurrection if you get Rage Burst in August? But if you want to play Resurrection you have to buy it early in June? The fuck? Obviously this only applies for physical release.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As someone who has played mainly MH and Toukiden, how different is God Eater?

A lot faster paced. You will need to get used to the fact that you have a ranged weapon and learning how to use it is a good thing.

Combat is not as deep as MH or Toukiden which is MH-lite.

Still is a good game on its own accord. Just dont expect it to be Monster Hunter and you will be fine.

Old footage from GE2 but gameplay for the most part is still the same. Early footage also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEv7BnvntD8

Wow, free Resurrection?
I'm in!

A lot faster paced. You will need to get used to the fact that you have a ranged weapon and learning how to use it is a good thing.

Combat is not as deep as MH or Toukiden which is MH-lite.

Still is a good game on its own accord.

How is it compared to PSO2?
I owned a PSP but never get to playing God Eater.

Parakeetman

Wow, free Resurrection?
I'm in!

How is it compared to PSO2?
I owned a PSP but never get to playing God Eater.

Different as the game does not play on activated skills so to speak. Its more combo based, though there are some commands which can be done by pressing button combinations together.

Also the main unique feature of the game is how you can customize your bullets for your ranged form of your weapon creating all sorts of crazy effects and such. Along with break the game eventually.

Turn off your sound for vid below, but just some examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5lX4mbcSnc

Id say dont click on this if you dont like spoilers, but heres one "game breaking" bullet example lol. Though generally you wont be able to make this till way later in the game as the new bullet editing unlocks open up as you progress in the story.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0dxlehEAHw

And further potential spoilers / crazy bullet shit by the same person so click at your own risk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO4fYpSd2nY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNk94p1Jdoc

Bullet Editing will be a bit confusing at first though if you can get a hang of it you can make some pretty interesting stuff.

Resources are collected from dead aragami by eating the corpse with your weapon. Which is generally done by holding down one of the buttons or you can perform the move mid combo.

Same eating action is used to steal shot abilities from the various aragami while they are still alive. Those aragami bullets can be passed to teammates also if you are not much into the ranged play.

---

The game design for this is closer to hunting genre than the Phantasy Star Online series which is closer to Diablo in the sense that it is a loot game. Granted its gone far past that now with all of the changes made, but am talking very basic with the design here.

In God Eater its story bits, go out on missions kill stuff for resources make yourself stronger then progress in the story -> repeat the process.

Also unlike Monster Hunter this game has a proper story with characters. That will also show up with you on missions as AI partners, which can be given general commands. But the AI for the most part is fairly competent on its own and usually will not get into trouble unless it is totally overwhelmed.

While doing non-story runs you can drag along your favorite NPCs as AI partners also as long as they are available story wise.

Edgeward

Looking forward to pre-ordering this digitally then so I can start early with GE: R. Gonna cop that vita version since it has cross play and I prefer my hunting games there

Parakeetman

One thing would like to let all the "new" fans know is do not expect fancy maps / enviros as the game back when it was originally made content was also done with the PSP in mind and a lot of that has carried over.

While Rage Burst does have new stuff made with the Vita being the barrier with design it is content that will show up later in the game.

So if you are one who expects the title to like be some sort of showcase to wow you with graphical design you might want to check out now. As this title will not do that with the general level designs.

Though gameplay most def is solid for those who care about that over graphics.

Guymelef

One thing would like to let all the "new" fans know is do not expect fancy maps / enviros as the game back when it was originally made content was also done with the PSP in mind and a lot of that has carried over.

While Rage Burst does have new stuff made with the Vita being the barrier with design it is content that will show up later in the game.

So if you are one who expects the title to like be some sort of showcase to wow you with graphical design you might want to check out now. As this title will not do that with the general level designs.

Though gameplay most def is solid for those who care about that over graphics.

Do you think we'll be ok playing Resurrection first an then 2? Or maybe we'll miss some mechanics and so?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I only have her S.H. Figurarts, I'm waiting for Good Smile to release their Alisa from the animation. Sakuya and Livie are on Pre-order too.

God Eater has been a favorite of mine since we got D3's shitty release of GODS EATER BURST on PSP a while back. I really dislike D3 with a passion....they didn't even bother keeping White Knight Chronicles 2's servers up for that long...bastards...and essentially gave up on localizing God Eaters DLC since they apparently couldn't secure the rights...that doesn't make sense for the aragami DLC but whatever...*venting*
Mines an actual statue type, its by Alpha Max.
This one
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/29/god-eaters-alisa-slices-dices-gods-new-pvc-figure/

Parakeetman

Do you think we'll be ok playing Resurrection first an then 2? Or maybe we'll miss some mechanics and so?

Not really as Resurrection was updated with most of the modern features they have been adding to the game throughout its history.

...and essentially gave up on localizing God Eaters DLC since they apparently couldn't secure the rights...that doesn't make sense for the aragami DLC but whatever...*venting*

While it may not have been the case for the dlc one thing that can screw up rights holding is if extra designs were done by an outside source. Causing an extra layer to talks and adding cost.

Wonko_C

They haven't announced a price for this yet, right? I want to know if I can budget for the Vita version of Resurrection.

It's gonna be $60 I bet... FML.

Top Bottom