• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Leaked Wondercon Footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has just leaked on YouTube watch it while you can (I already got it saved). Obviously major spoilers and keep in the mind the CGI apparently isn't finished yet as this footage and music were made specifically for this event and will be different in the final film.

http://news.moviefone.com/2014/03/14/godzilla-footage-sxsw/

But that the footage he wanted to screen would have been prohibitively expensive because the temp music they use as a placeholder during production would have meant the studio would have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to those original composers. His work around? He rushed composer Alexandre Desplat ("Zero Dark Thirty," "The Grand Budapest Hotel") to finish the music for this sequence so that he could show it to us, unmolested (and in a reasonable price range).

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ww.4geekslikeyou.com/movies/...ge-has-leaked/

nick nacc

Banned
hmm, I am skeptical of the scoring honestly. The trailers evoked a superior sense of seriousness and dread. The music was undermining it for me.

Also not a fan of Godzillas leg design. Too stumpy

Blablurn

Some random thoughts. keep them in spoiler brackets before someone starts crying about it

- i heard that godzilla was the origin of that tsunami but since i had his slow movement from the old movies in mind i couldnt understand how that would be. seeing him swim makes it reasonable thought. no wonder why there is a fucking tsunami coming
- tsunami looked scary. damn
- the scene where the lights go on again and you can see the muto was badass. i was like "what the heck".
- and godzillas entrance was just boss. fuck. loved hearng the people cheer.
- the whole chain reaction that leads to godzillas arrival is brilliant
- godzilla looks fucking evil. love it

may cannot come soon enough

JdFoX187

Banned
hmm, I am skeptical of the scoring honestly. The trailers evoked a superior sense of seriousness and dread. The music was undermining it for me.

Also not a fan of Godzillas leg design. Too stumpy

I don't necessarily think you can have a true sense of "dread" when two monsters are beating the shit out of each other. There will certainly be moments in the movie where it looks as if humanity is fucked that I'm sure the score will be appropriate. But in that scene? That's simply to see some good action.

nick nacc

Banned
I don't necessarily think you can have a true sense of "dread" when two monsters are beating the shit out of each other. There will certainly be moments in the movie where it looks as if humanity is fucked that I'm sure the score will be appropriate. But in that scene? That's simply to see some good action.

The music during the tsunami obviously. The monster intro was at the very end

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So I guess I might as well ask, as I have never really bothered with Godzilla stuff before.

Is he like.. a good guy or a bad guy? Or just like, a force of nature that does as he pleases?

J10

Banned
Looks like typical summer blockbuster movie. The trope with the tidal wave and people and members of the main cast running away needs to stop already.

I agree. They should run toward the destruction and the monsters. Godzilla should have powers that allow him to move through the ocean without displacing the water - he should be a giant ghost basically.

antonz

So I guess I might as well ask, as I have never really bothered with Godzilla stuff before.

Is he like.. a good guy or a bad guy? Or just like, a force of nature that does as he pleases?

Mostly a force of Nature. Later movies kind of turned him into a good guy styled force of nature but this movie is returning to its origins where he is basically a force of nature that has some shit to settle with everybody

Kallor

Eh. Didn't like the taste of the first half of that video but the ending got my juices going again. Praying this doesn't turn out shit.

Oh and
Monster #1 looks pretty sweet in motion

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Mostly a force of Nature. Later movies kind of turned him into a good guy styled force of nature but this movie is returning to its origins where he is basically a force of nature that has some shit to settle with everybody

So original Godzilla just fucked with everyone? I'm okay with this

Jesus CHRIST that was hype as FUCCKKKKK OH MY GODDDDD

I laugh at the dumb idiots in the last thread who swore up and down that Godzilla was going to just be elusive and off-camera until the last scenes of the movie. L-O-L.

GOOD LORD when the lights of the tram came back on and they started moving and then they come on under the GIANT MONSTER THEY'RE MOVING RIGHT TOWARDS I ALMOST SHIT MYSELF

LOL @ the squad of soldiers shooting Godzilla with small arms. At worst, you tick him off, and he smushes you. At best, he ignores you (which is what he did).

CG looks REALLY rough.

For one, how can you tell, given it's shittiest CAM quality?

For another, the CG has looked freaking great in all the trailers, imo.

JdFoX187

Banned
So original Godzilla just fucked with everyone? I'm okay with this

Original Godzilla was a walking metaphor for nuclear destruction. He showed up in Japan, laid waste to everything and then went back into the ocean. There was no rhyme or reason to it. He just was. Later on, he became a "hero" to the people of Earth, defending against other monsters. The series was later rebooted and he returned to his roots as a creature that did whatever the hell he wanted to do. That's what this one appears to be. He'll fight the MUTOs because they're a danger to him. But he'll destroy whatever is in his way.

No, the CG has looked like shit in all of the trailers. It looks especially bad in the footage where you see his fins sticking out of the water under the helicopter flood light.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it just me or does EVERYTHING from this movie 'leak?' I can't remember the last time they revealed something official-like.

TasTokyo

I would say at some point he has been all of those. There was a pretty sustained period where he was a good guy though. Originally he was definitely a force of nature who because of this was evil. This movie looks to maybe be going with force of nature who just destroys stuff and sometimes that makes him good and sometimes bad.

i don't know if it was an effect of the shitty recording quality but the waves and some other stuff looked very... scifi channel. i'm sure it will be tidied up on release (assuming this is the case).

duckroll

- 360p Youtube quality
- Bootleg cam
- Portrait video with the footage taking up 1/4 of the frame
- Unfinished CG
- Spoiler reveal of a major scene in the film

This video is the king of all monsters in terms of bad bootleg factors! That said, the movie looks really awesome lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom