• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 Review Thread

Kyleoty

Neo Member
Well,, Right after my second sunday cup that I completely Dominated.... System Crash. Had to do a hard reboot

wrowa

The gamereactor review is hilarious. Games have moved on, no longer can we just be satisfied with polygons or whatever........ UMMM, care to tell us HOW the industry has moved on. Simply noting things have changed without any background, decent comparison, or logical analysis doesn't cut it video game reviewer. You need a new job.

Forza certainly hasn't taken us anywhere with 5. With 4 sure they did some cool things. GT5 didn't take us anywhere but it did some minor things. Project Cars isn't even available to most people.

So my question what and the hell happened in this industry to replace GT?

I mean, we know gfx are crap on those ancient consoles. But the review acts like the gfx are not part of the criticism. 5/10 is a failing grade. Does not compute. 7/10 is much more like it.

Do you speak German? If not, I'm not sure how you can possibly judge the review by reading nothing more than an excerpt of the verdict.

In comparison to AC/GSC it is incredibly shit.

Never played GSC. AC though, I'm not a fan of it. FFB in GT6 is very good though. I've got my T500 and it works wonders. It feels amazing. Depending on the wheel, people will need to tweet the strength though, because sometimes it's too low. And if you go too high with something like the DFGT, it gets a shit ton of judder.

Kade

Whoever feels it is mingboggling that KZ still exists is a FPS noob to the core. It's the only decent shooter available atm.

Is this the only retort Killzone fans have? "It's too deep/hard for you!".

Fuck off with that shit. Killzone is not a hard series. Harder than the competition but that doesn't mean anything.

Reading Gamereactor Sweden (yeah I like to read all of these reviews, lol)...I see this.

"Even if I turn off all aids in Gran Turismo 6 and set down the traction control function to "0", it is often impossible to spin from a standstill with a 662 (horse power?) strong Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500."
Surely that's not true...strange if so. I don't know why he would make that up though.

Edit** Also, now that GT6 is finally here...time to announce one for my Vita PD :p. I'll be so happy if that ever happens.

Everyone uses sports and racing soft tires. Lol... trying to see people drift in the racing tires is hilariously bad.

You can take the S2000 and break into a donut easily. These people just suck and don't know what they're doing. And all they need to do is read the descriptions.

nib95

Banned
It's called TFMA.

Tales From My Ass.

The funny thing is, people cry tin foil hat but sometimes the biases are pretty damn clear. Not saying these people won't say or review something highly positive about the console of their disfavour, but that it might take a lot more to get them to be as generous.

Reminds me of another journalist, Jeremy Parish of USGamer.net, who also happens to be a new member of the VGX Advisor Council (along with 3 members of the Polygon team, and one person from the Official Xbox Magazine….) who absolutely tore in to Knack and Shadow Fall, giving them 2/5 each, which I think is massively unfair but opinions and all that. But then I read this line he wrote from a separate article.

Jeremy Parish said:
I barely used my PS3 for gaming (it was mostly a Blu-ray and PlayStation 2 upscaler), but I expect my PS4 to fare much better.

And well...

IISANDERII

By the sound of the microtransaction thread, you made up your mind before that review. I'm sure you made up your mind before that as well.

Of course, it's always fun to try to sound like you had a genuine interest.
You could not be more fucking wrong if you tried.
GT5 may be my game of the generation. I spent hundreds of hours racing online, probably the most pure joy I've had this last generation. But it may only be so because I was able to bypass the game's one huge flaw. With that and with 2.0, the game is 10/10 to me.

I thought GT6 would be a sure lock. My PSN friend list is 98% of players from GT5 and right now I'm wondering what they're all doing and how fun it would be to race tonight and every night in a brand new Gran Turismo.

In this week prior to release:

*Noises of macrotransactions* I don't care!
*GT6 is more like GT5 3.0* Music to my ears because I just want more of the good and less of the bad.
*Payouts and progression seem unchanged in GT6* and there are sighs of relief. UWOTM8? Did everybody forget the [probable] grind of GT5? Or maybe I was the rare fool to play the game and get every last bit of entertainment out of it. Or simply a vast majority of players were able to bypass the grind so there's an automatic assumption that it's all corrected now.

So, early impressions are only early impressions. Or time to allow you to brace. Anyway here I was, ready to take it all in and be wrong but be happy. Martin Robinson knows his shit and he's given it a 9/10. I am getting excited. I'll read more reviews but looks like my fears are unfounded.
Then came this:

"The economy is, to all intents and purposes, identical to Gran Turismo 5's - prize cars aren't handed out quite so generously, but payouts are on a similar scale while car prices likewise remain frozen.

That's not to say it isn't a problem, though. Gran Turismo 5's economy was broken, an issue belatedly acknowledged by Polyphony in the implementation of seasonal events with bloated payouts that soon became the place to grind out credits. Seasonals are back, though right now the payouts are paltry in comparison to their predecessors, meaning the grind that faces players just before they unlock Gran Turismo 6's final tier is daunting. There was an opportunity to redress the balance this time out. By offering a fast track to progression through microtransactions, the problem is once again acknowledged, although the solution right now is far from savoury."

*FLATLINE*

So I can appreciate that this bit hasn't significantly impacted his score but then again, I'm virtually certain he did not give GT5 a 10/10. That score comes with a price, I price I paid but he didn't and if he had I'm also certain that the above quote would carry for more weight. The 10/10 score comes with the price that I know the game with extreme intimacy.

My play time is 3,481 game days. If I expect to play GT6 that long while giving it the perfect score, I may need to call Visa and ask them to increase my spending limit. For a player like me, this is the exact opposite of what they needed to do.

They've mistaken my level of commitment for blind loyalty.

Nafai1123

Banned
That Venture Beat review is hilaribad. "I don't understand cars or things like torque, therefore the game should explain it to me like I'm 5."

Is this the only retort Killzone fans have? "It's too deep/hard for you!".

Fuck off with that shit. Killzone is not a hard series. Harder than the competition but that doesn't mean anything.

I'm sorry. but how did you extricate that mind numbing opinion from what I wrote? I simply said it is the most engaging shooter available, the only one of the major shooters without auto aim. What are you even on about? The multiplayer is fantastic.

The other games are easycore if you ask me. I have played both and they both don't do a damn thing to escape this autoaim casual crapfest.

What do you mean it is not a hard series? I don't even know what you are talking about. That isn't an excuse. The reason it exists is because the multiplayer is fucking amazing. Enough said. No time for trolls.

kyo27

It's amusing to me you think that, but by the same token praise Forza 5 profusely (one of the most unambitious racers to have ever been released), or anything Microsoft related by that token. I realise you write for a gaming magazine or outlet of some kind?

Going by your post history, I think you really need to chill off the bias a bit. Everyone has preferences, but that much of a bias for a professional journalist is a pretty damning prospect. Knack has no right being $60, you finding it mind boggling that Killzone still exists, Ryse being "really good" just a bit repetitive, you not believing that there is stock of the Xbox One anywhere and wanting picture proof, claiming the difference between 720p and 1080p isn't very noticeable, buying your multi platform games on the Xbox One despite superior versions being else where, in-fact generally praising everything Microsoft related and shitting on most things Sony related at every given opportunity.

So yea, I can't say I'm surprised by your opinion or the double standard nature of it comparative to Forza 5. I did ask you which publication you wrote for earlier, but it's a shame you never responded.

This is hilarious coming from you.

nib95

Banned
This is hilarious coming from you.

But I'm not a professional gaming journalist. Like I said, preferences are fine, but as a professional in the said industry, a bit of tact and neutrality is necessary.

Anyway, back to GT….

Kade

I'm sorry. but how did you extricate that mind numbing opinion from what I wrote? I simply said it is the most engaging shooter available, the only one of the major shooters without auto aim. What are you even on about? The multiplayer is fantastic.

The other games are easycore if you ask me. I have played both and they both don't do a damn thing to escape this autoaim casual crapfest.

What do you mean it is not a hard series? I don't even know what you are talking about.

When you implied that the series naysayers are unskilled at FPS in an effort to validate your opinion.

When you implied that the series naysayers are unskilled at FPS in an effort to validate your opinion.

Yeah, I said whoever questions why the series exists almost has to be a noob. It exists to please people who don't want autoaim, noobed out COD trash, and BF patch issues. The reason it exists is clear. To give people who cannot stand the other games a reason to play something.

Also, I didn't imply crap but that people questioning why it exists, does not include all naysayers just the ignorant ones, are noobs so stop putting words in my mouth. Why are they noobs: because they don't understand simple mechanics and reasons why the series is vastly different and based on player skill instead of auto-aim and run n gun. Clearly go read that again and stop acting like a fanboy. Who but a darling fanboy questions why the game exists?

I said nothing personal to BF fans or COD fans. The people that question why KZ exists don't logically include these people. So the only people I have a problem with are the people in the first place questioning why the series exists. If you are one of these people then this applies to you. I'm sorry for this. Mmmkay.

The VentureBeat review contains plenty of correct information, apart from the bit about PP. The problem is when you compare it to their Forza 5 review:

Forza 5

Cons:

1. Limited number of tracks
2. Repetitive music, no proper custom audio support

85%

GT6

Cons:

1. Visually inconsistent
2. Limited damage
3. Disappointing exterior customisation
4. Monotonous... in general (reviewer notes this could be due to a lack of interest in racing)
5. Lifeless crowds
6. Other complaints about tedium, including: dull lunar missions, no crowd cheering, no commentary
7. Forgettable soundtrack (custom audio support is mentioned here, in the 'cons' section)
8. Microtransactions (the reviewer makes it clear they are optional, but it is still considered a negative)
9. Not newbie friendly

65%

The bolded points apply to Forza too, but there was no mention. You could argue the case for a few of the other points as well.

There is a different approach to the two reviews, with Forza's not dwelling on negatives and neglecting to mention some entirely. In contrast, GT's review offered counters to almost all the positives, followed by a stream of negatives from a reviewer who is not hiding their lack of interest in the subject. The tone of the review certainly warrants a 65% - the problem is that it is inconsistent with the Forza review, so the score appears to be attention-seeking.

Maybe the Forza reviewer was having enough fun not to notice the bolded text?

Marinlik

Neo Member
Everyone uses sports and racing soft tires. Lol... trying to see people drift in the racing tires is hilariously bad.

You can take the S2000 and break into a donut easily. These people just suck and don't know what they're doing. And all they need to do is read the descriptions.

So you don't think that a car with 600+ HP can spin it's tires even if they are racing tires? Because they absolutely should spin. It does not make the reviewers suck.

Gestault

Wait, where are the crowds? Oh...there they are.

iBJ8WoVdZJjrs.gif

So you don't think that a car with 600+ HP can spin it's tires even if they are racing tires? Because they absolutely should spin. It does not make the reviewers suck.

I'm sure it could if you didn't have it in automatic so where it's trying to change gears.

Wait, where are the crowds? Oh...there they are.

iBJ8WoVdZJjrs.gif

It's more than annoying. It really shouldn't happen. And PD needs to put their game at 720p to stabilize the framerate. There is no need to push too far to the point of making things look ugly.

I was somewhat excited to get GT6 since I haven't played a GT in a generation, but now I'm thinking it may make more sense to just wait for the PS4 version. It seems like the PS3's limitations are showing a bit from the footage I've seen... especially the track and scenery details. Those trees look so PS2.

Seanspeed

Banned
Maybe the Forza reviewer was having enough fun not to notice the bolded text?
Many people cant seem to realize that people weigh things differently. Most game reviewers don't go through and dock a set amount of the score off for each perceived flaw. Sometimes the good can make up for the bad or vice versa.

Basically, people here are just straining to do whatever they can to rubbish the reviews because they didn't say what they wanted to hear. Happens every single review thread. Every damn one.

I love GT but I know 6 isn't going to blow me away. That still doesn't mean I rate it a 5 though. Really sick of temperamental reviews. The film industry is usually better than this. The music industry is by far for reviews.

Many people cant seem to realize that people weigh things differently. Most game reviewers don't go through and dock a set amount of the score off for each perceived flaw. Sometimes the good can make up for the bad or vice versa.

Basically, people here are just straining to do whatever they can to rubbish the reviews because they didn't say what they wanted to hear. Happens every single review thread. Every damn one.

No, not really. The games industry has some of the worst and most temperamental reviewers around. People are just sick of this page hit bullshit and for good reason.

Kade

Yeah, I said whoever questions why the series exists almost has to be a noob. It exists to please people who don't want autoaim, noobed out COD trash, and BF patch issues. The reason it exists is clear. To give people who cannot stand the other games a reason to play something.

Also, I didn't imply crap but that people questioning why it exists are noobs so stop putting words in my mouth. Clearly go read that again and stop acting like a fanboy.

I said nothing personal to BF fans or COD fans. The people that question why KZ exists don't logically include these people.

I'm not sure that's the primary reason it exists. Those are just features in the game. Games like that already exist on PC so anyone primarily looking for that kind of game shouldn't be looking on consoles. CSGO and KZ are the only ones. Also, a fanboy of what exactly? BF or CoD, lol? I don't like CoD and I didn't care much for the last two BF games. Based on your contributions in KZ threads, you're in no position to be throwing that word around. Anyways, GT6.

mave198

After GT3 it's all about the beauty of cars.........Polyphony considers everything else low on the priority list.

The fact you can still drive into a wall at 200mph and still drive the car or bounce off of walls at a turn shows it.

shandy706

So is he simply not high reving and dropping the clutch?

Soft tires still spin if you floor it (and TCS) is off in a real car. Going by what he said, he turned all assists off...came to a stop...then floored it. The car just took off...no loss of traction or tires spinning.

Found it strange. I'm sure doughnuts are easy, I'm assuming he meant in a straight line.

Kade

After GT3 it's all about the beauty of cars.........Polyphony considers everything else low on the priority list.

The fact you can still drive into a wall at 200mph and still drive the car or bounce off of walls at a turn shows it.

But stuff like that breaks the sim. :/

Apex

Gamereactor.es' reviewer races in real life. I doubt he has experience with a super car, but his opinion on the cars in the game that he has actually driven should be a good indicator on the quality of the simulation, I think
Looks an amateur driver to me, certainly not a pro. Some of its claims are emm... at least questionable when you put things into perspective.
Petter Hegevall said:
But... somewhere along the way, in the midst of all those marketing tricks designed to fraudulently and all these talks about how it behaves a true racing car, the game has been forgotten. And when the game provides enough fun, nor the Simulator itself provides a sufficiently realistic, good driving experience, don't have to be any ports for implying that the game series has lost all of its original appeal. It hurts to write what follows, but it must be done; Gran Turismo 6 is a mediocre racing game and one of the biggest disappointments of the year.
Petter Hegevall said:
Polyphony, for the sixth time, goes completely from this topic and on the other hand tries to balance how believe it is to sit behind the wheel of a racing car with a dry weight of 1,200 kg and more than 600 horses under the hood. The result is as you said a bland driving experience and barren that little reminds me really what feels running within the racing car on a circuit in real life. My Nissan GT - R (R35) is of course included in the game, and much that can capture the look inside and outside with obsessive detail, the feeling when driving it has nothing to do.
He:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTtitosAHn4

Vs
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPzH13D_rtcDnKNiYeIAyg_kU-6nLkAf6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tzhWPhYvE

Petter Hegevall said:
Even if I turn off all aid in Gran Turismo 6 and under the function of "0" traction control, it can be almost impossible to turn from a stop with a Ford Mustang Shelby GT 500 662 horsepower, which obviously is as realistic as an episode of the Power Rangers. Polyphony also fails in dynamics and grip, that therefore the excitement of all races that contains this game loads. The vital rule of racing, not forcing the wheels to do two things at the same time, does not apply here, except when my Honda Jazz slips straight down the track regardless of how much to turn the steering wheel. In the real world, moving the Centre of gravity very suddenly in a Nissan GT - R GT3 may end in the loss of grip in the front or rear axle. In this game, never seems dangerous or risky to pull the cars as if they were bowling, being almost impossible to lose traction completely.
Vs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apA7rZxWad4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMWWmAljfmY

So is he simply not high reving and dropping the clutch?

Soft tires still spin if you floor it (and TCS) is off in a real car. Going by what he said, he turned all assists off...came to a stop...the floored it. The car just took off...no loss of traction or tires spinning.

Found it strange. I'm sure doughnuts are easy, I'm assuming he meant in a straight line.

Not sure what he did. Because you can burnout in GT6 easily if you get the assists and tires right.

The VentureBeat review contains plenty of correct information, apart from the bit about PP. The problem is when you compare it to their Forza 5 review:

Forza 5

Cons:

1. Limited number of tracks
2. Repetitive music, no proper custom audio support

85%

GT6

Cons:

1. Visually inconsistent
2. Limited damage
3. Disappointing exterior customisation
4. Monotonous... in general (reviewer notes this could be due to a lack of interest in racing)
5. Lifeless crowds
6. Other complaints about tedium, including: dull lunar missions, no crowd cheering, no commentary
7. Forgettable soundtrack (custom audio support is mentioned here, in the 'cons' section)
8. Microtransactions (the reviewer makes it clear they are optional, but it is still considered a negative)
9. Not newbie friendly

65%

The bolded points apply to Forza too, but there was no mention. You could argue the case for a few of the other points as well.

There is a different approach to the two reviews, with Forza's not dwelling on negatives and neglecting to mention some entirely. In contrast, GT's review offered counters to almost all the positives, followed by a stream of negatives from a reviewer who is not hiding their lack of interest in the subject. The tone of the review certainly warrants a 65% - the problem is that it is inconsistent with the Forza review, so the score appears to be attention-seeking.

It's kind of unfair to directly compare these games given the hardware, but I understand why people are. While I cannot speak for the reviewer, based on my own experience I will not be going back to playing GT5/Forza 4 very often, and potentially won't pick up GT6 (need to play it first in order to make a decision), after playing Forza 5. While Forza 5 is far from perfect, and could certainly use more content, it just does so many other things well. It is a huge step up from Forza 4 in regards to graphics, sound, AI, track modeling, and physics.

In contrast, most of the GT6 reviews of the lukewarm variety, which is not all of them, are stating some legitimate criticisms of the series that carry over from GT5. There remain many issues in regards to graphical inconsistencies, AI, damage modeling, and sounds. It doesn't make GT6 a bad game, but I for one was looking for large improvements in these categories for GT6.

Those are just features in the game. Games like that already exist on PC so anyone primarily looking for that kind of game shouldn't be looking on consoles.

The ignorance is amazingly astute today. I have a beast PC and don't enjoy clicking on people with a mouse. I even play people using a DS3/4 pad and do fine. Your sentence speaks for itself. KZ isn't on PC dude and there is no game like it on PC and hell no I'm not gonna go play the mediocre game that is CSGO in its place. Nice try.

As for GT6, people are just frankly fed up with racing games and lackluster campaigns is what I think it is. But it is getting harder to tell where real criticism is being shown against the fanboy 'oh I'm mad gonna rate this low' mentality.

For what GT6 offers on its platform it is a solid 7/10 for me. Any lower and you are just going for hits unless you find some serious problems with it that are not on games of the same gen.

Fairly good reviews. One of my main concerns was the grinding and predictability of events. The addition to renting, stream lining progression with diversions sounds ideal. Filtering cars eligible for events and taking your directly to the store is a silly omission. Funny how some people think 30 second load times are acceptable.

It's kind of unfair to directly compare these games given the hardware, but I understand why people are.
I wasn't comparing them - I was comparing the reviews. They are from different journalists written for the same website. The way in which the scores were reached was inconsistent with each other, and it appeared that the Forza reviewer was more enthusiastic about racing games in general compared to the GT reviewer. Even if you ignore the inconsistencies, it's hard to tell whether both games received a fair assessment as they were being approached from significantly different attitudes. You can be sure that the GT score deterred a few people from buying the game, and some of them would have been deterred unnecessarily.

That said, it would have been their fault for not reading carefully or understanding the perspective of the reviewer, and not looking for other opinions.

NeoGash

One thing I've sort of always wondered is how gaming sites judge car physics. How can you tell what a super car should feel like? It's hard for me to know how they determine that.

Agreed. I also love the fact that some gamers equate assists on as being unrealistic. Guess they don't know that the car they drive to work every day has ABS and traction control most likely. But yeah, I think a quick glance at the physics should be considered as long as they don't nit-pick at what is outside of their field of study. I could take pictures in real life and people would say they are unrealistic, though nature and the world has certain ways of playing tricks on our mind. Wow, I got off topic. Sorry.
Car physics specifically, only a professional would know. Harder ≠ more realistic.

Anyway, do you think reviewers put unfair expectations on sim racers? I mean, it is so much more complex than an arcade racer like NFS. The yearly releases are kind of evident of that fact as well as the sheer number of cars found in games like GT. I don't think reviewers realise how much time goes into them compared to an arcade one. Not bitching about review scores, but it does seem a little weird. I think perhaps the main issue with them is the grind, which is totally fair. Hopefully we see less of it in future games, because the last sim racer I played with not much of a grind came out in 2007.

Gestault

I'm just glad to see they addressed the shadows at a distance.

iuGusUCNWuJgb.gif

iYMDI1L3VQGsv.gif

(I'm being harsh, but I get annoyed with visual issues that are *consistently* present in these games, particularly in light of the gorgeous trailers.)

That sort of perspective on reviews seems relatively outdated these days, and I wouldn't put much stock into it. I wouldn't worry about the impact of such a review; most people will be able to see it offers no worth.

The problem is that it's like reviewing a book poorly because English is too inaccessible of a language to learn. Being critical of viewpoints like that is necessary. Not every viewpoint is made equally.

Being a clerk in a video game store, you would be surprised at how much stock people give to reviews. It's really bad.

While I'm absolutely sure that GT6 is a fantastic game overall, it has some serious flaws which press and some gamers are fed up with. First of all, of course, it's car and track rosters' inconsistency, where PS4-ready assets face PS2-era ones. And the "second-tier" major issues are sounds and damage modeling. Even mind-blowing things like Moon Rover events won't be enough to please public until that fundamental flaws are fixed. Reduce car roster from astronomic numbers, but make it entirely "premium". Rework tracks and sounds. Improve damaging, PD. Everything else are more or less minor things which are either fine as they are or require just a few tweaks. And many things are fixed already - bloated and slow menu is finally gone, for example.

Still, the jump from GT5 is not so large and problems are still here. So, nothing surprising about lukewarm scores. Sales won't GT5's high as well, I guess, but they will be pretty great anyway.

I'm really opposing the idea of the PS4 port of GT6. Polyphony and Boss Kaz need to take some time and use such a great opportunity as generational shift to sorta "reintroduce" series on PS4 with every major flaw taken into consideration in GT7. Then, status-quo of GT as a tremendous racing games will return on its place. And I will buy it in a heartbeat. But as for now, I'll (probably) pass GT6 and not even because of what was said above in the first place, but because I still haven't even finished GT5's career mode due to lack of time/opportunity to do so. GT5 will still keep me satisfied for a good while, it's a great game too, after all :)

Uhm it's marketed at the mass market, at people that like to look at cars, etc. It wouldn't sell in the millions if it was truly only built for Sim enthusiasts. From that standpoint the venture beat review is ok, the problem is that the industry uses metacritic.....

The game is marketed as the biggest sim racer. Therefore it should be reviewed as such. I mean, shoot, it is not like Sony has some competition to find the best real racers from their game.

While I'm absolutely sure that GT6 is a fantastic game overall, it has some serious flaws which press and some gamers are fed up with. First of all, of course, it's car and track rosters' inconsistency, where PS4-ready assets face PS2-era ones. And the "second-tier" major issues are sounds and damage modeling. Even mind-blowing things like Moon Rover events won't be enough to please public until that fundamental flaws are fixed. Reduce car roster from astronomic numbers, but make it entirely "premium".

Look, I understand this complaint. It's definitely jarring to see the huge discrepancy between models. But why is this such a hangup for so many people? There are 1,200 cars in the game. Most of them look great. Some of them look okay. A handful look atrocious. But did you ever really want to drive or own the atrocious ones? Or do you need to?

There's no excuse for PS2-era models in the game, I'll agree to that, but I just don't think it really matters all that much when you're playing the game, and, for the most part, don't need to own or even race against the low res models.

Emwitus

The fact you can still drive into a wall at 200mph and still drive the car or bounce off of walls at a turn shows it

It's funny that even with next gen out, there is no game on the market that does realistic damage. At 200 mph there would be no car to drive.

It's funny that even with next gen out, there is no game on the market that does realistic damage. At 200 mph there would be no car to drive.

There tends to be a difference between visual representation of damage and the result of impacts on the ability to drive. In licensed cars this can be due to imposition by the licensee.

In Forza 5 yesterday I had a big crash at the Brickyard. My McLaren P1 was scuffed all over, every window cracked, bits hanging off. But not what you'd expect from 300kph. However the game did get the important thing right - the car was almost undriveable from that point.

So yes I agree we should see much more damage. But at least many games wreck the car in terms of driving, even if they aren't allowed to smash it to pieces.

Top Bottom