• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

MercuryLS

Banned
JB1981 said:
for this game and the hdd i could buy another fucking system. that pisses me off

I bought a brand new 360 Elite odd craigslist for $350 even, then I sold my current prem 360 for $200. It's still pricey, but you get a new system in addition to a 120Gb HDD, installing games and not worrying about space for DLC like this is a awesome and makes it totally worth it IMO.

Welp, due to the exorbitant price of larger 360 HDDs and the lack of free space on my 20GB, it looks like I won't be buying this.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Grain filter no thanks no sale.

I cannot stand grain filters that cannot be turned off in video games...same reason I'm not day 1-ing killzone 2.

At least in mass effect you could turn it off and in siren it actually works with the horror game.

fuck this

ChrisGoldstein said:

I cannot stand grain filters that cannot be turned off in video games...same reason I'm not day 1-ing killzone 2.

At least in mass effect you could turn it off and in siren it actually works with the horror game.

fuck this

You can turn it off.

Proc

ChrisGoldstein said:

fuck this

BenjaminBirdie said:
One of the other reviews said it's turnoffable.

You seem angry, did you know there is new GTA to be played in less than a day's time?

Dabanton

ChrisGoldstein said:

fuck this

Lol you can turn it off.

ChrisGoldstein said:

fuck this

FROM KIKIZO'S REVIEW:

Even the pesky grain effect that covers the screen in the preview version we played last month is something that can now be turned off.

now be turned off.

turned off.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dabanton said:
Lol you can turn it off.

:lol

Sorry didnt finish reading the review ok I dont like the dong but I guess I will still buy it

You know I like hillary but he's not very good on details some times

/nerd shame

~Kinggi~

Banned
"Outside of the campaign, there's plenty to do. Getting 100% in L&D will take a good amount of time. There are 25 gang wars to be won across Liberty City, a dozen new bike races, new bike theft missions, several odd jobs to tackle for various miscreants, 50 seagulls to find and kill, a new comedy show to enjoy, some new mini-games to try once and then ignore, and full frontal nudity. Make that male full frontal nudity. That's right, Rockstar brings you Xbox 360's first downloadable dong"

fantastic

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Damn I'm still at only like 55% for IV so I need to get a little farther. I already did both missions that involve johnny so I dont think this will have any spoilers.

I just killed perogrino's body guard in the hospital...any one know how far I am from the end?

Interfectum

ChrisGoldstein said:

fuck this

nerd rage :lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
majornelson: Lost and Damned is out tomorrow.....later today we've got a little surprise related to the release ;)

8bit

Knows the Score
atomsk said:
majornelson: Lost and Damned is out tomorrow.....later today we've got a little surprise related to the release ;)

Maybe the major is gonna get lil' Nelson out for the webcam?

~Kinggi~ said:
"Outside of the campaign, there's plenty to do. Getting 100% in L&D will take a good amount of time. There are 25 gang wars to be won across Liberty City, a dozen new bike races, new bike theft missions, several odd jobs to tackle for various miscreants, 50 seagulls to find and kill, a new comedy show to enjoy, some new mini-games to try once and then ignore, and full frontal nudity. Make that male full frontal nudity. That's right, Rockstar brings you Xbox 360's first downloadable dong"

fantastic

Whoa! New comedy! 50 new seagulls! Wow!

(I'm being totally serious.)

FrankT

8bit said:
Maybe the major is gonna get lil' Nelson out for the webcam?

:lol

Chinner said:
Anyone have the achievement list for this?

Get Good Wood – 50G: In the Bike Races, whack off 69 bikers with a bat.
Easy Rider – 100G: Finish The Story
Full Chat – 70G: Your backup are riding at their best!
The Lost Boy – 25G: All hail the leader of The Lost!
One Percenter – 5G: Billy is back on his bike.

http://kotaku.com/5136542/grand-theft-auto-the-lost-and-damned-achievements-work-in-one-dick-joke

damn, I'm so hyped. Can't wait for tomorrow, only thing that worries me is the time it needs to download, hopefully this one goes down well.

Dabanton

ChrisGoldstein said:
Damn I'm still at only like 55% for IV so I need to get a little farther. I already did both missions that involve johnny so I dont think this will have any spoilers.

I just killed perogrino's body guard in the hospital...any one know how far I am from the end?

Your nearing the end now,if you've done that mission.

FrankT

Milchmonster said:
damn, I'm so hyped. Can't wait for tomorrow, only thing that worries me is the time it needs to download, hopefully this one goes down well.

Yea, MS best have the servers up to par tomorrow. For some reason my downloads have been especially slow as of late. Could be on my end, but I don't think so.

Struct09

If there's one thing I'm glad that was spoiled for me, it's the dong. I'd prefer to know that's coming (no pun intended) rather than be surprised by it.

Nice reviews, can't freakin wait!

Zenith

Banned
Costanza said:
wtf @ male nudity

This is Rockstar's chance to push the limit of what games are allowed with the massive might of Microsoft backing them. It will set a precedent, the next game will come along and want full frontal female nudity, the ESRB will say "no, it's AO", and they can turn around and say "rockstar did it here with a man, and that was rated M, are women that much different?" and the ESRB will have no grounds to give that game an AO.

Before you know it, games will be treated more like movies and less like toys.

Just my 2 cents.

Don

I can't wait to finally play this.

I don't really understand Hilary's comments about how he didn't like Johnny as much as Niko. He says Niko never came across as a bad guy, but to me Niko only seemed like a good person for the first few missions then quickly turned into an unlikeable asshole.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
SIP YEK NOD said:
This is Rockstar's chance to push the limit of what games are allowed with the massive might of Microsoft backing them. It will set a precedent, the next game will come along and want full frontal female nudity, the ESRB will say "no, it's AO", and they can turn around and say "rockstar did it here with a man, and that was rated M, are women that much different?" and the ESRB will have no grounds to give that game an AO.

Before you know it, games will be treated more like movies and less like toys.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed. It drives me nuts that the ESRB "M" rating isn't really the same as a film's "R" rating. Developers need to have the same kind of freedoms that filmmakers have had for decades. I'm glad that Rockstar is pushing the limits of what can be done.

Top Bottom