• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto 04.02: "The Lost & Damned" (!!Official Thread!!)

Beaulieu

I dont get what the people mean by "no space on my 20gb HDD to buy this"

What do you have on your HDD ??

I mean... I stream all my music and videos from my PC and download a lot of demos, then delete them, and I dont think ill run out of space until the end of the current generation of console.

Darklord

Banned
Costanza said:
wtf @ male nudity

I'd love to know if the Australia version got this or if Rockstar didn't bother like they did with GTA4 and edited it before even trying to pass the uncut version.

Edit: Strong violence, sex scenes, coarse language, nudity and drug references

Wow, I think it did get past...thats really surprising. Sex scenes too? Did the old shits who wanted FEAR 2 and Fallout 3 banned go on holiday or something?

I can't wait to see the out cry from idiot parents. :lol
"I was letting my 9 year old son play what I thought was a harmless game and all of a sudden there was a naked man on the screen! I couldn't believe it! I was shocked, my son is scared for life. I will be talking to my lawyers about legal action today"

lebowsky

Beaulieu said:
I dont get what the people mean by "no space on my 20gb HDD to buy this"

What do you have on your HDD ??

I mean... I stream all my music and videos from my PC and download a lot of demos, then delete them, and I dont think ill run out of space until the end of the current generation of console.

Uh, full game installs? Since NXE came out, I think a lot of us are using the "Install to HD" option to avoid the jet engine that is the 360's DVD drive. Obviously this affects those of us who bought 20 GB machines.

I'll have to delete a game install to play this since with the 20 GB drive, 2 game installs is basically the whole drive.

Beaulieu

lebowsky said:
Uh, full game installs? Since NXE came out, I think a lot of us are using the "Install to HD" option to avoid the jet engine that is the 360's DVD drive. Obviously this affects those of us who bought 20 GB machines.

I'll have to delete a game install to play this since with the 20 GB drive, 2 game installs is basically the whole drive.

Ok

I guess I was lucky and got a silent one, because I never felt the need to install a game.
To be fair I do put the volume pretty high each time I'm playing a game...

lebowsky

Beaulieu said:
Ok

I guess I was lucky and got a silent one, because I never felt the need to install a game.
To be fair I do put the volume pretty high each time I'm playing a game...

I wish I would have gotten luckly like that because some games like Gears 1 and GTA 4 were almost unplayable without headphones because the drive spinning was so loud. The faster loading times are a nice bonus as well.

I just need to break down and get a 120 GB drive, but that inflated MS price kills me.

Zzoram

SIP YEK NOD said:
This is Rockstar's chance to push the limit of what games are allowed with the massive might of Microsoft backing them. It will set a precedent, the next game will come along and want full frontal female nudity, the ESRB will say "no, it's AO", and they can turn around and say "rockstar did it here with a man, and that was rated M, are women that much different?" and the ESRB will have no grounds to give that game an AO.

Before you know it, games will be treated more like movies and less like toys.

Just my 2 cents.

It's also just after all the major elections are over in the US, so less likely to provoke a political shitstorm.

dankir

Can somebody exactly how you boot the Lost and Damned game up?

Do we start it from within GTA 4? Does it have its own launch from the dashboard? Can you just roam in and out of the GTA and Lost and Damned storyline?

Puck

Banned
Male nudity....

Honestly. Why the fuck?

I hope it backfires and they have to patch it. This shit will be on the news in a few days.

Otacon

dankir said:

Do we start it from within GTA 4? Does it have its own launch from the dashboard? Can you just roam in and out of the GTA and Lost and Damned storyline?

afaik, you'll have to start a new game
then you can choose between GTAIV and TL&D
so, they're both completely separate

MacBosse

dankir said:

It prompts you when you start GTA4.

Brad

Puck said:
Male nudity....

Honestly. Why the fuck?

I hope it backfires and they have to patch it. This shit will be on the news in a few days.

What makes you want a negative backlash to occur over this?

voltron

ok for those of us in Australia... when can we start downloading this? As of right now? I assume we dont have to wait until the usual world wide DLC release time of about 8pm tonight because people getting the code from EB will be able to download whenever right?

I just wanna get started d/ling asap as Im capped at 8kb/sec until the 22nd :(

Puck

Banned
No, i haven't seen a penis before.

It's just unnecessary. There's no point to it.

Comes out for AU @ 7pm EST.

They didn't show any nipples in GTA4.

Dabanton

Puck said:
Male nudity....

Honestly. Why the fuck?

Calm down dude, it's a dick,nothing more. Why the outrage?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
They should have naked strippers then, man I paid for so many lap dances hoping that the stripper duo would get nasty with Niko

squicken

Rorschach said:
Funny how they can show a penis, but boobs were censored in GTA4.
Boobs are almost always sexual in nature, unless it's like an old or ugly girl, or some breast cancer thing.

Penis, like this and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, is labeled as ribald and is acceptable.

voltron

Puck said:
No, i haven't seen a penis before.

It's just unnecessary. There's no point to it.

Comes out for AU @ 7pm EST.

They didn't show any nipples in GTA4.

So what about if you buy the code from EB? Can you just put the code whenever you want today and get it early?

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Puck said:
Male nudity....

Honestly. Why the fuck?

Seriously? I watched the video and didn't find it offensive at all. I actually chuckled a bit. I say good on Rockstar for pushing the envelope.
married straight man here
Get over yourself.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
squicken said:
Boobs are almost always sexual in nature, unless it's like an old or ugly girl, or some breast cancer thing.

Penis, like this and Forgetting Sarah Marshall, is labeled as ribald and is acceptable.

That is just ridiculous.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
squicken said:

lol if you're straight.

Yeah, I recall the controversy when they first showed a non-erect penis on TV.

...oh, no I don't, because it was so long ago I hadn't even been born. So why is it a big deal for a mature rated game in 2009?

Darklord

Banned
Psychotext said:
Yeah, I recall the controversy when they first showed a non-erect penis on TV.

...oh, no I don't, because it was so long ago I hadn't even been born. So why is it a big deal for a mature rated game in 2009?

Because games are for little kids, duh!

Interfectum

Puck said:
Male nudity....

Honestly. Why the fuck?

So? Does seeing a virtual penis effect you that badly?

Eric WK

People are seriously upset about male nudity? Give me a break. This is the type of thing that makes American culture look backwards - violence and gore are all well and good, but God forbid you show sex or nudity.

Or a seventeen year old can buy a ticket and see tits and dick at the cinema, but he shouldn't be able to see it in a Mature rated videogame?

FrankT

I wish reviewers had never spoiled that to be honest. To be sitting at home and then bam right smack in the face. Shock and awe, haha.

Of course for a lot a people it will be like that. Fox News at 6:00 will have it covered. :)

jts

...hate me...
If they have no problems showing a penis, then why did they make Niko's penis invisible when he has sex with hookers? :(

Or why didn't they show some damn boobs on the game? Damn :(

snack said:
It actually bobs a bit forward at the end when he settles into his final stance.
I only really noticed the clipping at that stage...

/realises that perhaps he was paying too much attention. :lol

Dabanton

MrTroubleMaker said:
Sorry, I didn't see this but, Is the PC version getting this at 05.00 AM EST too or is it going to be released later?

thanks!

It's out for the PC at 5.00am. 360 owners have to wait until Wednesday now as the PC took priority.

Dabanton

Keikoku said:
Seems like it won't be available in retail for Eurape... goddam.

Err i thought that was well know. What does DLC mean to you?

There will be no physical copies of the game you buy the 1600 point cards in store or download straight form Xbox Live.

Top Bottom