• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered |OT| Kat's out of the Vita

Grisby

Just got done with a hour and a half session. Wow, Bluepoint did an awesome job (as par for the course it seems).

I don't remember Kat being so expressive and the framerate feels really good.

It's quite weird playing the game on a larger screen. I feel like the camera is a little too close to Kat and I actually got a bit nauseous when I was first taking flight across the city! Luckily, that subsided and I got back into my old groove of playing. I really like this game, despite the prominent issues it has, namely, with combat.

I'll say this though, I'm really glad GR2 seems to have upped it's color palette. I still really enjoy the visuals here and I know it changes from city region to region, but I am looking forward to some more diversity.
My copy just arrived from amazon, and I think it's a dud. The splash screen loads up then it just keeps spinning up my drive, stopping it, and spinning it up again and never goes anywhere after the loading screen. I've never seen this happen before.

Breaking my heart here Sony. I don't want to have to send it back.
When I pulled mine from the envelope slip it had the telltale noise if a disc being loose. Sure enough, it was when I opened it.

Luckily there doesn't seem to be any scratches and it played fine. Chalk one up for blurays being crazy tough.

Dominator

Chapter 8: How the hell do you beat the
secret boss in the area where you open the second flower? I jumped down and saw and opening and this big thing is there. I dodge when his attacks come and it does nothing, and I die in 3-4 hits... The fuck? Lol

WarWolf

Chapter 8: How the hell do you beat the
secret boss in the area where you open the second flower? I jumped down and saw and opening and this big thing is there. I dodge when his attacks come and it does nothing, and I die in 3-4 hits... The fuck? Lol

You can come back to the area after you level up a bit.

Yeah. The Vita version had terrible IQ, spotty frame rate and worse controls. It's a big improvement here.

I need to buy this but dammit! so many games this month. I thought people statedt there was a drought in gaming this time of year!

I'm swamped with stuff. Witness, Firewatch, Grip, SFV, This, Devision coming up! and let's not forget X COM 2. I can't afford it all!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Waiting on game to deliver today. Should have done click+collect as I'm in town at lunch anyway.

Went physical as I can potentially trade it back after finishing it - I have the vita version so don't feel the need to keep two

Dunkers92

Had this installed on my Vita for the longest time but never got round to playing it. Managed to get it the other day and have played upto the end of Episode 7 and also did the maid pack missions.

I am having a blast. Took a while for me to get used to controlling Kat but it just clicks eventually. I love the art style, and man, the soundtrack is sooooo good.

I probably won't be able to play it again till Monday though which sucks

Got to Pleajeune and spent another 45 minutes doing nothing but gliding around collecting gems.

This game is kinda incredible.

Extremely charming, great soundtrack, great art/character design, and a god-tier traversal mechanic. The Gravity Shift might honestly be the best traversal method I've ever used in a videogame. I've spent at least 2 hours of my playtime so far doing nothing but messing around with the physics of this thing and it still hasn't gotten old.

This is like Platinum Games level making me happy right now.

Got to Pleajeune and spent another 45 minutes doing nothing but gliding around collecting gems.

Extremely charming, great soundtrack, great art/character design, and a god-tier traversal mechanic. The Gravity Shift might honestly be the best traversal method I've ever used in a videogame. I've spent at least 2 hours of my playtime so far doing nothing but messing around with the physics of this thing and it still hasn't gotten old.

This is like Platinum Games level making me happy right gaming right now.

Yeah. I can understand all the problems people have with the game, but if it clicks with you it's just amazing. It's extremely unique and there's nothing like it out there.

I'm loving how everyone here is connecting with the game and just enjoying drifting around! It's such an immensely fun game and while I enjoyed it on the Vita I think it really did deserve to come to PS4.

Sapientas

Having fun with the game again and it's nice to have the DLC in it. The game is charming and the main idea is nice, but it lacks in execution, be it with clunky "gravity tricks" controls, repetitive and easy combat or boring mission structure and progression. Really looking forward to Gravity Rush 2 now which I hope will adress most of these.

Small complaint but annoying for sure: you can't disable the touchpad motions and I always swipe my thumb accidentally on it. I get kinda crazy with this in other games too.

Z3M0G

Im sad that there are people who avoid the original controls... once you embrace swiping and tilting during combat, the combat becomes quite amazing. Still repetitive, but mich more engaging and enjoyable.

Ferr986

Count me in as a believer too.
Flying around is really fun. Gotta say I expected something really diferent, I thought it would be more like flying controls, and not shooting yourself. But once you get used it's really fun to just wander around collecting gems.

Combat is about what I expected, considering everyone said it's the worst part, so no problems there. It's serviceable.

Game looks good although it's too brown. I mean, the city being all brown makes sense but the sky being also orange makes the game look like I'm playing GeoW1. A green sky like the box art would probably look better (or putting a day-night cycle).

Don't care much about the cop dude or Raven but Kat is awesome. She's really funny and with a lot of personality. The chapter aboud bulding her room was cute, I feel bad that she has to live in the sewers :( Wish we could upgrade her house more through the story. Now I see why people would like her as a PS mascot.

SkylineRKR

Whoa, you can swipe on the touchpad to do these flips. Didn't know that.

This was essential on the Vita for me. When you have to beat enemies with gravity kicks and aren't properly positioned, you are better off gaining height by using the swipe.

Auctopus

Wow, I do not know what happened with Amazon's stock but my order still says they need time to estimate a delivery and if you go to the product page it says "10 or less in stock, estimate delivery Feb 11th - 23rd".

This was after I pre-ordered over a month ago. They must've got way less than they were expecting.

febfakZ.png

I was wondering why this hadn't arrived..

Game looks good although it's too brown. I mean, the city being all brown makes sense but the sky being also orange makes the game look like I'm playing GeoW1. A green sky like the box art would probably look better (or putting a day-night cycle).
I keep seeing people saying this but only Auldnoir looks like that.

Unknown?

This was essential on the Vita for me. When you have to beat enemies with gravity kicks and aren't properly positioned, you are better off gaining height by using the swipe.

Wait swiping in the air will gain you height?! I'm gonna have to try this!

This is like Platinum Games level making me happy right now.

Now imagine if P* got a crack at this series' combat

ClearData

Now imagine if P* got a crack at this series' combat

It depends. Are we talking Bayonetta level combat or Legend of Korra? I would want the A team working on it.

I'm not sleeping on studio Japan though. I think they nailed almost every element in Gravity Rush. From what we've seen of GR2 it looks like depth is being added with the fighting styles. So it could be the complete package through and through.

A lot of my sound effects disappeared a couple days ago. No sound for when you collect a gem for instance, but more importantly, there's no little "wurrrring" when the gravity gauge refills. It's really useful to hear that when I'm falling with no power but the game tells me exactly when I can R1 again.

fallingdove

The game is really good so far. I think I am on chapter 7. Kat is a really great character.

Comic strip story telling can be lazy in video games but the way they handled it here is fantastic.

I never got the complaints about the combat. Sure, if you just gravity kick your way through it's boring, but you've got a lot of options. Make use of them all - standard kicks, slide kicks, throwing items, etc and it's a blast. I love the combat.

ClearData

These graphics are gorgeous and it runs so smooth.

The 60 fps gameplay really makes the game sing. During an energy race in Auldnoir I speed shifted into a building's side after a checkpoint, pressed L1 to restore gravity, and dropped to the ground like a bullet. Kat, like her namesake, lands on her feet and I have her immediately shift into a gravity slide without losing any momentum.

I just said "Wow, that looked amazing," And it felt amazing to control too.

ClearData

I never got the complaints about the combat. Sure, if you just gravity kick your way through it's boring, but you've got a lot of options. Make use of them all - standard kicks, slide kicks, throwing items, etc and it's a blast. I love the combat.

I feel the same. I love Kat's fighting style and she has some lethal moves at range and closeup. Evading feels intuitive too. It might be hard to land some heavy hits when moving really quickly but I am looking forward to GR2's extended repertoire. If they also polished the stasis field ability that would make things even better as I think that can be inconsistent to use.

ike_

Crap, I fell through the world and now I'm stuck:

http://webm.land/media/i2ql.webm
http://imgur.com/a/H8J8h

This must be punishment for mowing over all those pedestrians with Gravity Slide.

Haven't been able to find another a collision seam to ascend back into reality or fall low enough to reset up top. Not sure if I wanna close/reopen the game and lose gem collection progress, or will the auto-saves help me there?

edit: yeah, just quit to title and lost a few hundred gems. I could get around to a lot of different areas but didn't manage to get myself free.

Im so glad people are enjoying it.
The Queen is getting the love she deserves.
Its great knowing GR2 looks to be a step up from 1 in everyway.

On mission 12, probably the most memorable part of the game.

I forgot just how far you really fall. It's a couple miles straight down at least. I love the way it changes. And the music sets the atmosphere perfectly. The world building in this game is just utterly fantastic. The visuals on the way down are unsettling. What is This world? The nature of reality is so strange and mysterious.

Top Bottom