• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I uninstalled Ninja Bladewhen it froze and stayed frozen after trying to press start to skip a cut scene that shows a bunch of enemies climbing over to where the dude is standing for the nth time. I might try it again some time in the distant future...

Tizoc

New stuff on sale now, but seems the Bargains and Deals pages have not been updated yet~

How is Partician 4? Is it a good improvement on 3?
Likewise how's Grand Ages: Rome?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, need to remember to try Ninja Blade tonight.

Also, grabbed the V8 racing game because as long as it's passable, it's worth a try.

Ledsen

New stuff on sale now, but seems the Bargains and Deals pages have not been updated yet~

How is Partician 4? Is it a good improvement on 3?
Likewise how's Grand Ages: Rome?

The gf loves GA: Rome. It's small scale enough that you still see individual little guys running around doing their chores etc, which adds charm. Lots of buildings to choose from and also some RTS-style combat.

Alexios

Downloading SSV8NC Superstar V8 Next Challenge because this looks like the Sega Rally 2 countdown. Lol.
large-3-640x350.jpeg

Tizoc

Recommended?

Tropico 4 is among the best 'building' type games, many of the GAFfers in the Steam thraed would recommend it.
Just an FYI, that buying Tropico 4+all DLC will come to around $16, which is close to its cheapest price during any recent Steam Sale.

EDIT: Is anyone else unable to add items to the cart? I added 1 game to the cart and when I went to add the 2nd and 3rd games, I kept getting an error.

Lain

I registered on playfire for the free GMG games, and playfire doesn't even seem too bad, too bad it doesn't seem to track my steam games.

Tizoc

I don't know anything about the game, but complete is always better than vanilla

Good point, guess I'll hold off for now.

OK i still can't have multiple items in the cart, would've prefered to purchase them together instead of doing the buying process twice @_@.

Tizoc

Is the site acting up for anyone else? Can't see image icons for games and can't make purchases atm, guess the site's being hammered...

Tizoc

Seems to be working fine here

Heh it stopped acting up by the time of your post, and I managed to buy the stuff I wanted~

Anyways, Darkout is avaialble for purchase for $12-
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/darkout/

Looks interesting from the description.

EDIT: New discount code is up! I feel silly now for not waiting til the usual update to make my purchases, would've saved me oh...$1 XD.
Here's the code BTW:
GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

Heh it stopped acting up by the time of your post, and I managed to buy the stuff I wanted~

Anyways, Darkout is avaialble for purchase for $12-
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/darkout/

Looks interesting from the description.

EDIT: New discount code is up! I feel silly now for not waiting til the usual update to make my purchases, would've saved me oh...$1 XD.
Here's the code BTW:
GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS
When the bulletpoint list has stuff like:
  • The game will receive several content updates all included in the initial purchase price (Items, weapons, areas, enemies and bosses)
  • Evolution of the world based on community feedback
  • Community participation in future content development
I tend to get suspicious rather than hopeful.
http://www.desura.com/games/darkout/reviews/page/2
Darkout has obviously taken strong influence from Terraria. What most sets it apart is its haunting atmosphere and its more real to life, sci-fi asthetic. The gameplay is very similar to Terraria with minor differences. You spend your time digging, collecting resources, crafting items and objects, building and improving your dwelling, and engaging the fearsome, shadowy creatures of the gloomy forested world. The world is vibrant but foreboding, dangerous but alluring to the explorer. The art representing it is the peak of the game, as it stands. However immersive use of sound and any life that could've been instilled are absent. The glow of the undergrowth excites but the trees remain statically still and the landscape sits in an uneventful silence.

The game has been released but plays as if unfinished. Bugs are common and crashes occur. There is next to nil instruction or tutorial in-game let alone on the sparsely populated forums. You can find an image depicting key-bindings which helps but still sees you meaninglessly dead and confused as to what you're meant to do and how you're meant to go about it. As of writing, one player has created a beginner's tutorial. It's rather well done and without it, this reviewer would've had nothing but frustration to write about. But, even with the video's guidance the game is geared towards severe frustration.

There is no apparent goal. There is no penalty for death.

Darkout offers the survivalist a solitary stay in an intriguing however lacklustre world. It's a worthwhile experience but far from on par with the polished and universally acclaimed Terraria. It'll never reach those heights, either. This is Terraria transformed by the dev's soft spot for sci-fi and jammed with all the 'cool stuff' that came to mind. It needed more thought and still demands more effort on their part. Six out of ten. Average but worth a play. The price? I'm not so sure about it.
So yeah, a bit put off by its apparent WIP-y nature.
Think this is the tutorial mentioned.

Tizoc

How long will Sine Mora be on sale? Might pick it up before Friday after I trade in one of the games I have.

_woLf

I'm really liking that Tomb Raider PC deal for $30 (after 15 GMG credit, which is easy to spend)....but I'm hoping there'll be a discount code coming soon.

Lingitiz

I'm really liking that Tomb Raider PC deal for $30 (after 15 GMG credit, which is easy to spend)....but I'm hoping there'll be a discount code coming soon.

Weird that they keep alternating between the credit and the discount code. I prefer the code.

Tizoc

Is there a new 25% promo code for pre-orders? Been thinking of getting Bioshock I. for a low price,. BTW the prices that appear in my region is in US dollars.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Love that emulator tutorial in the OP, I can finally disconnect my saturn, and play dragon force on my computer. Anyone know of equivelent tutorial for a dreamcast emulator?

Lain

I grabbed War of the Human Tanks Deluxe, since it's so cheap, especially with the code. It's nice that if the game makes it on Greenlight, GMG will give you a steam key as well (everyone vote for it! lol).

Zeth

About to grab Max Payne 3 Complete, any codes out there I could use? Deal is good enough on its own for me either way.
edit: read above posts, I apologize.

Alexios

I'll never play MP, so I'll just get base game if I purchase.

But the question is: Do I even want MP3?

I need answers.
I didn't like it much (I enjoyed the first two a lot at the time) but I'll go back to it at some point. Maybe. The constant obnoxious and not very stylish cut scenes and badly placed checkpoints annoyed me more than anything. Not thrilled about the cover mechanics and having to manage your dives to not be near walls and objects either. It looked and run pretty good...

Nabs

I need answers.

I love games with great shooting mechanics, so I loved this one. I pretty much stayed in shootdodge getting headshots. It's also a really good PC port.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I need answers.
As a fan of MP1 & 2 myself, I loved MP3. Sure, it had an abundance of cutscenes, but I wasn't bothered by them. Some parts of the game were frustrating, but it's still worth experiencing, and if you try long enough you'll probably beat them. And the soundtrack rocks.

Tizoc

How's Kung Fu Strike as an SP game?
...and I just know learned what V. Assassin is and am tempted to get it.

BTW are GMG games dled using Capsule restricted to only 1 PC/laptop etc.?

How's Kung Fu Strike as an SP game?

I enjoyed it. Their is not a log to the game other then fight increasingly large groups of kungfu men, but the game kinda shines that the fighting system is simple but very satisfying. The boss battles are all really fun and kinda the point when everything comes together.

Tizoc

I enjoyed it. Their is not a log to the game other then fight increasingly large groups of kungfu men, but the game kinda shines that the fighting system is simple but very satisfying. The boss battles are all really fun and kinda the point when everything comes together.

Nice, is the DLC worth getting too?

...and what's the quickest way to see all the stuff on sale? The Hot Deals page doesn't list Book of Unwritten Tales CC =_=.

AcridMeat

Banned
I went ahead and got NBA 2k13 for 9.60, see the charge as pending on my account but no key yet. Is it possible they're waiting for a new supply?

Usually when I've gotten post-release games it has been instant.

edit: Turns out the order never went through on GMG.

Top Bottom