• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
btw that bioshock deal worked for me, even though it said it expired monday, got mafia 2 and bioshock 1 downloading now!!

Would controller be a must then? I have a few issues with setting them up on my laptop.

It's not unplayable with m&k, I played the first few hours with them. But when I got my controller hooked up I didn't go back. The shooting and driving were fine with m&k but the melee does benefit from an analog stick and buttons you can hammer without fear of breaking.

It's totally worth playing although very long. Expect ~80 hours if you want to beat it. The PC version added some minor things that makes it a better experience than the 360 version.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Definitely worth picking up for that price. PC version has quite a few changes/improvements over console.

Edit: And yeah, as Easy_D said below me, traditional grinding is not something you want to do in this game--it'll only work against you.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So, The Last Remnant for 3$ using coupon GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

It's also steamworks apparently, worth it?

Anyone here have played it?

EDIT: Fuck it, just bought it. Hopefully it's good

Yeah it's good. However, I recommend to read some beginner's guide. It has some weird things going for it.

Like how grinding can serve to make the game tough as nails. (Since consecutive wins increases Battle Rank, aka difficulty). It has great music and a fun battle system though, totally worth it for 3.

Hofmann

Kingdoms of Amalur for $6. I've never been much interested in this game, but it's pretty cheap, so it's probably worth it, right GAF?

Bigjelly

Banned
Kingdoms of Amalur for $6. I've never been much interested in this game, but it's pretty cheap, so it's probably worth it, right GAF?
I personally like the game alot! for that price it's a steal and will give you many fun hours or Action RPG'ing..

Hofmann

I personally like the game alot! for that price it's a steal and will give you many fun hours or Action RPG'ing..

I took a glimpse at a few reviews and it seems like it is more action/adventure oriented with some RPG elements - I may like it, thanks.

Atomski

Is this euro only or something? Ive been meaning to pick this game up for a while but it shows it at 30 dollars for me.

Rainy Dog

"Splinter Cell Conviction" only playable using Capsule? :/

Nope, use's Uplay. Is a bit of a farce though as it downloads once with Capsule, but then activates on Uplay and requires downloading again through Uplay. But once it's downloaded and installed through Uplay, only requires that active to play.

Still, is preferrable to the Steam version in my opinion as that requires both Steam and Uplay to launch and play which is just ridiculous.

Megasoum

Banned
Nope, use's Uplay. Is a bit of a farce though as it downloads once with Capsule, but then activates on Uplay and requires downloading again through Uplay. But once it's downloaded and installed through Uplay, only requires that active to play.

Still, is preferrable to the Steam version in my opinion as that requires both Steam and Uplay to launch and play which is just ridiculous.

Can't you just take the cd-key from the website and enter it directly in uplay?

Xanathus

Nope, Uplay doesn't have the option. You've got to download it through Capsule and then again through Uplay.

There's actually a way to register games into Uplay using just the CD-key, it's in the OP in a thread about Uplay here on GAF. Go search for it.

Zemm

Why is this website such a ballache to use? I'm trying to buy a game, but it says i need to activate my email address. I've bought Dark Souls from these guys before so I've already done this, and they aren't sending me an email so I can activate. Is there a way to force it? I can't see anything in the settings.

edit: fixed that, won't accept payment now, the only site that won't, just gonna buy from amazon instead.

Manager

Does anyone know if it's the same thing with Rayman Origins? That you can re-activate it through uPlay (or use the CD key fix). The game info page says Capsule.

Nokterian

Hitman Absolution Proffesional Edition is 15 euro's with the 20% off voucher 12 euro's. I cannot believe how hard the price is dropped. Well gonna dig in for that price it is a steal.

xandaca

Hitman Absolution Proffesional Edition is 15 euro's with the 20% off voucher 12 euro's. I cannot believe how hard the price is dropped. Well gonna dig in for that price it is a steal.

Tried to get this, but my card number wasn't accepted for whatever reason. Annoying.

Really? Wow. It's the first time I ordered there, do they always do that? If so it's definately my first and last time.

It depends. I've gotten some on release day and others way before. GMG is pretty good though. If you want a refund just email them. There support is awesome. TBH I wouldn't worry about it since there is no preload on simcity anyway. We are all at the mercy of EA's servers on release day.

gamma

It depends. I've gotten some on release day and others way before. GMG is pretty good though. If you want a refund just email them. There support is awesome. TBH I wouldn't worry about it since there is no preload on simcity anyway. We are all at the mercy of EA's servers on release day.

Yeah but they should really send keys to pre-orders first even if everyone gets the key in time anyway. Just for the peace of mind.

dmr87

Tomb Raider for $36 is tempting...

It sure is.

ujm.png

Top Bottom