• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

Hofmann

So I want to buy Anno 1404, but it's written that it needs capsule to play. Is it only needed for download/installation or do I have to actually play it through the client?

Lime

So I want to buy Anno 1404, but it's written that it needs capsule to play. Is it only needed for download/installation or do I have to actually play it through the client?

I didn't with some of the Ubisoft titles. They got activated on the (abhorrent) uplay software and now I can just launch them like a regular game.

EvaristeG

Banned
Tomb Raider is not listed in the keys section.
Didn't get any confirmation email either... maybe the order didn't get through ?

Addnan

Tomb Raider is not listed in the keys section.
Didn't get any confirmation email either... maybe the order didn't get through ?
You should have got a confirmation email., that is odd, is it under games? If its not there I would assume that order did not go through.

Rufus

"Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play." is what it says on its store page. I think 1404 uses Tages, so it's probably just an activation code for that.

I have received it and installed it but been barely been able to play. :(

I'm not sure if they will refund it. You should give it a try anyways. This shit is ridiculous.

GMG tends to be firm on not doing refunds once you have the CD Key so I don't know how far you will get for them.

EA? Well, they're EA. Maybe the Sim City is down through will give you more feedback.

I'm not sure if they will refund it. You should give it a try anyways. This shit is ridiculous.

GMG tends to be firm on not doing refunds once you have the CD Key so I don't know how far you will get for them.

EA? Well, they're EA. Maybe the Sim City is down through will give you more feedback.
If I can get a refund I'll take it. If not then oh well shame on me for not waiting for reviews. I did not realize how neutered this game is compared to its predecessors (how much will the game truly cost in the end?).

Anyway thanks for your feedback. I'll try with EA.

Spazo

If I can get a refund I'll take it. If not then oh well shame on me for not waiting for reviews. I did not realize how neutered this game is compared to its predecessors (how much will the game truly cost in the end?).

Anyway thanks for your feedback. I'll try with EA.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/about/refund-policy/

Refunds or credits will be issued solely at Green Man Gaming's discretion. Refunds may be offered if all the following conditions are met:

- The time of your request for refund/credit is no more than 7 days from time of purchase

- The game has not been activated or downloaded

- The game activation key (including any bonus or beta keys) have not been disclosed to you by email or webpage

- Physical games are for UK distribution only. Any attempt to purchase these outside the UK (using a proxy or VPN, etc) will result in a loss purchase and will not be refunded

- We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins

- We find your request reasonable due to special circumstances

- Paypal refunds CAN NOT be processed after 60 days from purchase

- Goods lost in post will be refunded within 30 days

Please note: This means that NO refunds will be offered for MMO titles, Steam, UPlay, Origin and Games for Windows Live (GFWL) titles where the key has been disclosed to you or sent by e-mail. All such sales are final.

Vitor711

Any chance GMG can have Age of Empires II HD for purchase off their site?

Haven't seen it yet. I'm tempted but even at the 10% price on steam, it seems a little steep. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favourite games of all time, but I still have the original CDs lying around. Not sure £15 is a decent press for a HD repack.

£10? Maybe. £5? Sold. Guess I'll wait for a steam sale.

Tizoc

Is there a way to buy a game you already bought from GMG? I wanna buy the Cave to gift to a friend who is unable to purchases from GMG.

Well, first experience with their customer service in-coming, lets see how it goes. Requested refund on Sim City.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/about/refund-policy/

Refunds or credits will be issued solely at Green Man Gaming's discretion. Refunds may be offered if all the following conditions are met:

- The time of your request for refund/credit is no more than 7 days from time of purchase

- The game has not been activated or downloaded

- The game activation key (including any bonus or beta keys) have not been disclosed to you by email or webpage

- Physical games are for UK distribution only. Any attempt to purchase these outside the UK (using a proxy or VPN, etc) will result in a loss purchase and will not be refunded

- We are unable to process refunds 48 hours before a game is due to be released or preload begins

- We find your request reasonable due to special circumstances

- Paypal refunds CAN NOT be processed after 60 days from purchase

- Goods lost in post will be refunded within 30 days

Please note: This means that NO refunds will be offered for MMO titles, Steam, UPlay, Origin and Games for Windows Live (GFWL) titles where the key has been disclosed to you or sent by e-mail. All such sales are final.

Now I see this post. Interesting. They also say this too:

EU Customers:

If you reside in the European Union and you purchase a Product the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 may apply, and you may have the right to withdraw from your purchase within fourteen calendar days, commencing on the day after the date of purchase (the "Cooling Off Period"). You will lose your right of withdrawal if you start downloading your product, or if the performance of our services has begun (such as if the Product activation key has been disclosed to you), before the end of the Cooling Off Period. Please note that if you purchase services from us, the performance of our services will begin immediately after you have received our purchase confirmation email. To withdraw from your purchase within the Cooling Off Period, please contact Customer Service. If you withdraw from your purchase within the Cooling Off Period, we will provide you with a refund for your purchase.

Not sure that's entirely fair. See how it goes.

I sense a long back and forth between GMG and I to resolve this refund. They're just spam replying the T&C, and seemingly ignoring anything I've written. Next stop escalation and if that doesn't resolve much, an email to CBA and Trading Standards for advice.

Pretty sure you can't place T&C that over rule European Law.

dani_dc

I sense a long back and forth between GMG and I to resolve this refund. They're just spam replying the T&C, and seemingly ignoring anything I've written. Next stop escalation and if that doesn't resolve much, an email to CBA and Trading Standards for advice.

Companies can't disregard the law just because they have T&C/EULA/ToS saying so.
It's an issue with digital items sales overall (not just GMG specific), and hopefully something that starts being regulated better in the years to come with the increase of the sales of digital products.

Best of luck to you.

Phinor

Everyone knows GMG is in an impossible situation now. It's not possible for them to revoke the key they gave you so if they give you your money back, you have the game for free and GMG has lost a bunch of money.

If they decided to eat up the cost of a game, it would quickly turn into people ordering games, using the keys and requesting refunds effectively bankrupting GMG in days. It's pointless to say "that wouldn't happen" because if you know Internet at all, it would happen in an instant. If there's a remote possibility for anything free, there's tens of thousands of people ready to abuse the system.

Now their own T&C might be against the law in specific countries, but generally the law is really out of date when it comes to digital business. It just doesn't work the same way retail business does. The day will come soon enough when someone tests the waters with this stuff and who knows what happens then.

Everyone knows GMG is in an impossible situation now. It's not possible for them to revoke the key they gave you so if they give you your money back, you have the game for free and GMG has lost a bunch of money.

I appreciate that, but why should consumers be the ones who suffer. Just as we should be able to claim back our money on a horribly broken product (SimCity), GMG should be able to reclaim money lost from the publisher they paid for x amount of keys.

I find it hard to believe that GMG aren't aware of the issues with SimCity, since they have a somewhat active profile on GAF/internet. I'd like to think I haven't super arsey in the emails/requests.

Burger

I am also asking GMG for a refund.

It's not my fault they didn't manufacture the product. It's in clear breach of EU non conformity laws. I'm within my 7 day cooling off period and I want the product refunded.

dani_dc

If they decided to eat up the cost of a game, it would quickly turn into people ordering games, using the keys and requesting refunds effectively bankrupting GMG in days. It's pointless to say "that wouldn't happen" because if you know Internet at all, it would happen in an instant. If there's a remote possibility for anything free, there's tens of thousands of people ready to abuse the system.

Now their own T&C might be against the law in specific countries, but generally the law is really out of date when it comes to digital business. It just doesn't work the same way retail business does. The day will come soon enough when someone tests the waters with this stuff and who knows what happens then.

And if that's the case then GMG (and other retail stores) should work out a way to work with publishers to deactivate keys from accounts in the event of a refund.
Just the other day developers of Natural Selection deactivated 1,341 Steam keys, there's nothing technically unfeasable about Origin/Uplay/Steam creating a system to allow stores deactivate or disconnect keys from a certain account.

The laws aren't outdated, the players involved (stores and publishers, especially the latter I imagine) just aren't interested in the idea of offering refunds.

Phinor

I appreciate that, but why should consumers be the ones who suffer. Just as we should be able to claim back our money on a horribly broken product (SimCity), GMG should be able to reclaim money lost from the publisher they paid for x amount of keys.

I find it hard to believe that GMG aren't aware of the issues with SimCity, since they have a somewhat active profile on GAF/internet. I'd like to think I haven't super arsey in the emails/requests.

Why should consumer suffer from what specifically? Not being able to play a game for few days? SimCity is now up and running and for the server woes you will be compensated with a game provided by EA. It's EA's mess and if they cared enough, they would have handled the issue by giving all these non-EA stores instructions regarding refunds and such. Obviously EA didn't care THAT much and the individual stores are pretty powerless with EA.

I'm sure GMG (as well as hundreds of other stores selling digital copies of SimCity) is aware of the problems the game had but what can they realistically do?

Why should consumer suffer from what specifically? Not being able to play a game for few days? SimCity is now up and running and for the server woes you will be compensated with a game provided by EA. It's EA's mess and if they cared enough, they would have handled the issue by giving all these non-EA stores instructions regarding refunds and such. Obviously EA didn't care THAT much and the individual stores are pretty powerless with EA.

I'm sure GMG (as well as hundreds of other stores selling digital copies of SimCity) is aware of the problems the game had but what can they realistically do?

Be denied refunds on a game that doesn't work, eats your save files, and has fundamentally poor AI.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Be denied refunds on a game that doesn't work, eats your save files, and has fundamentally poor AI.

So individual satisfaction with the quality of a game should be GMG's liability?

There's nothing specific to GMG or any other distributor for the problems with Sim City. It's all on EA. It's just not realistic to expect GMG to refund everyone's purchase any eat the cost of the games.

Yes, but if the game is not as advertised (such as the promise of intelligent individual 'sims' that you can follow through out the day) you can return it for a refund (at least within the UK). Regardless of who's fault it is, you go back to the place of purchase.

Indie game sale this weekend at Green Man Gaming

20% off code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS (might work)

Code:
Air Buccaneers	$14.99 [B]$5.09[/B]	Steam
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord	$19.99 [B]$9.99[/B]
10 000 000	$4.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Asguaard	$28.94 [B]$11.57[/B]
Avernum: Escape From The Pit	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Avoid	$3.49 [B]$0.87[/B]	
Awesomenauts	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Bob Came in Pieces	$6.49 [B]$1.62[/B]	
Bounders and Cads	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]
Cargo Commander	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Cell HD: emergence	$5.99 [B]$1.49[/B]	
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare	$24.99 [B]$12.49[/B]	Steam
Costume Quest	$14.99 [B]$7.49[/B]	Steam
CreaVures	$5.00 [B]$1.25[/B]	Steam
Dark Scavenger	$4.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	
Dark Sector	$9.95 [B]$2.48[/B]	
Darkout	$14.99 [B]$7.49[/B]
Dawnstar	$10.00 [B]$2.50[/B]
Dead Pixels	$2.99 [B]$1.49[/B]	Steam
Dear Esther	$6.94 [B]$1.38[/B]	
Deer Hunt Legends	$19.99 [B]$9.99[/B]
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller Episode 1: The Hangman	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 2: The Wise Monkey	$9.99 [B]$6.99[/B]
Driftmoon	$14.99 [B]$11.99[/B]
Drip Drip	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
Dustforce	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]
Euro Truck Simulator 2	$29.99 [B]$22.49[/B]	Steam
Guns of Icarus Online	$19.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Hamiltons Great Adventure	$9.95 [B]$2.48[/B]	Steam
Hypersonic 4	$3.99 [B]$1.99[/B]
iBomber Attack	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]	Steam
iBomber Defence	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]	Steam
iBomber Defense Pacific	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]	Steam
International Snooker	$12.99 [B]$6.49[/B]
Kairo	$7.99 [B]$3.99[/B]
Krater	$14.99	[B]$3.74[/B]	Steam
Laxius Force	$9.99 [B]$3.99[/B]
Manhunter	$14.99 [B]$7.49[/B]
Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]
Nancy Drew - Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]
Nancy Drew - The Final Scene	$6.99 [B]$3.49[/B]
Puddle	$8.99 [B]$4.49[/B] Steam
Psychonauts	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
Primal Carnage	$14.99 [B]$5.09[/B]	Steam
Patterns	$19.95 [B]$9.95[/B]	Steam
PID	$9.99 [B]$3.39[/B]	Steam
Ninja Blade	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
Q.U.B.E.	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Ravaged	$9.99 [B]$3.39[/B]	Steam
Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned!	$4.99	[B]$1.69[/B]
Rise of the Ravager	$4.99 [B]$3.99[/B]
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken	$9.99 [B]$3.39[/B]	Steam
ShadO	$10.99 [B]$3.73[/B]	Steam
Smooth Operators: Call Center Chaos	$5.99 [B]$2.03[/B]
Space Pirates And Zombies	$14.95 [B]$5.08[/B]
Super Meat Boy	$14.99 [B]$3.74[/B]	Steam
Storm in a Teacup	$5.99 [B]$2.99[/B]	Steam
Strike Suit Zero	$19.99 [B]$14.99[/B]	Steam
Strike Suit Zero Collector's Edition	$29.99 [B]$22.49[/B]	Steam
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory	$6.99 [B]$2.37[/B]	Steam
Sword of the Stars: The Pit	$9.99 [B]$8.99[/B]	Steam
Swords and Soldiers	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Swords and Soldiers: Super Saucy Sausage Fest	$1.99 [B]$0.49[/B]	Steam
The Basement Collection	$3.99 [B]$0.99[/B]	Steam
The Journey Down: Chapter One (NA)	$13.99 [B]$3.49[/B]	Steam
They Bleed Pixels	$9.99 [B]$4.99[/B]	Steam
They Bleed Pixels + Soundtrack	$12.99 [B]$6.49[/B]	Steam
Trine	$4.99 [B]$1.24[/B]
Three Dead Zed	$4.99[B] $0.99[/B]
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]	Steam
Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers Soundtrack Edition	$14.99 [B]$3.74[/B]	Steam	
To The Moon	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
UFO Extraterrestrials GOLD Edition	$14.95 [B]$7.47[/B]	
Unstoppable Gorg	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
War of the Human Tanks	$9.99 [B]$2.49[/B]
War of the Human Tanks Deluxe Edition	$11.99 [B]$2.99[/B]
Zombies.	$3.99 [B]$1.35[/B]

No reply from GMG over the last 48+ hours after asking to speak to a Supervisor/Manager. Granted it's the 'weekend', so will so what happens.

Customer Service Number: (0) 330 500 1515 goes straight to voicemail too. Nice.

Dimmuxx

The Amiga Brotherhood
Civilization V sale on now with for example Gold Edition for $16.99.

It's nice to buy a lot of games now that I bought a gaming PC again. :p

Prezhulio

They've added XCOM to the BioShock Infinite pre-purchase bundle.

Too many good deals for bioshock infinite floating Around.

So it's $46+a choice of 4 2k games+xcom at gmg? Or is there another discount code I could be missing?

Amazon is $30 towards 2k games+xcom?

Steam is bioshock+tf2 hats+xcom?

Tempted to bite on the gmg deal, even though I have xcom and most of the games on the extra game list...

Megasoum

Banned
Too many good deals for bioshock infinite floating Around.

So it's $46+a choice of 4 2k games+xcom at gmg? Or is there another discount code I could be missing?

Amazon is $30 towards 2k games+xcom?

Steam is bioshock+tf2 hats+xcom?

Tempted to bite on the gmg deal, even though I have xcom and most of the games on the extra game list...

You get:

-Infinite (obviously)
-Bioshock 1
-A choice of 1 game between Bio2, Spec Ops, Darkness 2, Mafia 2 or Civ5
-X-Com

Bumhead

Banned
So do existing Infinite pre-orders get XCOM as well now?

Placed a pre-order the first weekend the 2 game deal was available, so not sure if I'm eligible for XCOM. I'd like to be.

Megasoum

Banned
So do existing Infinite pre-orders get XCOM as well now?

Placed a pre-order the first weekend the 2 game deal was available, so not sure if I'm eligible for XCOM. I'd like to be.

Yup that was confirmed that we still get it but they haven't really given any details. They are supposed to write a blog post later today to give all the details.

Bumhead

Banned
Yup that was confirmed that we still get it but they haven't really given any details. They are supposed to write a blog post later today to give all the details.

Excellent.

£24 for Infinite and 3 free games.. absolutely crazy stuff. I've already thoroughly enjoyed Spec Ops, have heard great things about XCOM and am super hyped for Infinite.

Top Bottom