• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

I loved Xcom Enemy Unknown. 2012 game of the year in my eyes. So I'm not really sure how I feel about the Bureau Xcom Declassified. Looks like it has potential but I'm not quite sure if I want to preorder.

That being said, this offer is making it kind of hard for me not to preorder. Only $45 with $12 GMG credit and copies of the DLC, Spec Ops, and Enemy Unknown.

What does GAF think?

hmm that is tempting, especially if it unlocks the x-com collection at tier 3, that thing is $93 on the Australian steam store
wut

But I don't pre order games anymore. Too risky.

I think The Bureau looks really neat and am just waiting to see what Steam has to offer in their preorder package (hats?) before deciding whether or not to jump on this deal (which looks pretty good).

FWIW The Bureau looks like a Mass Effect style game with less characterization and decision making, but more customization and better ability to manage combat. I do think the hook for the game is going to be whether or not an XCOM origin story is something you're interested in or not-if you can't buy into the setting I think it starts to become a much harder sell.

Actually Steam has the exact same bonuses as of now, except for the $12 credit of course.

And I know at least for me, I'm just craving anything XCOM. I thought Firaxis said they had one more DLC pack planned for EU but I can't remember seeing anything about it since last year.

xBlain

For the peeps in the UK with a 360 or ps3
Rycocd0.png

http://t.co/O0S7mKO1lB

Lain

Does anyone knows if GMG is going to add back the Saints Row games anytime soon? I went to see what kind of deal there was on Saints Row 4, but the game is nowhere to be found for me on the site (no SR games show up for me searching even).

Anteater

Can I still use vpn or remote desktop through my friend's computer (located in north america) to create an account and get the NA version of the site? I want to buy FFXIV on there and apparently it detects my IP as the "rest of the world" and it would give me an EU registration code, my Square-Enix account is NA.

I don't know why they just don't let me choose the region, sigh.

duppolo

nice, how can we send money to each other? paypal? i can take 2 copies of the game, so if you two confirm and someone of you can buy on greenman we can do this. i can give you 6 euro via paypal

Rome 2 preorder is $50 now instead of $60 as it was last week. Should I jump on it now or do coupon codes and further discounts come up as we get closer to the release date?

Bittercup

First time I'm trying to buy something from Green Man Gaming but every time I try to pay I get an error "Oops, we cannot compute! Can you please check your card details and enter them again? Thanks."
edit: the support fixed it for me

Lain

OK, who's buying the pack? I can buy it but it's fine if one of you does it. Just don't forget to use the voucher =p

Lain

I'll buy it I guess. Doing it now.

Edit: Pack bought.

So 1 key for me, 1 for Duppolo and 2 for Sordid, right?

Going to send PMs with info for paypal in the mean time.

Mrbob

Rome 2 preorder is $50 now instead of $60 as it was last week. Should I jump on it now or do coupon codes and further discounts come up as we get closer to the release date?

Tough to say. It's been cheaper already for pre order in the past ( $44.99 with a 25 percent coupon in the past or $47.99 with 20 percent coupon ) but no one knows if it will be cheaper again before launch. Does a potential 2 to 5 dollar savings matter to you versus the possibility it may not be as cheap again before launch.

So, no SRIV PC on GMG (unless it's not up yet?). And no retail version either, according to Amazon UK. Guess that explains the £39.99 price on Steam where-as Rome II, for example is just £29.99. Volition and Deep Silver can fuck themselves.....until the price drops to under £25.

So, no SRIV PC on GMG (unless it's not up yet?). And no retail version either, according to Amazon UK. Guess that explains the £39.99 price on Steam where-as Rome II, for example is just £29.99. Volition and Deep Silver can fuck themselves.....until the price drops to under £25.

I've been waiting and waiting for an SR4 deal but there's nothing. I usually get games I'm really anticipating on day one. This blows purple dildos.

jediyoshi

Seeing as all of SR is now off GMG NA, I'm guessing the new publisher had something to say about it

Why isn't the 20 off code on the front page working? Is it working for anyone? It says not valid when I put it in for SR4. Also tried Payday 2 same thing

GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Batman's up on GMG and the 25% voucher works on it for anyone interested.
Still too expensive, IMHO.
What's up with the 49.99EUR base price? :(
I have Batman on preorder from Zavvi for 26.98GBP (PC disc release).
Even with the 25% off, Zavvi is still cheaper.

I hate the prices of day one digital releases.

Top Bottom