• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

DagsJT

Slowly but sure, publishers are trying to put prices of PC games up and have £39.99 as the new standard. Not going to work, especially when you can't resell the games.

Addnan

Slowly but sure, publishers are trying to put prices of PC games up and have £39.99 as the new standard. Not going to work, especially when you can't resell the games.

29.99 on steam. Not sure why batman is 39.99 at GMG. It's not even worth the hassle of going through the middle man. Same price as steam with 25% off.

Which is kinda disgusting when you realize that you're effectively subsidizing the "poor retailers".
No royalties, no packaging, transport, etc. and the still want rip you off.

Well...nope.

Oh, I forgot..."we're paying for the convenience." *roll eyes*

Sorry guys, I just hate this pricing policies, that's why I'm so...angry.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Which is kinda disgusting when you realize that you're effectively subsidizing the "poor retailers".
No royalties, no packaging, transport, etc. and the still want rip you off.
If it is on Steam, Valve takes a 30% cut, which is pretty significant. I don't know about other stores, but 30% is pretty big. It isn't as much as the total overhead for all related costs of a retail console release, but then PC sales are also much less than consoles and fall off a lot harder. If you get the much-lower cost a few months later, why complain?

Big Total War sale is going on but it doesn't look like there are any further discounts or vouchers for Rome 2. This good timing for me because I wanted to grab the Shogun campaigns I didn't already have.

Firebrand

Big Total War sale is going on but it doesn't look like there are any further discounts or vouchers for Rome 2. This good timing for me because I wanted to grab the Shogun campaigns I didn't already have.
Thanks for the heads-up, just recently tried out Shogun 2 and was looking to pick up at least the Ikko-Ikki clan pack, and maybe Rise.

Leks

Does Rayman Origins included in Rayman Legends pre-order deal have a code to enter in Uplay? Thanks for the answer.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I guess there's no voucher coupons good for any game today? Usually I see them on the front page.

edit: Nevermind, found GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Risgroo

Simple question regarding preorders: When do I get my Steam key? A day or two before release I hope? Gotta have Rome II preloaded!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like the download version of Batman AO is now £29.99 on GMG and you can use the 25% off voucher GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H to bring it down further to £22.50

I rarely buy games day one.
Batman: AO I'm getting day one and I have every right to complain about 50EUR digital vs. 27GBP physical edition. It's nonsense, pure and simple.

That's not a digital vs physical difference, that's an Europe vs UK pricing difference. UK pays less than the rest of Europe for games for no real reason.

On GMG, you should register a GMG account through a US proxy and get USD prices that way. That way you will always buy in USD whenever logged in to that account.

PaulLFC

I noticed this, I've even seen some listed for £44.99. Not happening, I refuse to buy any standard edition PC game for over £29.99.

pleunv

Just bought Kingdoms of Amalur from EU with a US proxy, got the keys, can't activate on Origin. Possible that Origin titles are region locked? :/

Facism

yup, this nonsense console-gaming pricepoint they're trying to push just means i won't be buying unless it's a deal or steam sale. Just pushing me from day 1 on all pc purchases to "maybe one day if it's £3.50."

Wish i could use GMG US pricing but my paypal account is limited and I doubt my UK-based card would be accepted.

Wish i could use GMG US pricing but my paypal account is limited and I doubt my UK-based card would be accepted.
My Finnish card was accepted with no problems. Type in your correct information, it will not change pricing. Regional prices are ONLY based on the region you sent the account registration form in, not your information or anything else.

Just bought Kingdoms of Amalur from EU with a US proxy, got the keys, can't activate on Origin. Possible that Origin titles are region locked? :/
Did you buy with a proxy or did you use an account created through a proxy? You should be CREATING A GMG ACCOUNT through a proxy, NOT BUYING. If you do it right, EA games should be in British Pounds.

EA games and Namco Bandai games do not get USD pricing through this trick - EA games are in Pounds and Namco Bandai games stay in euros. Everything else becomes USD though.

Facism

My Finnish card was accepted with no problems. Type in your correct information, it will not change pricing. Regional prices are ONLY based on the region you sent the account registration form in, not your information or anything else.

Did you buy with a proxy or did you use an account created through a proxy? You should be CREATING A GMG ACCOUNT through a proxy, NOT BUYING. If you do it right, EA games should be in British Pounds.

EA games and Namco Bandai games do not get USD pricing through this trick - EA games are in Pounds and Namco Bandai games stay in euros. Everything else becomes USD though.
Cheers.

paypal is really pissing me off. trying to get a security code via mobile and i'm being charged £1 for every sms they send, and they won't let me unlink the number.

Did anyone buy Splinter Cell Blacklist on GMG? The code I got is not working in Uplay. I installed the game through Capsule, and now I have no idea what I am supposed to do. The code isn't working.

kafiend

Did anyone buy Splinter Cell Blacklist on GMG? The code I got is not working in Uplay. I installed the game through Capsule, and now I have no idea what I am supposed to do. The code isn't working.

I got Blacklist through the Ubistore a month or so ago thanks to a kind Gaffer. The order there is still not showing a key to enable me to pre-download it. Maybe its just not available for install yet :(

Addnan

I got Blacklist through the Ubistore a month or so ago thanks to a kind Gaffer. The order there is still not showing a key to enable me to pre-download it. Maybe its just not available for install yet :(

Can you actually see it in you uplay library? My one is not even there. I don't understand uplay, game lunaches in 7 hours here.

sonicmj1

My Asia-region SR4 code still hasn't shown up yet. I feel like all my e-mail support gets automatically routed into some pre-determined answer script, and so far all they've done is tell me my key will arrive "soon", which is the same story I've heard since the 19th.

I don't want to make an international call to their support number if I don't have to. Is their phone support more responsive?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Not even a MK fan but I bite at that price. How does this game control as far as button layout. Just curious. Strong and weak punches and kicks or is it like MK always is? I've not played one since MK3.

megamerican

Remember me for $24 after using the voucher is tempting me.... Opinions GAF?

Eh... I bought it for around that price and while I don't regret it, I haven't bothered to wrap it up either.

It's an interesting game that's worth playing. But it does have a lot of faults, and given its performance, I would definitely seeing it being a lot cheaper pretty sooner. Unless you're really hurting for something to play, I say wait it out.

Resident Evil 6 for $16 with code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB. Totally worth it on PC for No Mercy Mercenaries.

I'm watching you, DeafMutes.

That said, how long do we think this deal will last? I assume it's not the 30th like the code, but sooner.

Raxus

Resident Evil 6 for $16 with code GMG20-KCDKK-H4TPB. Totally worth it on PC for No Mercy Mercenaries.

I'm watching you, DeafMutes.

That said, how long do we think this deal will last? I assume it's not the 30th like the code, but sooner.

Does it use GFWL? Because RE5 did.

sonicmj1

Over 48 hours since SRIV unlocked for release, and still no key or any sense for when one will arrive.

Not sure I can ever trust GMG again.

Top Bottom