• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Seanspeed

Banned
So is there any way to get rid of the $1,000,000 in pre-order gift money, so that I can play the game with normal progression? I don't want to start out with a ton of cash. Like, can I blow it on a bunch of useless stupid shit pretty quickly or something?

Kinthalis

Banned
I agree, but it's the way it is. Makes no sense to me considering it can record 130MBPs at 4K, but not 1080P which should have even less data to process to get a video. Maybe it's just me, but oh well.

While I agree that there hsould be no pre-imposed limits, unless you are offfering a direct feed to the high bit rate video file somewhere, does it relaly matter? If the endpoint is Youtube, then 50 mbps is more than plenty for editing and release.

artsi

So is there any way to get rid of the $1,000,000 in pre-order gift money, so that I can play the game with normal progression? I don't want to start out with a ton of cash. Like, can I blow it on a bunch of useless stupid shit pretty quickly or something?

Well I guess you can buy some fancy vehicles, and then just leave them to your garage.

Seanspeed

Banned
While I agree that there hsould be no pre-imposed limits, unless you are offfering a direct feed to the high bit rate video file somewhere, does it relaly matter? If the endpoint is Youtube, then 50 mbps is more than plenty for editing and release.
The higher quality you can get, the better, because Youtube will always degrade quality further.

Well I guess you can buy some fancy vehicles, and then just leave them to your garage.
That's exactly what I *don't* want to do.

Buzzbrad

Make it rain at the strip club.

Kinthalis

Banned
The higher quality you can get, the better, because Youtube will always degrade quality further.

Well that's my point. Youtube isn't going to encode at anywhere near 50 mbps. It doesn't matter if you have a 200 mbps or, hell, even pristine uncompressed video that's just a bunch of bmp frames. IT won't make a difference once youtube gets it's algorithms on it.

RK9039

Buy all the clothes and all the haircuts.

Xyber

Better quality source files will always be preferable when having to render it again.

Well that's my point. Youtube isn't going to encode at anywhere near 50 mbps. It doesn't matter if you have a 200 mbps or, hell, even pristine uncompressed video that's just a bunch of bmp frames. IT won't make a difference once youtube gets it's algorithms on it.

The shadowplay files won't be flawless, then re-rending those compressed files will only make that worse and then you add even more compression from youtube on top of that. Limiting the amount of compression as much as possible for the source file will still be a good thing.

funo

Started playing on PS3 and couldn't get past ~20% of the main story because of the abysmal framerate.
Gladly double dipping now to finish the story on PC!

Any PCGAF crews forming already?

daviyoung

Banned
Pre-ordered but won't be anywhere near my gaming PC for a while.

Quick (and stupid) question. If I redeem my code on Rockstar Social Club now, is the game locked to the PC I used to redeem the code?

Sarcasm

Pre-ordered but won't be anywhere near my gaming PC for a while.

Quick (and stupid) question. If I redeem my code on Rockstar Social Club now, is the game locked to the PC I used to redeem the code?

This isn't late 1990/early 2000 anymore.

I don't know but I bet no you can log in and see what you own on their thing.

TxdoHawk

Having played and beaten this on PS3, I really should not even be excited. But I'm looking forward to getting back into multiplayer with a whole bunch of fresh faces, since I never really gave it an honest shot last time around, plus heists.

Three

The mods are going to be glorious.

You're glorious too bish but I'm talking about the other type of mods

etta

my hard graphic balls
The mods are going to be glorious.

You're glorious too bish but I'm talking about the other type of mods

Don't expect them right away. I think Rockstar said they should/would be cool with mods that don't affect the online experience, but I am sure they will take their sweet time to release the mod tools. And then there's gonna be a whole bunch of people who will try to make mods for online anyway, which might delay the whole process.

OT title, lol. Much better title than the lazy NextGen title (for shame Nextgen OP!), not as good as the original GTA V OT god tier title.

Won't be able to get this but can't wait to see the imagery people share. Also whenever something comes out on PC people end up finding hints and things in the code that might reveal future plans.

Branson

Don't expect them right away. I think Rockstar said they should/would be cool with mods that don't affect the online experience, but I am sure they will take their sweet time to release the mod tools. And then there's gonna be a whole bunch of people who will try to make mods for online anyway, which might delay the whole process.
I don't think you should expect any mod tools. That would be a lovely surprise though.

Is.. Is this PC only?
735.gif

Yes

d00d3n

Mouse hand. Pointer and ring finger.

Middle finger to aim, thumb on side button to shoot? GTA games usually don't require more than two buttons on the mouse hand side.

Edit: Alternatively, using a gamepad would mostly work, only difficulty would be reaching rb.

Can I blow big bucks there? What about gambling?

Or are there gun/ammo shops where I can just keep buying loads of ammo, using it then coming back and so on?

Just put your money in the stock market, then leave it in there. Also I'm guessing the money will be split between the three main characters, so it won't be too ridiculous.

Top Bottom