• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

rocK`

Banned
Can't see OT on mobile. Lame.

Played through story mode in PS3. Left side quests and adventuring/shenanigans for Pc given mods. Excited!

Mitch

Banned
Got my copy from Nuuvem a few minutes ago. Taking my PC to the office so I can use their connection.

Add me on RSC! Mitchbot

Xyber

I have the pre-loaded files ready on my HDD. But I'm gonna try and just download it all directly to the SSD when it launches, since that will most likely be WAAAY faster than unpacking it for me.

TkBdxNV.png

Vintage

I sometimes like watching "Highlight reel" videos from Kotaku which shows cool gameplay clips from various games. It surprises me that after 1.5 years after release of this game there's at least a few GTAV videos every week.

This will be the first time me touching GTA V, can't wait! Too bad it unlocks at 2 am, will have to wait until evening to play :(

Nice thread title.

My order from gamestopuk doesn't seem to have been posted yet. Usually online retailers post a few days before or at least 1-2. Seems they're going to post tomorrow. :(

I normally use shopto play.com gameseek amazon but had to go with gamestopuk, don't think I'll bother next time, could be my first and last order with them.

How is the status with other UK boxed version orders on GAF? Has yours been posted yet or are we all getting this late due to very strict Rockstar or something?

EDIT, just got an email saying it's shipped, I jumped the gun by 15 mins.

Madness

Is anyone playing it yet? I've seen a few unboxing so I know a few places, people have it. But I haven't seen any streams or videos yet. Can't wait to see what maxed PC settings are like.

Is anyone playing it yet? I've seen a few unboxing so I know a few places, people have it. But I haven't seen any streams or videos yet. Can't wait to see what maxed PC settings are like.

I think that even retail copies will go through activation and will only be available at launch (12AM UK and PT in Europe).

artsi

I feel pretty bad buying this for both PS3 and PS4, never getting around to finish it and now I'm preloading the PC version. But this one I'll try to play for the worth of the whole 150 euros I've spent so far.

That's actually not true at all. Even when there was a glitch with shooting your car to have burning engine while in front of garage to duplicate another car - you could've used silenced weapons all you want, there were no cops if there were no npcs looking at you.
The wanted level is very NPC dependent. If there are people seeing you comitting crime, they'll "call cops". If you trigger explosion - the cops gonna be on you.

PS. Pro tip: you get out from cops so that your map stop flashing and there would be cops seeking you out; get out from vehicle; trigger stealth mode; hide somewhere (even behind a house on a street where cops are searching for you); even 4 stars will disappear in 10-20 seconds.

My personal perception was that it was certainly not lenient enough. It is GTA, let me have at least a little bit of fun without alerting the cops instantly.

Xyber

Haha, not a badass. Just fortunate enough to live in Sweden. :p

Man, never been so hyped for a game in a long time. I have waited forever for this damn thing and have managed to stay clear of pretty much anything spoilery. All I know is that Trevor is a damn maniac and Michael has a shitty son and a wife that probably gets more than lessons from the yoga teacher.

Madness

That's actually not true at all. Even when there was a glitch with shooting your car to have burning engine while in front of garage to duplicate another car - you could've used silenced weapons all you want, there were no cops if there were no npcs looking at you.
The wanted level is very NPC dependent. If there are people seeing you comitting crime, they'll "call cops". If you trigger explosion - the cops gonna be on you.

PS. Pro tip: you get out from cops so that your map stop flashing and there would be cops seeking you out; get out from vehicle; trigger stealth mode; hide somewhere (even behind a house on a street where cops are searching for you); even 4 stars will disappear in 10-20 seconds.

That's really not true at all. The wanted level is easily the worst thing about the game. Sometimes it's a cop who bumps into you and starts shooting at you. Other times, you're in the middle of the marsh, or wilderness, and you fire your gun and cops are alerted to you and if you're not on any official roads, they're just driving along them trying to get you.

One of the worst times was I escaped a three star in the marsh area, but any time I'd try to leave the area, the stars would commence again. 1 star takes excruciatingly long to lose, and really kills a lot of the replayability and enjoyment of the game. Suppressor does very little at all, except to detract from your weapon damage. The only time it's been good was for a single rifle shot so I wouldn't alert a guard nearby. But two suppressed shots gave me away everytime.

If they want realism, they have to accept and allow crimes to be committed that won't all of a sudden grant magic, instantaneous cops that zero in on exactly where you are, even if you try to hide.

Vuze

Probably would still unlock just as fast on a SSD =p
Isn't the decryption CPU-bound? Just guesstimating here but the encrypted preload doesn't make much sense to me anyway especially for GTAV where Rockstars client offers a plain text preload that's already on torrents and what not lol

Corpekata

Banned
are you sure ? it said it was a one time thing only

The steam page mentions it at the bottom."TRANSFER YOUR EXISTING GTA ONLINE CHARACTER
Existing players on PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to PC. For more information, please visit rockstargames.com/gtaonline/charactertransfer"

idonteven

The steam page mentions it at the bottom."TRANSFER YOUR EXISTING GTA ONLINE CHARACTER
Existing players on PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One will be able to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to PC. For more information, please visit rockstargames.com/gtaonline/charactertransfer"

i think transfer it for the people that didnt do it on console yet,once you did ps3 > ps4 or xbox360 > xbox one it wont work anymore...we will see soon enough :p

Xyber

What is this crap, they limited Shadowplay to 50Mbps again with the new drivers. It went up to 130 before. :(

Edit: Nevermind, forgot I had changed the resolution to 1080p for the recording and that limits it to 50. Set to in-game and it goes up to 130 again.

Sarcasm

What is this crap, they limited Shadowplay to 50Mbps again with the new drivers. It went up to 130 before. :(

Edit: Nevermind, forgot I had changed the resolution to 1080p for the recording and that limits it to 50. Set to in-game and it goes up to 130 again.

Please explain. I see mbps and I think of internet.

Bitrate? Mine stays to 50 regardless...

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves

Following the link it says:

You can only transfer a set of character and progression data from PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 or Xbox One once.

It's troublesome to interpret but it could mean:

1) You can transfer a character from either generation once, which would result in being able to do it a 2nd time if you already went from PS3 -> PS4.

or:

2) Notice how it says "a set of character and progression data". This could mean that if you transfer a character from PS3 -> PS4, then that character would have consumed its chance to transfer again.

We'll see tonight.

Xyber

The 130MBPS doesn't apply to 1080P anyway. It will only record at 50MBPS. It seems this mode is reserved for 4K.

Meh, that sucks. If it's capable of recording at that bitrate, you should be able to use it for whatever resolution you want as well..

Valkrai

Following the link it says:

It's troublesome to interpret but it could mean:

1) You can transfer a character from either generation once, which would result in being able to doing it a 2nd time if you already went from PS3 -> PS4.

Or:
2) Notice how it says "a set of character and progression data". This could mean that if you transfer a character from PS3 -> PS4, then that character would have consumed it's chance to transfer again.

We'll see tonight.

It'll be a one-time import into the enhanced version of GTA V.

If you had the PS3 or Xbox 360 version, you have the option to import character data from those versions of GTA Online into the PS4/Xbox One or PC version of GTA Online. It'll import everything except for Shark Cards that you have bought. You can still use the character on the old gen version but money and RP do not sync up with each version, only during the import.

Mad1723

Meh, that sucks. If it's capable of recording at that bitrate, you should be able to use it for whatever resolution you want as well..

I agree, but it's the way it is. Makes no sense to me considering it can record 130MBPs at 4K, but not 1080P which should have even less data to process to get a video. Maybe it's just me, but oh well.

Top Bottom