• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Hip Hop

idk...Trevor is cool though

i really hope they don't ditch the Trio for the DLC with new characters.

i hope they continue with them and we can learn more about them

Honestly, I really hope they come back for the next game.

This is the first time in the GTA series where I would even think of such thing. They really made them personal this time around.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
downloading the preload (again). i hate myself! on my internet it takes about 3 hours which ain't bad.

really can't wait to play this. bought it for ps3/ps4. looking forward to the video editor. i love being able to play about with games like this to get the perfect screenshot/video.

This is the first time in the GTA series where I would even think of such thing. They really made them personal this time around.

that's not really rockstar's style to bring them back for a sequel...

i do believe though that they will return for the DLC, now that i think about it...i think rockstar said they were continuing their adventures...

yes, i remember Shawn Fonteno did an interview and talks about recording for the story dlc and its supposedly real big

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfQPJY_W11c go to 6:27

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
idk...Trevor is cool though

i really hope they don't ditch the Trio for the DLC with new characters.

i hope they continue with them and we can learn more about them

"For those ready to jump back into the story of Grand Theft Auto V, we have big plans for substantial additions in 2014 continuing Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas."

The DLC was due out in 2014. Probably delayed due to the PC being delayed. So I think we'll hear about it soon now PC is about to release. Anyway...M/F/T are returning for the DLC. Franklins actor said he's working on "BIG" story mode dlc.

Sevenfold

EDIT: ^^ Didn't know that. Cool :)

The actors' appearance in BCS made me want more Trevor, and I'm sure this is gonna be huge all over again for Rockstar. I see no reason not to bring all three back for more content. I've been playing on PS3 since release and still discovering stuff. A lot of stuff :) I just hope R* shrug off the torrent version that's bound to appear and I'm confident PC gamers are ready to welcome R* back into the fold with huge sales and years of mods and editor madness. R* are about to show us is was worth the wait and the community is about to reward them for their efforts.

PC gaming is god tier right now.

EDIT: ^^ Didn't know that. Cool :)

The actors' appearance in BCS made me want more Trevor, and I'm sure this is gonna be huge all over again for Rockstar. I see no reason not to bring all three back for more content. I've been playing on PS3 since release and still discovering stuff. A lot of stuff :) I just hope R* shrug off the torrent version that's bound to appear and I'm confident PC gamers are ready to welcome R* back into the fold with huge sales and years of mods and editor madness. R* are about to show us is was worth the wait and the community is about to reward them for their efforts.

PC gaming is god tier right now.
wait Steven Ogg was in Better Call Saul?

Skyzard

Banned
Will miss out on this for like a week while on holiday :(

Will start that download asap when I return! Fucking finally.

Gangxxter

So hyped for this game! Haven't played any console version before, will be the very first time experiencing GTA V.

I've avoided as many spoilers as possible, I've literally no clue what I'll discover in that game, so hyped! I've hardly watched any gameplay YouTube videos (apart from one or two video reviews back then). I even don't know what the map looks exactly like, only followed the pre-release speculations and fan-made maps back then.

Sucks though that the Gamespot video linked in the OP spoiled me a little bit, something about Michael and
aliens
. But I guess it's only a minor spoiler and I already had a vague idea that there will be something like that in the game.

Kezen

Banned
Great thread title. Will try to pick my copy today even though I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play it.

MayMay

Banned
I should've pre-ordered on Steam.. the downloader is sloooow - like holy shit I'm sitting here downloading at 150kb/s atm for some reason.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Steven Ogg was in Broad City for about 3 minutes, too.

This will be my first time playing the game, and I'm pretty pumped. My PC is pretty average, so I'll probably take some videos to show how it can perform on aging hardware.

I'm using:

i5-3570k at 3.4GHz
GTX 670 4GB
8GB RAM

Not top-of-the-line by any means, but it ran Max Payne 3 very well so I'm hoping it'll do okay.

Gangxxter

I hope my old Intel Core i7 920@2.6 Ghz is powerful enough for 1080p@60fps. I guess it's time for the long overdue overclocking.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm kinda new to PC gaming. my 290 is the first graphics card i've owned. do we need to wait on AMD/NVIDIA to release an update before playing the game??

I was worried that my 3.8 FX4300, Raedon R9 290x, and 8GB machine wouldn't run this at 60FPS, but I guess I could turn down a bunch of options.

Raknar

Neo Member

This will be my first time playing the game, and I'm pretty pumped. My PC is pretty average, so I'll probably take some videos to show how it can perform on aging hardware.

I'm using:

i5-3570k at 3.4GHz
GTX 670 4GB
8GB RAM

Not top-of-the-line by any means, but it ran Max Payne 3 very well so I'm hoping it'll do okay.

We have the same setup, except my CPU is overclocked to 4.4Ghz. I hope our 670's will be able to cope with at least medium settings at a decent framerate.

Gangxxter

I need to update my AMD Catalyst driver, but which one should I choose? Are there any known major issues with the latest 15.3 Beta driver? Or should I go with the latest stable 14.12 driver?

Never had any issues with the beta drivers but I remember there was some major issue with one of the beta drivers not so long ago.

I'm hyped for the giggles.
ibvT1KjOC3mATv.gif

Someone needs to Mike-ify this gif

funny-gif-bike-accident-motorcycle.gif

neoism

Really wish my PC could handle this but I really wouldn't want to play this on any thing but an HDTV got close to 200 hours between the ps3 and 4 versions with almost no online played. Still play the ps4 version weekly.. ..will triple dip down the road when it's really cheap and a shit load of modz is out... This game will look ridiculous in a year or so with modz....

ninanuam

Banned
I wonder if the Giant Bomb crew will do a QL for this ? They did one already for the PS4 version so they may have hit their quota (2 QLs for the same game).

None of the guys are really into GTA it seems though...I think they had to twist Brad's arm to do one again for the ps4

Brad wanted to get it into the top ten games of last year. He didn't argue for it as it was a remaster but he brought it during the debate a few times.

Hip Hop

This is it.

If I can't run GTA V at somewhat respectable settings for 60FPS on my GTX 670, I'm ordering a GTX 970 right away tomorrow.

Beepos

We have the same setup, except my CPU is overclocked to 4.4Ghz. I hope our 670's will be able to cope with at least medium settings at a decent framerate.

670's were letting me down last gen :( Couldn't even get 60fps on BF4 with the gpu under i7 4k

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope my g-sync monitor will save me from my GTX770 2GB

LilJoka

Really wish my PC could handle this but I really wouldn't want to play this on any thing but an HDTV got close to 200 hours between the ps3 and 4 versions with almost no online played. Still play the ps4 version weekly.. ..will triple dip down the road when it's really cheap and a shit load of modz is out... This game will look ridiculous in a year or so with modz....

I wish you had a small form factor PC and connected it to your HDTV.

Beepos

This is it.

If I can't run GTA V at somewhat respectable settings for 60FPS on my GTX 670, I'm ordering a GTX 970 right away tomorrow.

I had a 670 running a i7 overclocked. I didn't get the frames I wanted in ALOT of games. Take that as you will.

Pakoe

I hope my old Intel Core i7 920@2.6 Ghz is powerful enough for 1080p@60fps. I guess it's time for the long overdue overclocking.

It is! Running mine at 4,3ghz with a Scythe Mugen 4 on it.
Overclocking was a bitch, took me about 3 weeks to get everything working. But it's running solid right now, max temps around 80 degrees.

Kezen

Banned
This is it.

Wait. The AMD R9 300 series is coming this summer.

The 970 is not a bad card but why bitting the bullet now ?

Kazdane

I'm using:

i5-3570k at 3.4GHz
GTX 670 4GB
8GB RAM

Your computer is slightly above recommended requirements: http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-5-system-requirements-announced/

You'll do fine :)

Hip Hop

Wait. The AMD R9 300 series is coming this summer.

The 970 is not a bad card but why bitting the bullet now ?

Well, the card is fairly cheap at the moment.

Can probably get it around the $280's after the rebate and selling off the Witcher 3 code. Not trying to have a crazy budget either.

kudoboi

woah.. just realized this has steam achievements.

so i guess steam trading cards and workshop might be a possibility?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
so i guess steam trading cards and workshop might be a possibility?

I don't see R* changing its tune on modding (allowing it but not encouraging it). Trading cards may come later, though, given they're exceedingly simple to implement.

Top Bottom