• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Seanspeed

Banned
You're linking to a page of a game on a specific platform, but not of PC-specific reviews. You say 'some' overlap, but I'm willing to bet it's the vast, vast majority there.

Fret

You're linking to a page of a game on a specific platform, but not of PC-specific reviews. You say 'some' overlap, but I'm willing to bet it's the vast, vast majority there.

It may be a majority, but the previous posters were implying that PC doesn't get reviews on multi-platform games at all.

In any case, GTA always gets PC specific reviews. I was just asking if there was an embargo of any sort

Dr Dogg

Hahaha, well that sure is one way to do an OT. Bravo Salsa.

Really can't wait to get my hands on that video editor.

Evo X

giphy.gif

UnrealEck

I can't wait to see how my awesome 4GB of RAM (I killed 2GB trying to figure out my PC's problem) and amazing GTX 460 1GB (my 770 which was the problem is taking ages to be replaced by MSI) runs this. It's probably going to look like the PS3 version I played 2 years ago.
Oh joy.

UrbanRats

I wonder if you can use director mode just to play as another character/animal, and then be free to dick around without concerning yourself of actually directing a video, or if it'll have like time cut offs and such.

I remember when GTA3 and Vice City had the cheat to use pedestrians, all sorts of crazy and hilarious stories i would do with my brothers, using them.

I really hope the performance will be OK on this one.
From what I've read in various PC-related articles, it's gonna be a blast.
Still...no preorder for me.
I'll wait for GAF experience + TB's WTF.

edit: will there be a separate PC performance thread?

Garuda1One

I really hope the performance will be OK on this one.
From what I've read in various PC-related articles, it's gonna be a blast.
Still...no preorder for me.
I'll wait for GAF experience + TB's WTF.

edit: will there be a separate PC performance thread?

there will always be one..

and a seperate PC screenshot thread

and a seperate story with spoiler discussion thread

and a seperate performance fix thread (hopefully not)

dont forget a seperate movie / gif thread..

Shy

Silly question. but you can only transfer multiplayer data to pc and not single player, right. ?

Also, another question. (not troll/humble brag) do you guys think my rig can do 1080p60, max settings. ?

I7 4770k @4.1
GTX Titan.
16gb ram @1866mhz

UnrealEck

Also, another question. (not troll/humble brag) do you guys think my rig can do 1080p60, max settings. ?

I7 4770k @4.1
GTX Titan.
16gb ram @1866mhz

No one knows what it takes to max the game out at 1080p 60 fps.
Outside of MSAA, if I had to guess, I'd say yes, you could.

Going live 0200 local time for me, so I guess I won't be playing until tomorrow afternoon. Got it all preloaded though.

Yeah Europe getting kinda fucked, 1 am here, and I'm super tired because of EG vs Empire from last night ;(
Maybe I'll just go to bed early and wake up an hour or two earlier... :]

Vuze

Nice, PC OT up at last. Preload will be finished in 5 or 6 hours but unfortunately the game will unlock at 1am for me, so no chance to play it until late afternoon. Excited for it anyways, I haven't seen much footage except for the official trailers!

Old school OT.

Really looking forward to this game even though I'm still busy playing DA Inquisition. Have been watching some of the most popular gta5 videos on my TV for the past week and it looks pretty damn good on PS4 already. Gives me good hope it will run well on my old (first gen i7) CPU.

neilka

Recent Uplay games (Watch_Dogs, AC Unity) have allowed people with retail keys to play as soon as they input the key, even before the official release time. So it's not impossible in this case but still unlikely...

I have PS4, but I have managed to restrain myself for the PC version. Now let's hope that average setups can handle this game too. After all the delays, I'm really optimistic on this one.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So this is it they can't delay it anymore
Or can they...

Queue the downloader ticking over at 0 to a page saying "Sorry, we had to delay it again."

I have PS4, but I have managed to restrain myself for the PC version. Now let's hope that average setups can handle this game too. After all the delays, I'm really optimistic on this one.

Considering it has ran before on PS3 and Xbox 360 plus current gen consoles not being super computers I'm sure your average build will be fine.

I'm currently running an i7 3770k, 8GB of RAM @ 1886MHz and a 770GTX 4GB and don't doubt I'll be able to get some form of 1080p/60FPS.

Top Bottom