• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
We have the same setup, except my CPU is overclocked to 4.4Ghz. I hope our 670's will be able to cope with at least medium settings at a decent framerate.

I don't think we'll struggle to hit 60 on medium. I expect to be able to turn a decent amount of settings to high.

I'm planning on spending a fair amount of time messing with settings once it goes live. Probably won't actually start the game proper until Tuesday. Monday night will be dedicated to tweaking.

Corpekata

Banned
iirc Max Payne 3 had steam achievements as well but no trading cards or workshop, I wouldn't count on it.

Don't know if I'd used a game that came out years before either of those things were in existence to set a baseline.

Though yeah, there's no way this will have workshop support. Maybe trading cards though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this EU? Best I can find so far is £31 from GMG

Garuda1One

this is gotta be, the BIGGEST game ive ever downloaded.. got damn..
bought it from GMG so i downloaded from the RSC.. got 2mb/s, usually at 4mb/s using steam..

finished downloading, now the waiting game begin..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Timurse

Banned
That will be a godsend. Wanted level is just broken in the console versions. Shoot a silenced gun in the desert?? HERE'S YOUR STAR!

That's actually not true at all. Even when there was a glitch with shooting your car to have burning engine while in front of garage to duplicate another car - you could've used silenced weapons all you want, there were no cops if there were no npcs looking at you.
The wanted level is very NPC dependent. If there are people seeing you comitting crime, they'll "call cops". If you trigger explosion - the cops gonna be on you.

PS. Pro tip: you get out from cops so that your map stop flashing and there would be cops seeking you out; get out from vehicle; trigger stealth mode; hide somewhere (even behind a house on a street where cops are searching for you); even 4 stars will disappear in 10-20 seconds.

Sevenfold

Ok things I'm excited/nervous about about...

Load times. SSD times I'm hoping are going to be a couple of seconds once in game. No delay when switching characters and instant for things like wardrobe (you know that lag in the PS3 version ugh) a whole lot more fluid in other words. (crosses fingers)
The graphics settings screens. Oh lordy it's the POE character creator all over again. I expect to spend as long playing this screen as the game itself.
High speed driving. Even on PS3 it's immensely satisfying and I can't wait to experience this on my rig.
Using M&K&DS4. First person all the way pad for driving. There were times in GTA4 where it all got a bit hectic and I've ended up using left stick and mouse running away from a burning car trying to get round a corner to gather myself. 1:1 mouse is in. I just hope it feels 'right' in first person. If it does. Oh boy. Los Santos is going to be dangerous territory online.
Re-staging of some of the SP mission cut scenes. Alluded to in the PC trailer. Awesome if so.
Loads more what about you?

16BUMEz.png

Glad im not one of those american tomecast users or whatever its called!

That's actually not true at all. Even when there was a glitch with shooting your car to have burning engine while in front of garage to duplicate another car - you could've used silenced weapons all you want, there were no cops if there were no npcs looking at you.
The wanted level is very NPC dependent. If there are people seeing you comitting crime, they'll "call cops". If you trigger explosion - the cops gonna be on you.

PS. Pro tip: you get out from cops so that your map stop flashing and there would be cops seeking you out; get out from vehicle; trigger stealth mode; hide somewhere (even behind a house on a street where cops are searching for you); even 4 stars will disappear in 10-20 seconds.

Bullshit. If you kill two people in the woods and there's nobody around, you get stars randomly. I've done this many, many times where there are no NPCs around besides the ones I killed, and somehow, I get a star!

But what's even worse is when you get stars for just standing around a ped. They either call the cops and you get a star, or they attack you and if you attack back, you get a star (unless the cops see them attack you).

When I screw around in GTA4 freeroam I always turn off the cops

Have you actually played the game? You do get wanted levels even with no NPCs around to report you.

Bendoruu

Neo Member
Couldn't find the answer anywhere so i'm asking here:

If I buy the retail version with 7 discs, would I be able to simply add the activation key in Rockstar Social Club and download it ?

I really want the box set but my DVD drive is in my second computer in another city.

Hip Hop

Yeah, the cops were straight bullshit.

No cops around, you would still get the cops on you. Knife, silencer, you name it.

Probably the number one thing I hated, the whole cop systems is horrible and it takes so damn long on level 1 to remove them.

And they didn't let us turn it off at all. In GTA IV you could.

hepburn3d

Can a PC person help me understand is this is a decent set up? I want to say it will run the game at Medium/Max 1080p/60 but I'm nervous to say it. I know no-one knows yet but I'd still appreciate any thoughts.

Processor (CPU) Intel Core i7 4770K HD4600
16gb Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 1600mhz
2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

Can a PC person help me understand is this is a decent set up? I want to say it will run the game at Medium/Max 1080p/60 but I'm nervous to say it. I know no-one knows yet but I'd still appreciate any thoughts.

You'll be fine.

HowZatOZ

Banned

You should be fine, though you might run into some troubles down the track with a 2GB card (I have the 4GB version of yours and it's starting to struggle with extreme settings hitting nearly 4GB usage).

noomi

Alright.... time to put my PS4 to rest for a few weeks, here I come Rockstar!

I'm so happy that release is at 7PM EST tonight.

Also nvidia drivers should be hitting today, can't wait for that PC performance thread though!

Couldn't find the answer anywhere so i'm asking here:

If I buy the retail version with 7 discs, would I be able to simply add the activation key in Rockstar Social Club and download it ?

I really want the box set but my DVD drive is in my second computer in another city.

As far as I know, yup. Just redeem the Social Club key online and then you can download it via the Rockstar servers.

I think my download through Social Club failed. Last time I checked, it had a few hours left to go, but then I closed the lid of my laptop without pausing it, and when I opened it again it just says "Grand Theft Auto is available in..."

Is there any way to verify the game's files like there is through Steam?

Edit: GTAV folder is 60.0 GB (64,489,578,496 bytes), containing 135 files in 30 folders. Is that correct?

hepburn3d

You'll be fine.

You should be fine, though you might run into some troubles down the track with a 2GB card (I have the 4GB version of yours and it's starting to struggle with extreme settings hitting nearly 4GB usage).

Thanks for thoughts. You've calmed my nerves :) Wish I had more than 2GB but I'm happy to turn off a few things to get a silky smooth experience. I think draw distance is going to be the only thing I wont want to compromise on.

Max draw distance @ 30 > 60 > traffic slider > vehicle variety

Seanspeed

Banned
Ok, finished the Prologue mission on PS3 finally. I guess I made it about 3/4 of the way through my first time(and only time) playing over a year ago before deciding the framerate was shit and I'd wait for the PC version. Signed into RSC from there and I should be good to go for the bonus items, I think.

Now to finish up a couple playlists. Anybody know if there's a max number of songs you can put on the custom station?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Thanks for thoughts. You've calmed my nerves :) Wish I had more than 2GB but I'm happy to turn off a few things to get a silky smooth experience. I think draw distance is going to be the only thing I wont want to compromise on.

Max draw distance @ 30 > 60 > traffic slider > vehicle variety

Yeah those will be the settings to tweak for maximum performance, but expect down the track a variety of player setups to gain best performance.

I think my download through Social Club failed. Last time I checked, it had a few hours left to go, but then I closed the lid of my laptop without pausing it, and when I opened it again it just says "Grand Theft Auto is available in..."

Is there any way to verify the game's files like there is through Steam?

Edit: GTAV folder is 60.0 GB (64,489,578,496 bytes), containing 135 files in 30 folders. Is that correct?

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah those will be the settings to tweak for maximum performance, but expect down the track a variety of player setups to gain best performance.
I don't usually spend a ton of time tweaking graphics settings, but I get the feeling with all the options available to us, I might be playing around with them for a while in this game. Not a bad thing, necessarily. Really impressed with how comprehensive they went with it.

Top Bottom