• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I don't know if waiting for a PC version would be ideal, seeing how horrible GTAIV was at launch

hopefully my 360 still works by the time it comes out

KePoW

Banned
It'd be a shame if we don't get the PC version at the same time as the console versions, especially considering how good Max Payne 3's PC version was.

I'll be kinda pissed off if we have to wait 6 months because T2 are afraid of piracy.

Agreed. I honestly don't think I will buy the 360 version if there's no PC release.

Revven

I still haven't sat down and played IV yet, but... I still want this game for some reason. I'm not sure if I should get it on the PS3 and play with my buds on there orrrrr get the likely superior PC version (if it's not a long wait) with modability... Either way, I hope the game avoids any of the issues I've heard about that IV had.

1263914772_happy.gif

sweeeeet.

wait, "depths of the ocean"? diving confirmed? yes please. sharks and whales and octopi and crabs and shit please! ps3 has no good diving game (Aquanaut's Holiday was.. not so good), GTAV could easily be it (among other things heh). and Rockstar has already shown they can make pretty awesome wildlife with RDR...

In a way I'm really glad the industry is in no hurry to move on. GTA 6 will be great, if it's more RDR and not GTA IV. One was disappointing, the other was fantastic. Hopefully this is a more personal, customization experience.

An-Det

Nice to see confirmation, I was expecting the spring for a while. Makes the wait for the GI details all the tougher.

Back to Los Santos? Oh shit! Wonder if CJ will make an appearance.

It'll probably be like GTA 3 -> GTA 4, same (revamped) city different continuity.

Mr.Fresh

Yay gonna preorder ASAP. It's annoying as hell hearing about Wii U in every new far thread. It makes it annoying to even read GAF anymore .

ghst

thanks for the laugh
there's no point in going to see a movie opening night if they're only showing the vhs version.

Dabanton

Why? RDR was a tighter moment to moment experience, I imagine this will be step up from that.

Agree. GTA:IV was their first attempt at using that engine on at that time next gen machines. RDR and Max Payne 3 have shown me how it's improved leaps and bounds from 2008.

Rewatching the launch trailer I suspect that's 360 footage and it looks pretty good to me.

StuBurns

Banned
Spring yes. In February alone we're getting Colonial Marines, Rising, and Infinite.

Fall is looking dead unless 720/PS4 make their grand appearance. And Bayonetta 2.
Even if PS480 isn't next fall, there's plenty of potentially awesome stuff coming. TLoU and hopefully MGS:GZ alone would make it a fall worthy of following dat spring.

GlamFM

Banned
Artwork is super lame BTW. I like the leaked ones a lot more. However this seems to confirm a "lighter" tone overall.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Please no port begging in this thread.... p l e a s e..

They can still discuss ports in this thread since there's zero other info, but the Game Informer cover and information threads will be met with deletes and/or bans depending on severity (yes that applies to you too PC GAF).

StuBurns

Banned
Artwork is super lame BTW. I like the leaked ones a lot more. However this seems to confirm a "lighter" tone overall.
Why? The Lola art for four wasn't exactly evocative of the somber tone of the game, in fact, she wasn't even in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They can still discuss ports in this thread since there's zero other info, but the Game Informer cover and information threads will be met with deletes and/or bans depending on severity (yes that applies to you too PC GAF).
Finally, justice. PC GAF pollution clots these kinds of threads more than anything.

GlamFM

Banned
Why? The Lola art for four wasn't exactly evocative of the somber tone of the game, in fact, she wasn't even in the game.

Nah... she looked like a hooker, while this one looks more like a "party girl". If the shift in tone from GTA IV to TBOGT is anything to go by I think it´s safe to assume that they listened closely and delivered a more fun game...

That´s just an assumption of course.

Top Bottom