• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX TITAN Z announced $2999

gabbre

iUt5UyXH4Kstc.png

Durante

That he can still get a few people after keeping up the same shtick for over a year proves how good Horse Armour is at this.

Ahmed360

WoW! Over 9000!

I still prefer Gaming Laptops though, I would LOVE to have something as powerful in a Laptop form YUMMY :D

As per Nvidia, this card is "5K" generation card!

Fun Fact, I have traffic fines on my Car almost same as the price of this Card! (yes, I drive fast, some sort of addiction -_-)

If you're dropping 3k on a card for gaming, I imagine you're putting it under water anyway.

Yeah, I'm just pointing it out because people always consider dual cards like these for small form factor gaming, but this design is only half rear-exhaust. I'm sure there are small cases that will handle the heat, though.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

ddd

Sylver

Banned
I think I will wait for TITAN Ω
Maybe if I start saving for the next update I will get money for the release date.

This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

I like you

Zaph

Yeah, I'm just pointing it out because people always consider dual cards like these for small form factor gaming, but this design is only half rear-exhaust. I'm sure there are small cases that will handle the heat, though.
A lot of ITX cases are perforated along the full length of the GPU anyway, with only a small gap between. So it's not really a problem even if you're using stock exhaust.

Rubius

Just because you have cars that cost 200 000$, do not mean that your 20 000 car wont do the job. Will it be as fast? No. But at some point speed is only usefull for some people. This card might be usefull for Graphic designer, video editors, and video creators. Video games on this card are pretty useless unless you go in insane resolutions with everything on Max and custom AA settings.

Graphic cards are really usefull for people who do CGI work, video editing and that kind of stuff, so 12 GB of GRAM is really appreciated for high end guys. I bought a 2000$ PC, but a 700$ pc would allow you to play every game out there at settings higher than the Ps4 and X1. I simply wanted the step over that.

Just because a company is selling a really high end component, do not mean that it's a necessity or that it will destroy the market. Like for everything, you have low, medium, high and ultra high stuff. You can eat a burger at mcdonald and pay 5$, go to five guys and pay 20$ or go to La Queue de cheval and pay 60$. The burger market wont fall down because people sell burgers for 60$, it simply exist for those who want to pay for it and experience a luxury.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

Can "Yacht Gaming" pleeeeeease become the next "entitled" or "enthusiast press" catchphrase? Please?

x3sphere

So why would someone buy this over dual Titans? I hardly think space and number of pci slots matters at this price bracket.

Doesn't seem tailored towards gamers to me really, people that need the compute power can maximize their GPU/PCI-e slot ratio with this though.

Rubius

All current PC gamers = peasants, confirmed.

The peasants are still lower than the lords and the lords are lower than the king ;)

I do wonder if a guy like Totalbiscuit who currently run a double titan build will switch to this. I doubt it since he cant really run stuff higher than he does right now but hey.

Top Bottom