• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX TITAN Z announced $2999

Durante

Would it be better though? We don't know the clocks and if you kept your VRAM usage down I don't see why the Z would do better.
He's saying the 780tis would have better (gaming) performance. The laws of Physics tell us that you'll probably be able to run the 2 780 tis at higher clocks than the 2 chips on a single Titan Z.

Smokey

Like MK and Durante said, you'll probably get faster performance at $1400-1600 with two 780tis. Hell throw a third in there and you're still $900 away from a Z.

Getting a Z would be more about the product design than the results.

mkenyon

Banned

DonMigs85

Dayumn I'd love to get 2 of these and pair them with the upcoming 8-core 16-thread Haswell, 32GB DDR4 and the fastest SSD money can buy.

This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

this is hilarious

Caffeine

my 7990 is ready for a long drawn out 6 episode battle against the titan z where my 7990 will die and I hope people wish me back to life using the dragonballs :3

Smokey

Not even in 3 years any PC game will push this card, what will they be releasing in the future?

The Witcher 3
Star Citizen

4k gaming? Multi monitor setup. Plenty of ways to use this card. People just hung up on the price.

And then there's the professional side.

Neuro

The Witcher 3
Star Citizen

4k gaming? Multi monitor setup. Plenty of ways to use this card. People just hung up on the price.

Neither of those two games will use this card as a benchmark, I am not a tech guy but I have always heard that they make it for the lowest common denominator and scale it up....

Desty

Banned
$2999 video card? WTF!

iqtp5VQCY80MS.gif

King_Moc

Banned
The Witcher 3
Star Citizen

In the gaming space, that must be far more RAM than it could possibly use though? By the time you'd need that much, there's be far cheaper cards that can outprocess it. Someone posted the RAM useage for games at 4K yesterday and i'm pretty sure Crysis 3 only clocked in at around 3GB.

Smokey

Neither of those two games will use this card as a benchmark, I am not a tech guy but I have always heard that they make it for the lowest common denominator and scale it up....

Go look at the Witcher 2 Uber mode benchmarks on PC.

In the gaming space, that must be far more RAM than it could possibly use though? By the time you'd need that much, there's be far cheaper cards that can outprocess it. Someone posted the RAM useage for games at 4K yesterday and i'm pretty sure Crysis 3 only clocked in at around 3GB.

It's 6GB of RAM. There are two Titans on a board so that's how they come up with 12GB.

I personally tested Crysis 3 maxed out @ 2560x1600... My VRAM was between 2990gb - 3017gb.

That's on a single 2560x1600 screen. What about those who have two more of those screens? What about those who have 4k multi monitor setup?

When you have a product like this those are the types of setups you're talking about.

Snookie

This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

you have a heart of gold. dont let them take it from you

King_Moc

Banned

It's 6GB of RAM. There are two Titans on a board so that's how they come up with 12GB.

I personally tested Crysis 3 maxed out @ 2560x1600... My VRAM was between 2990gb - 3017gb.

Oh...so they're half lying then. 12GB! (half useable...)

King_Moc

Banned
Technically they aren't lying.. There really is 12GB on the board.

The word you're looking for is marketing.

Yep, that's marketing. Half lying.

Point taken about multi-monitor setups at over 1080p each though. I imagine there's some people out there somewhere into that.

Neuro

You just ratified what I was saying, Witcher 2's benchmark is the X360 and then it has been scaled up for PC for different settings, they did not make the Uber Mode on the PC first and scale it down to the X360...

Star Citizen will also be developed keeping in mind a mid range PC not a $3000 graphic card and Witcher 3 will use the Xbone as a starting point I'd assume and then scale it up for the other machines...

Is there a date for this thing? By the time star citizen alpha, witcher 3, or watch dogs comes out I think we'll be pretty close to 800 series.I wonder how many more times nvidia plans to milk Kepler products,it feels like this is the largest product lineup they ever had in one generation

You just ratified what I was saying, Witcher 2's benchmark is the X360 and then it has been scaled up for PC for different settings, they did not make the Uber Mode on the PC first and scale it down to the X360...

Star Citizen will also be developed keeping in mind a mid range PC not a $3000 graphic card and Witcher 3 will use the Xbone as a starting point I'd assume and then scale it up for the other machines...

Excuse me?

Top Bottom