• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTX TITAN Z announced $2999

Durante

Those are a lot more deflating than I had hoped. I could accept 4k at 30FPS or so but not at anywhere near that price. Maybe two years lol.
Did you look at those insane benchmarks some site did with 4x SSAA at 4k? because that's actually rendering 8k.

Rubius

What a steal! But seriously, I bet in 4-5 years (or more) SSDs for example, will be available for the current prices of normal hard-drives of comparable capacity.

SSD's are dropping the price like crazy right now. A 250gb SSD is about 140$ right now. I'm expecting that a 1TB SSD might be 200$ by the end of the year. Gotta go fast.

Calmine

Damn crazy but do they really need to bring out another Titan didn't the Black Edition release a couple of months ago?

Hmm, so do I pay my mortgage or get one of these?

I'm assuming the heat it gives off will take care of my heating bills during the winter so that's savings right there.

Durante

Damn crazy but do they really need to bring out another Titan didn't the Black Edition release a couple of months ago?
You don't understand the market.

The Black Edition is for gamers who are just moderately insane. This one is for those who are flat out cray cray. (Which makes sense on a whole other level, with Cray supercomputers and all)

xenist

I fucking LOVE how stupid this card is. It's like buying a Maclaren P1 and immediately spending a million tuning it.

Soi-Fong

The Black Edition is for gamers who are just moderately insane. This one is for those who are flat out cray cray. (Which makes sense on a whole other level, with Cray supercomputers and all)

I thought this Titan was more for a workstation than anything?

Daedardus

This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

Worst part is, due to diminishing returns you won't see a damn thing of the slight increase in power over the PS4. All this card does is supporting the profiteering of a few businessman at nVidia so they can still buy $10 million mansions while the poor gamer has to take a mortgage on his house to be able to buy this stuff.

DinHerio

Banned
This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

I was going to destroy your idiotic statement but after I typed nearly 15 minutes I realized you're trolling.
OVER9000/10

FACE

Banned
Two, maybe three of these should do the trick. Two in my rig and another 'round my neck.

Reminded me of this post:

Got 2 titans in my rig and another round my kneck
Got those gaffers hatin when they come to inspect
Got that 08 laptop,
Framerate never drop,
You heatin up like your console, i'm stayin cold and on top
Titanfall all you got
But i'm on it day one,
Will you even see it, i doubt it will run
You stuck on 900p,
Looks like a slideshow to me,
I downsample that shit, even though theres no need

2013-06-11_06-02-25-1020_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

That picture needs updating.
LOL, I love how line looks like it crept up a percentage point in 2012 when the Wii U launched.

Triple U

Banned
Did you look at those insane benchmarks some site did with 4x SSAA at 4k? because that's actually rendering 8k.
Just Crysis 3 with 4x MSAA on dual titan blacks, it was 30.1 on average. Now that I looked further most other games seem to be 60+

I been desperately trying to justify a 4k tv.

Smokey

Just Crysis 3 with 4x MSAA on dual titan blacks, it was 30.1 on average. Now that I looked further most other games seem to be 60+

I been desperately trying to justify a 4k tv.

Crysis 3 is an outlier. I ran the Tomb Raider bench mark on its highest setting at 2560x1600 with 2x 780TIs... avg 121 fps.

Crysis 3 by comparison maxed with 8x MSAA (ridiculous I know) got me 42-45fps during my session.

Stepping up to 4k minus the ridiculous AA would be more than playable.

mr2xxx

Banned
At least The majority of PC gamers can feel like the rest of us console peasants.

Old master race: "I just got the new 760 card, it's great."
New master race: ""HA HA my Tri-Titan Z's laugh at your under cuda'd guppy of a GPU. Now Go play with the console peasants."

RyudBoy

Uh, wow I don't think I've seen a card over $999 before and now $3k? lolololololololol

Dennis ain't shit until he has 2 of these running in SLI.

x3sphere

Those are a lot more deflating than I had hoped. I could accept 4k at 30FPS or so but not at anywhere near that price. Maybe two years lol.

How can they market this for 5k?

Well... you can pick up 2x 780 Tis for $1400 which give the same performance, still expensive but way more reasonable.

Calmine

Yep I understand. I suppose with the benchmarks showing 4K resolutions their idea is if you can afford a 4K monitor / TV you can afford one of these.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
wonder if Titan GT will be canon.

anyway I think normal gamers should just get 6GB 780 Ti (may/june) and wait for maxwell.

Top Bottom