• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes (XBLA, Developed by Treasure) [Update 2: Gameplay Video, 800 Points]

Vorg

Banned
bangai-o missile fury, radiant silvergun and guardian heroes in the same year on xbla. *drools*

adelante

One less reason for me to go hunting for a Saturn since i still have my copy of the game. Please include the super-easy cheat code for massive amounts of XP! =D

RS4-

I need this so badly. One of the few reasons why I regret getting rid of my saturn all those years ago. $600 was a lot for a 13 year old kid lol.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Would be great. I love GH on Saturn, but the severe and constant slowdown was always a drag. Completely eliminating that while improving the visuals would be great.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
duckroll said:
If Treasure is making this = OMFG!

If Backbone is making this = LOOOOOOOOOOLZ.

Beat me to it.

In either case, though, this getting an XBLA release should finally shut people up about Castle Crashers being a good game.

Dambrosi

Banned
duckroll said:
I would not wish this even on my worst enemies. :(
Well, they did say it would have remastered HD visuals, and I don't believe that Backbone are capable of that.

Still, first Radiant Silvergun, then Guardian Heroes. What next, Clockwork Knight? Panzer Dragoon Zwei (pleasepleaseplease)? Hell - Panzer Dragoon SAGA?!?!1!omg

Hey, at this point, just fixing Orta's BC would be a step forward! :D

Balb

At first I read it as Gunstar Heroes, and wondered why everyone was so excited considering it has been re-released so many times. Guardian Heroes is freaking awesome though and I'm definitely getting this on day one.

I agree with the OP; port NiGHTS PS2 to XBLA!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dambrosi said:
Well, they did say it would have remastered HD visuals, and I don't believe that Backbone are capable of that.

Still, first Radiant Silvergun, then Guardian Heroes. What next, Clockwork Knight? Panzer Dragoon Zwei (pleasepleaseplease)? Hell - Panzer Dragoon SAGA?!?!1!omg

Clockwork knight can get it from me over and over. I don't have a 360, but good news is definetely good news

bon

Dambrosi said:

If Treasure wants to port all their stuff from the Saturn era, Silhouette Mirage would be the next logical step.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I'll stay calm until I get screens! XD

Anyone who'se ever seen me yap in any of the "most wanted games on XBLA?" knows that this is number 1 with a bullet for me... It's pretty much my favorite non-fighting game of all time.

I wanna scream every Meme I know. I wanna post pics of celebration for 3 pages. But no... gotta see what it looks like first!

But MAN... 6 player online VS battles, co-op story, everything re-defined, a possibility of new content... "Advanced Guardian Heroes" makes one wonder if Treasure still understood what made it awesome... but the Bleach DS fighters shows that they know EXACTLY what made it great, and can still innovate with it! :lol:

They haven't messed up anything else they've ported to XBLA yet, so... wow. Argh, now I want the year to be at an end already! GHHD and KoFXIII are pretty much the only 2 gaming experiences I can care about this much. So if GH uses HD spritework... (O_O)

FINALLY! WOHOO!!

-re-reads press release- Wow. 12 player online battles?!? Awesome, or insane to even attempt?!?! I guess they could keep everything the same relative size, and just... widescreen it... but that sounds utterly nuts!

Pooya

goh177t.jpg

^ this logo is sent too along with the PR.

Dambrosi

Banned
bon said:
If Treasure wants to port all their stuff from the Saturn era, Silhouette Mirage would be the next logical step.
Now, I was thinking Sega's Saturn back catalogue, since Sega are releasing this, not Treasure.

Not that I'd have anything against a competent Silhouette Mirage port.

This is amazing news. I still have it for the Saturn but I will happily re-buy. I hope this means more Saturn games on XBLA.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
why even bring up backbone? Has a treasure game ever been handled by an outside developer?

Newduck

wow.

Totally unexpected. Weirdly thought about this game recently with the SoR revival.

Fantastic game, spent countless hours in it. Great soundtrack from what i recall and absolutely chocked full of content.

Feel like saying they don't make games like this anymore, but they didnt even make others like it back then. Fantastic news.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
levious said:
why even bring up backbone? Has a treasure game ever been handled by an outside developer?

The Gunstar Heroes port on XBLA was. But not the Ikaruga, Bangai-O, or Radiant Silvergun ones, from what we know.

matmanx1

Oh wow! This is HUGE! Probably my favorite Saturn game of all time and most definitely my favorite side scrolling brawler. The port better be given the A+ treatment though as anything less than that would be a travesty.

0 HP

SAB CA said:
The Gunstar Heroes port on XBLA was. But not the Ikaruga, Bangai-O, or Radiant Silvergun ones, from what we know.
is gunstar any good? are there people to play co-op with?

Top Bottom