• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardian Heroes (XBLA, Developed by Treasure) [Update 2: Gameplay Video, 800 Points]

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I am numb.

Never in my wildest dreams would I think they'd ever even acknowledge this game existed again.

Day zero. +1 guaranteed sale.

Tain

Guardian Heroes is pretty good. Best console-developed belt scroll game, even if it can't touch a lot of the great arcade ones. I'd play this, definitely.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
UndeadHeroVictory.jpg

I swear, it's the only victory pose worthy of this announcement. GGAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Also have to give shout-out to what I consider the main theme of VS mode: Roundabout!

Maybe I should change my avatar from the Noone-recognizes-him Royal knight (Axe+Lightning FTW!)... to something more obvious... :lol: Though I don't think "Sky Warrior" is really any better... Ha ha ha.

I have a couple of friends that will probably buy a year's worth of XBLA just for this game. I really hope the netcode is tight for simultanious multiplayer. :D

CaptainDa

Neo Member
Day one instabuy! Hopefully the multiplayer-mode will be treated with the respect it deserves. While we're at it, bring over the best Bomberman ever IMO (Saturn Bomberman)

HUZZAH!!!!

Very, very excite about this. I hope its a full port that has the goofy arena where you can play as all the enemies in the game. My friends and I poured countless hours into the Saturn version.

I'm worried about the new graphics. This could easily be Totally Spies material if not handled impeccably. Very cautiously optimistic.

I hope they include the original game.

Teknoman

MomoPufflet said:
I'm worried about the new graphics. This could easily be Totally Spies material if not handled impeccably. Very cautiously optimistic.

I hope they include the original game.

Its Treasure. They wont let just anything happen to their game. At any rate, I hope they dont touch the soundtrack (was and still is amazing) or take out the anime intro. If anything, just redo the intro hard corps uprising style if you have to.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Oh the greatest surprise news in a long time. I'm just so damn happy that more people will be able to experience this wonderful gem of a title. I don't actually need to get it again, my Saturn version still works, but I will buy it just to support it and hope for more of the wonderful Saturn library to see re-releases.

Teknoman

After seeing Ikaruga HD, hearing about Radiant Silvergun HD, and of course the recent Bangai-O... theres no way this wont be anything short of amazing.

Salsa

lol i read the thread title as Guardian Heroes and i was like "what no wa..

WAIT WHAT

ONGUNFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

JoDark

MS Viral Marketing
Bangaio yesterday, GH announced today.

A great week for treasure/DC fans! I loved my DC, runs to hug.

As for excellent DC games, Mars Matrix please Capcom!

And GO Modus!!

StingX2

You guys are kinda nuts. Gunstar Heroes was a fine port, 1942 Joint Strike is a fantastic game. Backbones had some terrible releases like most Genesis ports but they've had some great ones. Also Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was a fantastic port.

Tain

Shig said:
Does your Saturn copy have online co-op and Vs. Mode support for 12 players?
That stuff's pretty secondary to me, though. I could see not caring about it.

StringX2 said:
You guys are kinda nuts. Gunstar Heroes was a fine port, 1942 Joint Strike is a fantastic game. Backbones had some terrible releases like most Genesis ports but they've had some great ones. Also Marvel Vs Capcom 2 was a fantastic port.

Call the ports what you will, but let's not go crazy and call Joint Strike "a fantastic game."

LiK

SAB CA said:
UndeadHeroVictory.jpg

I swear, it's the only victory pose worthy of this announcement. GGAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Also have to give shout-out to what I consider the main theme of VS mode: Roundabout!

Maybe I should change my avatar from the Noone-recognizes-him Royal knight (Axe+Lightning FTW!)... to something more obvious... :lol: Though I don't think "Sky Warrior" is really any better... Ha ha ha.

Wooooooo

M3d10n

Fuck yeah. The 360 now has enough Treasure XBLA remakes for me to consider buying one. How cheap is a 360 with a broken DVD drive?

Gameboy415

VERY cool news!

That's one less expensive Saturn game I need to track down. :)

Here's hoping it shows up on PSN eventually too!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ryu Hayabusa said:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/129/f/b/Guardian_Heroes_HD_by_modusprodukt.jpg

NiceGorillaSharkHighFive.png

Wish I could find that HD Sprite picture another artist did a while back to... anyone conveniently still have it somewher? It was the beginning of Kannon's ride through heaven'n'hell....

M3d10n said:
Fuck yeah. The 360 now has enough Treasure XBLA remakes for me to consider buying one. How cheap is a 360 with a broken DVD drive?

haha gdlk idea, bud. I've always wanted a 360 for the Arcade catalogue alone.

Top Bottom