• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR PS4 PreOrder Demo Out (JP/EU/US) with PS3 Stick Support!

Tu101uk

Updated - So the digital pre-order bonus demo is out for the PS4 version of GG Xrd REVELATOR in all three regions. However, aside from the demo the other bonuses might be distributed differently depending on region. Also this is the first time that Raven has been mentioned as a bonus for preordering (in Japan) or limited free download (for North America).

The demo is essentially the arcade version of the game that released last year, with the Revelator newcomers Johnny, Jack-O and Jam joining the cast. The full console version will have three more characters, including Kum Haeyun (DLC bonus for all regions), Raven (DLC bonus for JP and US, unlockable in-game) and Dizzy (available as DLC purchase later on).

The pre-order bonuses include (depending on region):

• Demo with Episode, Offline Versus and Training modes (all regions)
  • Kum Haeyun DLC character (only playable on release of full version) (EU/JP as preorder bonus, US as free download for first two weeks)
  • Raven DLC character (only playable on release of full version) (JP as preorder bonus, US as free download for first two weeks)
  • DLC colour pack (only usable on release of full version) (EU as preorder bonus, US as free download for first two weeks)
It also supports PS3 sticks natively, just plug and play! No need for DS4s being plugged in or additional adapters! Well done ASW! And props to Lab Zero and their driver!
Ce-HErCUIAAPHn-.jpg:large

JP (¥6294) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja...tor-/cid=JP0036-CUSA03882_00-FULLGAME00000000 (Note - For pre-orders they will charge you straight away) (Full Game Release Date - 26th May 2016)

US ($59.99) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...tor-/cid=UP1024-CUSA04112_00-GGXRDREVUSDEBUG0 (Note - For pre-orders they will charge you straight away) (Full Game Release Date - 7th June 2016) (DLC bonuses offered for free to download for first two weeks of release, afterwards you'll have to purchase)

UK/EU (£49.99/€54.99) - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rder/cid=EP4293-CUSA04759_00-GGXRDREVEUPRE100 (Note - For pre-orders they will charge you near launch) (Full Game Release Date - 10th June 2016)

Destroy me if old...

EDIT - some screenshots to wet our anime fighting game appetites, courtesy of Slaythe...
There you go, made them for you :
950c26b8e08328dee01378bfefdf2c82.jpg
09e82829e8369c08a4c9eb1b8320b3b9.jpg
b245ea881c7cc703ac84c5a1076ed8f1.jpg

effea0f5a48141887aa62b4e13add570.jpg
b880a2d702b2934af9db78cc260de99f.jpg
60901f7661cad2910eaca02f766532ca.jpg

c662f1291beed514c40cde45cf910b2d.jpg

Piccoro

Pretty sure all PSN preorders take the money right away.

Not in Europe. They only charge you 2/3 days before release date, and you can cancel it anytime.

EDIT: so they used Lab Zero's driver?
They should be proud! Capcom, NetherRealm Studios and Arc System Works all used the driver!

Pretty sure all PSN preorders take the money right away.

Not in Europe. They only charge you 2/3 days before release date, and you can cancel it anytime.

They should be proud! Capcom, NetherRealm Studios and Arc System Works all used the driver!

Yup, added this information to the first post.

Ah okay thanks, I ask because I planned to purchase Revelator at release anyway but currently don't want to spend the funds and having the demo would be fun for the weekend.

Hutchie

Has any other dlc been announced for this and whether ggxrd dlc carries over, cos if it does ill have to buy the hk version again

Hubb

Thanks for the correction, NA PSN needs to get its shit together.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PS3 stick support? Holy shit that's amazing!

Tu101uk

Updated the first post with the release dates for all three regions (that's sort of important I guess :V).

Also as I said in a different thread, contrary to what's being reported, you CAN navigate menus with the PS3 stick, make sure you press start at the title screen with the stick beforehand.

Slaythe

Game is awesome.

Also guys, Shareplay works with the early access !

Which means, if you're EU, I can let you play with me.

A bit of lag obviously, but it's fun to netplay it, and if you want to try out the game without pre ordering, let me know !

I'm in France, and have optic fiber, so if you're not too far (east coast america is the limit) it should be fun.

Tu101uk

Yo I already did a shoutout to you guys on Twitter but again props to Lab Zero for helping to make PS3 sticks work on PS4s happen (even if some other companies haven't quite grasped how to do it as hassle-free as it is in Skullgirls or this demo).

Because of this, amongst other reasons, TOs are already moving to make this demo the defacto version of Xrd to use in tourneys until the full console release happens.

Memory

Worth the upgrade from Xrd? What's new besides the characters? Have the added/refined any game mechanics?

Atolm

Man I'm very tight on money right now because I'm saving to build my first PC in ten years, but both PQube and Ark deserve the support this time. Great job!.

zoobzone

Worth the upgrade from Xrd? What's new besides the characters? Have the added/refined any game mechanics?

They say the game moved from UE3 to UE4, there is definitely improvements in shading techniques they use, and there are some slight cosmetic damage when your character takes a beating.

Game balance is mostly the same except for the new charged blitz attack and burst supers that does more damage.

From the articles I've seen they made significant effort in improving the lobbies, and as always their story mode is the best in the fighting game genre.

Slaythe

So, it's worth it if you're into fighting games. I still think they could have made it a DLC upgrade, but concretely they added too much content I guess.

- The game is a bit faster

- Looks much better on ps4

- New characters are completely unique and add a freshness and crazyness that was a bit missing from Xrd

- They have a new blitz system that works a bit like a focus attack (not to cancel, that is still roman cancel)

- The ability to use your Burst to enhance one of your Super and deal more damage

- They changed the ground Dust a little, now it is more similar to aerial launcher, for "wow" effect

- Ps3 sticks work on Ps4

- Funny lobby system with mini games, like fishing that can grant you new colors etc...

- New story movie, arcade etc...

- Arcade has unique bosses for the characters that are "Shadow version" of existing characters, it is highly possible they end up playable at some point.

- In case you care, they added a stylish mode that lets you do sick combos with few button press...

Kysen

Does the Japanese release have English text? or how likely is the EU one going to get patches on time? I say this because I'd rather be safe with the US version like last time.

Slaythe

Does the Japanese release have English text? or how likely is the EU one going to get patches on time? I say this because I'd rather be safe with the US version like last time.

- We don't know, chances are the japanese version will receive a patch to make it english on US release date, like for Xrd. Nothing set in stone, they might decide not to do it.

- ArkSys is handling the European version this time, the release date is only 3 days after american release date, so it will be patched accordingly with the american version.
Japanese version will receive patches first.

Its weird how a "small" company like Arc System Works can provide so much content while Capcom can't even give us ps3 stick support natively.

Japanese version of Xrd -SIGN- had full English text available in the options.

Don't know if it's the case for -REVELATOR- though.

HardRojo

PS3 sticks work and you don't need to use a DS4? Just plug and play? Way to go ASW! Why didn't you implement it like that Capcom!?

Deimo5

- Arcade has unique bosses for the characters that are "Shadow version" of existing characters, it is highly possible they end up playable at some point.

Does this have context in the new story or something? Just wondering.

Memory

They say the game moved from UE3 to UE4, there is definitely improvements in shading techniques they use, and there are some slight cosmetic damage when your character takes a beating.

Game balance is mostly the same except for the new charged blitz attack and burst supers that does more damage.

From the articles I've seen they made significant effort in improving the lobbies, and as always their story mode is the best in the fighting game genre.

So, it's worth it if you're into fighting games. I still think they could have made it a DLC upgrade, but concretely they added too much content I guess.

- The game is a bit faster

- Looks much better on ps4

- New characters are completely unique and add a freshness and crazyness that was a bit missing from Xrd

- They have a new blitz system that works a bit like a focus attack (not to cancel, that is still roman cancel)

- The ability to use your Burst to enhance one of your Super and deal more damage

- They changed the ground Dust a little, now it is more similar to aerial launcher, for "wow" effect

- Ps3 sticks work on Ps4

- Funny lobby system with mini games, like fishing that can grant you new colors etc...

- New story movie, arcade etc...

- In case you care, they added a stylish mode that lets you do sick combos with few button press...

Thanks for info.

Slaythe

Does this have context in the new story or something? Just wondering.

Not that I'm aware of.

They're the equivalent of the EX characters of GGXX reload etc...

No word on if they will be playable. (patch, dlc, another sequel... NEVER...)
But they exist.

Also to neophyte those altered versions might look identical to regular version. They have different move properties and some abilities basically.

Chipp can alpha blade 4 times during his super and either finish it with the cutscene or go into DP, or just teleport away, kinda crazy.

I have yet to beat the other modes to see.

Also I forgot to mention it because it seems really random at the moment, but they added battle damage. Just scratches and some torn clothes here and there, not too crazy but still nice !

Ravidrath

Its weird how a "small" company like Arc System Works can provide so much content while Capcom can't even give us ps3 stick support natively.

They're both using our PS3 driver tech, it's just a matter of how they're implemented.

To be fair, it's really dependent on how their game was setup beforehand - if their profile system was set up a certain way, it can be really time-consuming to unwind it to do the DS4-free implementation.

PS3 sticks work and you don't need to use a DS4? Just plug and play? Way to go ASW! Why didn't you implement it like that Capcom!?

Because Arc listened to us and Capcom didn't?

We're still hoping Capcom will improve the implementation of our driver, BTW - we're going to send more detailed information along soon.

Ravidrath

more detailed info to capcom or something else?

Pretty sure we sent the same info to both.

Like I said in the other quote above, it's highly dependent on how their profile code is setup, since this tends to get integrated late in the development cycle.

I wasnt going to buy this because I already have Xrd but....I think the demo has sold me. Chip actually feels like a fucking Ninja now.

Im just not willing to pay £50 digital. Will probably cancel my preorder a week before launch and buy a physical copy.

Ravidrath

Just curious, is this ps3 controller support a direct result of ArcSys working with you guys for the Skullgirls Japanese localization?

It may have happened anyway, but Mori first asked me about it a year ago at a dinner meeting I had with him. He was pretty nervous about it, though, because they were afraid it would hurt their relationship with Hori and possibly even Sony.

So people should be very glad Capcom went along with it - all of the Japanese devs we talked to expressed similar concerns. And when Capcom used it for USF4 and SFV, it basically gave them cover and made them comfortable with it.

It may have happened anyway, but Mori first asked me about it a year ago at a dinner meeting I had with him. He was pretty nervous about it, though, because they were afraid it would hurt their relationship with Hori and possibly even Sony.

So people should be very glad Capcom went along with it - all of the Japanese devs we talked to expressed similar concerns. And when Capcom used it for USF4 and SFV, it basically gave them cover and made them comfortable with it.
Dinner meeting with one of Arcs top guys. Ok I'm pretty jealous lol.

HardRojo

Because Arc listened to us and Capcom didn't?

We're still hoping Capcom will improve the implementation of our driver, BTW - we're going to send more detailed information along soon.
Either way, it's great that I can use my PS3 stick to play some PS4 games, so I can only thank you so much for the driver :p And yeah, hopefully Capcom will improve its implementation, but their hands are probably full with other stuff right now.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
This is really pushing me over the edge. I'll probably borrow my friend's PS4 and get the game digitally.

Top Bottom