• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR PS4 PreOrder Demo Out (JP/EU/US) with PS3 Stick Support!

Slaythe

no screen shots?

There you go, made them for you :
950c26b8e08328dee01378bfefdf2c82.jpg

09e82829e8369c08a4c9eb1b8320b3b9.jpg

b245ea881c7cc703ac84c5a1076ed8f1.jpg

effea0f5a48141887aa62b4e13add570.jpg

b880a2d702b2934af9db78cc260de99f.jpg

60901f7661cad2910eaca02f766532ca.jpg

c662f1291beed514c40cde45cf910b2d.jpg

I repeat, if anybody is on east coast or in Europe, I'll shareplay the game with you so you can try it out.

Slaythe

Like any console game, the game looks much better in motion.

Especially the special effects, they look wonderful. On screenshots they look like shitty Jpegs . Somehow. Something to do with how they handle alphas, it's perfect in movement but awful on still pictures.

Dremark

Banned
There's no demo for the US yet. So much for the US being competitive in this game. I really wish Arcsys would get their act together and stop favoring Japan and Europe in their releases, it's clearly discrimination.

Also lack of access to the demo puts me at a disadvantage and will mean I'll lose matches I wouldn't otherwise. It will actually be the only reason I ever lose a match ever regardless of whether or not the other player had access or not.

Gitaroo

There you go, made them for you :

I repeat, if anybody is on east coast or in Europe, I'll shareplay the game with you so you can try it out.

Thanks, looks amazing like always. AA looks much better than last game. Which was the only flaw of last game.

I've been meaning to buy Xrd for ages and I was going to this week since its on sale on PSN but it seems like I should just wait for Revelator instead.

Slaythe

I've been meaning to buy Xrd for ages and I was going to this week since its on sale on PSN but it seems like I should just wait for Revelator instead.

Yes wait for Rev.

FFXV looks worse in motion than it does in stills. :3

That is not exactly true. FFXV is very choppy in movement. But the graphics look a million times better than on stills. Reason being that their anti aliasing is temporal and meant to ease jaggies on animated things, screenshots it appears like it's all fizzy and disgusting, not to mention on a still picture you pay more attention to textures and sometimes, in the case of FFXV, it's a disaster. The animation of FFXV are probably the best ever made, so it clearly helps the game.

There's no demo for the US yet. So much for the US being competitive in this game. I really wish Arcsys would get their act together and stop favoring Japan and Europe in their releases, it's clearly discrimination.

Also lack of access to the demo puts me at a disadvantage and will mean I'll lose matches I wouldn't otherwise. It will actually be the only reason I ever lose a match ever regardless of whether or not the other player had access or not.

Nice troll.

KRaZyAmmo

I'm thinking about getting the game digitally. I got Xrd I think 2 years ago on Valentine's day for $20. so maybe depending on the price for NA I might go digital.

Tu101uk

Don't forget they added throw breaks back into the game after it was missing from SIGN (you have to be pressing f.HS more or less at the same time as the opponent, just like the older GG games).

Also they've added Burst Overdrives, essentially EX/Force Break supers that not only take 50% Tension but your entire Burst bar, in exchange for more damage and invincible startup and slightly different properties (each character only has one each, and it's the Overdrive that does the cinematic for them).

In terms of balance, the SIGN characters play very similarly to the last known version of SIGN, whereas the Japanese players have had a year to mess with Johnny (who is considered pretty OP by some), Jack-O and Jam. Whether they do any balancing between now and launch or thereafter is anyone's guess.

Here's a bit of info from Dustloop's Wiki on the changes between the two, though we've more or less gone over them in this thread.
- ArkSys is handling the European version this time, the release date is only 3 days after american release date, so it will be patched accordingly with the american version.
Japanese version will receive patches first.
Actually it was ArcSystemWorks (along with Sony) who released the first version SIGN, with the delays and unreleased DLC issues that came with that.

Any impressions of the European version? After Xrd was treated in such a crappy way, I am still worried about it, always played the US version because of that.

What is Pqube's track record with the other games they published so far?
This time we have PQube, who have published ASW games in the past. Their record's all right, I don't recall any missed DLC in their past and they handled the first two BlazBlue iterations as well as the first version of Arcana Heart 3 decently so we Europeans should be relatively better off, fingers crossed.

Moraizen

Any impressions of the European version? After Xrd was treated in such a crappy way, I am still worried about it, always played the US version because of that.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Arcsys

Favoring

Europe

I live in Canada but that's literally my reaction. I ain't even mad that Euro gets thrown a bone for once, they didn't even get the +R PS3 port back in the day. Ever since Zen United went down ASW releases in Europe have been a complete shitfest, Persona 4 Arena being the poster turd.

With this game, SF5, Killer Instinct, Pokken, Malty Blood, Mortal Kombat XL, and hopefully Tekken 7, 2016 is becoming the year of fighting games.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
How do you actually cancel a preorder on EU PSN?
I'd love this game but I want to get the physical edition of the game.

Tu101uk

How do you actually cancel a preorder on EU PSN?
I'd love this game but I want to get the physical edition of the game.
You have to go to your Account Settings on the web, then Transaction History, then choose the preorder you wanna cancel.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...ions/pre-orders/playstation-store-pre-orders/

Note that you'd have to do it at least a few days before release, as that's when they'll take payment (they actually inform you during the purchase on exactly when, I just can't remember).

Just to confirm, the EU demo is technically free right? You can pre-order -> play demo -> cancel

Do they take away the demo after you cancel?

The pqube guy who is responsible for GG was very adamant that they want to do it right after the shitfest that was Xrd SIGN in EU. I trust them on that.
How they managed to get the pre-order up speaks volumes imo.

- ArkSys is handling the European version this time, the release date is only 3 days after american release date, so it will be patched accordingly with the american version.
Japanese version will receive patches first.

No. PQube is handling the EU version

Tu101uk

Just to confirm, the EU demo is technically free right? You can pre-order -> play demo -> cancel

I dunno anyone who's tried, to be honest, but I do remember some other PS4 games who had a similar thing, like a closed alpha or beta, working that way. Can't confirm though...

Slaythe

I guess you can pre order => cancel, keep playing the demo...

Has anybody figured out how to trigger battle damage ?

It appeared like 10 times out of 200 matches, that's not normal for a cool "feature" like that.

Deimo5

I guess you can pre order => cancel, keep playing the demo...

Has anybody figured out how to trigger battle damage ?

It appeared like 10 times out of 200 matches, that's not normal for a cool "feature" like that.

Maybe it's not fully implemented? Not all the characters can taunt for example (at least in training mode I found, it's like Jack-O's taunt button doesnt do anything half the time)

Anyone know what the effect of Jack-O's Aegis Field is btw? Only been using her 5 minutes but anyway yeah. Assuming defensive option for the ghosts. ed: ok yeah read the dustloop description

Tu101uk

Is there a tutorial in-game of some sort?
Haven't played a GG since AC on Wii...
Not in the demo, but console Xrd SIGN had a tutorial and character challenge modes built-in, as did their various BlazBlue games, so hopefully it'll still be in there for console Xrd REVELATOR.

AC+R best GG by the way ;)

Moraizen

The pqube guy who is responsible for GG was very adamant that they want to do it right after the shitfest that was Xrd SIGN in EU. I trust them on that.
How they managed to get the pre-order up speaks volumes imo.

No. PQube is handling the EU version

Alright, gonna take the leap of faith right now. I too am surprised at how they were able to match the japanese "demo" release, hopefully a sign of things to come. It's about time that Guilty Gear gets some proper treatment in Europe, so don't mess this up PQube!

Sayad

Kysen

That new training mode input viewer is awesome. Arksys really goes all the way to make the game more approachable.

Skilletor

Is Kum playable in the demo? It's not clear to me if she's playable right away or included as free dlc when the game comes out.

Memory

Picked it up, sure is a lot of content for a demo. I'm sad that they changed Elphelt's stage opening, it use to look so awesome :(.

Tu101uk

They've confirmed that? Shit, thought she'd be a preorder bonus too. I guess they know people will pay but still.
We haven't even seen anything on Dizzy since she was announced, she's definitely still a work-in-progress, might not see her for a while after launch. :/

Slaythe

Remember, shareplay works on this, so you can play online if both players have PS+.

I am in France, with optic fiber and really fast connection, so anything in europe and east coast of america will be fine, if you don't have a potato connection.

I'll be glad to let you test the game / spar with you.

It's not flawless netplay but it passes time !

I played all night with a guilty gear fan i just met trying to beat arcade mode on Maniac difficulty with characters we didn't know. Loads of fun.

Amani

Is it still available for preorder on the US PSN? I've been looking around and can't find anything for Revelator.

Mbrill82

I'm very much looking forward to this, when the first installment for PS4 came out I had yet to upgrade my arcade stick from a PS3 stick and that game of course didn't support those. So I missed out on that game. So I'm very excited to get this. I have since purchased a PS4 stick and I still have my PS3 stick so that's good for some 2 player action. How was the first game in terms of single player content? It's not a deal-breaker of course but it would be nice for some cool single player stuff especially after the anemic offering Street Fighter 5.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Slaythe

I'm very much looking forward to this, when the first installment for PS4 came out I had yet to upgrade my arcade stick from a PS3 stick and that game of course didn't support those. So I missed out on that game. So I'm very excited to get this. I have since purchased a PS4 stick and I still have my PS3 stick so that's good for some 2 player action. How was the first game in terms of single player content? It's not a deal-breaker of course but it would be nice for some cool single player stuff especially after the anemic offering Street Fighter 5.

Revelator will have :

- a 5 hours movie / animated visual novel, to expand the story

- arcade mode for each character

- unlocks like artworks, colors and one character

- training

- challenges

- in depth tutorial and character tutorial

- Database that tells you all about the characters stories etc...

- possibly have MOM back, which is a fun single player mode

But know the online has a new lobby system, it has mini games like fishing that can earn you more content.

It won't have a lot more than current SFV after its patch but much much more than vanilla SFV .

I ve already spent 15 hours on the demo. I can let you share play me if you wanna try it out.

The arcade mode is fun because if you lose the cpu levels down. It s a challenge to keep it high on hardest difficulty.

Tizoc

Revelator will have :

- training

- challenges

But know the online has a new lobby system, it has mini games like fishing that can earn you more content.

It won't have a lot more than current SFV after its patch but much much more than vanilla SFV .

I ve already spent 15 hours on the demo. I can let you share play me if you wanna try it out.

The arcade mode is fun because if you lose the cpu levels down. It s a challenge to keep it high on hardest difficulty.
Honestly gg xrd already had more sp content to begin with

wwm0nkey

Revelator will have :

- training

- challenges

Wait the story is even longer in this one?

Top Bottom