• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
*****VITA VERSION DOES NOT HAVE ONLINE PLAY!*****

top_logo.png

Summary:

• Developer: Arc System Works
  • Platforms: Arcade (Sega RingEdge 2), PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, Windows (new!)
  • Release Dates:
    • Arcades: 20/09/12 (JP)
    • Vita: 19/03/13 (JP), 23/04/13 (NA)
    • X360/PS3 (via patch): 03/03/14
    • Steam: 26/05/15
  • Price:
    • Vita: ¥1500 / $15
    • PSN / XBLA: $15 (for Accent Core Plus)
    • Steam: TBA
  • Space Required (Vita): 915 MB
  • Official Websites: Japan | International
Gameplay (Work in progress): New to Guilty Gear's mechanics? To make your life easier, watch Hitconfirm's Introduction to Guilty Gear (Pt. 1 & Pt. 2).

Characters:

670px-6,667,0,360-Characters2.png

A.B.A, Anji Mito, Axl Low, Baiken, Bridget, Chipp Zanuff, Dizzy, Eddie, Faust, I-No, Jam, Johnny, Justice, Kliff Undersn, Ky Kiske, May, Millia Rage, Order-Sol, Potemkin, Robo-Ky, Slayer, Sol Badguy, Testament, Venom, Zappa

Don't know who to main? Click a character's name to see its episode on "Guilty Bits": a series of videos that covers the basics of each character and is targeted mostly towards newcomers to Guilty Gear.

Changes in +R:

• Rebalancing of all characters!
  • Kliff and Justice are now playable in both Ranked and Player Matches.
  • A +R-only ranking board added to the leaderboards, all previous leaderboards will remain available
  • Screenshot feature added to console version of ACP
New to the Steam version:

• Freezing issues with Frasco and A.D. 2172's slash variants have been fixed
  • Sidebar character art from arcade (v1.11) is available
  • Opposing cardinal inputs are now neutralized (left+right=neutral) to assist hitbox/keyboard players
  • Subtitling supported for several additional languages
  • Other miscellaneous, unspecified bug fixes
Screenshots:

Important Links:

Reviews:

Community: Add yourself to the Guilty GAF spreadsheet, to coordinate matches and miss FRCs with fellow GAF members! List of players here, look on the bottom tab that says "+R (Steam)".

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really wonder how dead the online will be and if they included online achievements this outing.

vocab

I dunno if I should even care at this point. The online sucked for the base game. It was so sloppy.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
lol

sad to hear online was so bad for this

I think I'll wait for BBCP myself before trying my hand at another arc game

Busaiku

Honestly the netcode wasn't so terrible on my end.
In the games I played, I managed to get along just fine, of course my execution is garbage, so there's that.

It's mainly the fact that it's completely featureless that turns me off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha, so what is the holdup? Re-rating it?

Onemic

It's actually region locked? o_O

Well you could buy it technically, but then you'd have to erase your memory stick and have GG for vita on your jpn account with nothing else except the other titles you may have also bought on your jpn account. If you switch over to your native account all the memory on your stick will be erased.

So pretty much you can buy it, but you can't.

"Guilty Gear Vita (JP) includes English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese, and German. My trophies are also in English."

https://twitter.com/kyletwentytwo/statuses/314189631379881984

This makes me even sadder.

FSLink

Banned
Vita's memory is region locked. Like, it only allows one account on it or something anti-consumer like that.

I'm quite aware yeah, but the way it was worded had me confused.

I have more than one memory card thankfully so I might pick this up...though the way to switch accounts now sounds painful. Probably be best to just wait.

Riposte

Wait, I'm confused. So we don't have the "+R" patch for consoles yet and don't know a set date when it is coming?

As I tweeted (and Takao posted above), the JP game is in many languages and my trophies are in English, which means an international release shouldn't be far behind.

Haven't tried an online game yet (been on a bus all day), but will give it a shot in a few hours.

That the US release date by the way, no doubt the EU release is still several months down the line (thanks Sony of Europe's QA department!)

Glad we got a US Vita date, hope this comes to consoles soon.

I was just grinding it out in training mode just last weekend with HOS. Big shame the online was bad, I would be so happy if they fixed the netcode at least. This game deserves better.

Riou

I really hope they don't screw it up for consoles. The patch for xbox better be there for all regions when its released. I was in Canada and the wait was agonizing.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys read today's blog post about Guilty Gear? It looks like Accent Core on Vita could've been a possibility much earlier but they shelved the idea. It's an interesting read.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I keep hearing conflicting reports about this, does the vita version of +R have online or no?
According to Dustloop, it does but it's only player matches cause there are no leaderboards.

Onemic

According to Dustloop, it does but it's only player matches cause there are no leaderboards.

In the Vita thread someone who has the jpn version says they don't have online. Now everyone in that thread thinks there's no point of buying it. What's worse are that there are no impressions of the jpn version to stop the spread of misinformation.

EDIT: Ya, seems like it might be ad-hoc only. People are saying the twitter pic of that dude using network mode is actually just ad-hoc mode. Maybe he doesn't know Japanese?

anddo0

In the Vita thread someone who has the jpn version says they don't have online. Now everyone in that thread thinks there's no point of buying it. What's worse are that there are no impressions of the jpn version to stop the spread of misinformation.

EDIT: Ya, seems like it might be ad-hoc only. People are saying the twitter pic of that dude using network mode is actually just ad-hoc mode. Maybe he doesn't know Japanese?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/22/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-r-on-ps-vita-tomorrow/

the trailer says online modes. Unless it means ad-hoc only.

Onemic

GGAC+R is out now on Vita! Get it!

I'm downloading now and will post if there's online play or not. There should be though.

ninjatuned

Neo Member
Taken from the store page features -

1 player(s)
Ad Hoc Mode 2 Players
640KB Minimum
Touchscreen
Rear Touch Pad

I think I've made a big mistake

Yeah I bought it, ad-hoc only.

I'm not personally upset by it, I knew that it was adhoc only when I bought it and I mostly use portable fighters while on trips anyway. However the game's store page and screenshots are very misleading, yeesh. It talks about having a network mode (it technically does, but most people will read that as an online mode) and the very first screenshot is of a player lobby.

Mesoian

So, aside from the balance patch, there's no practical difference between this and the PSP version? OK.

or the PS2 version, or the Wii version.

I really like guilty Gear, I really like ArcSysWorks, maybe it's time for an actually new Guilty Gear Game. Take advantage of the power vacuum left by Capcom cancelling everything they were working on for 2014 and beyond.

ReaperXL7

Yeah I bought it, ad-hoc only.

I'm not personally upset by it, I knew that it was adhoc only when I bought it and I mostly use portable fighters while on trips anyway. However the game's store page and screenshots are very misleading, yeesh. It talks about having a network mode (it technically does, but most people will read that as an online mode) and the very first screenshot is of a player lobby.

how does it look/play on the vita? any major issues there?

So, aside from the balance patch, there's no practical difference between this and the PSP version? OK.

Other than the higher resolution/OLED making it look a whole lot nicer, no not really.

It does look very nice. Depends how much you value that if you already own the PSP version.

how does it look/play on the vita? any major issues there?

It looks really really nice. Very sharp. Plays perfectly fine too. No complaints on that front.

Top Bottom