• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R |OT| Ready to rock on STEAM (with netcode!)

Essay

Particularly proud of this, took quite a few tries, what with I-no flying around and wrecking my shit every single time, but....

ELGA9mOl.jpg

Now you've just got to do it on arcade mode Order Sol!

Can someone give me an idea on how the game should be played? This is coming from someone who likes rushdown characters. I can even deal with the Ryu style characters too (If there is any).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Today I had some good matches with a 3 bar connection. Tops 6 frames of lag.

Anyone want to add me to get some games in? My steam id is simsiriphanh. Probably will be able to play at random times on the weekend and on friday. Want to give my Justass a whirl and see how I can do since she is slow as fuck in this version.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
does the game have any sort of spectator mode?

I actually didn't mind Arcade I-NO in GGXX.

But now? Fucking SNK boss syndrome all up ins.

Even with Millia (one of my better characters) and the difficulty set to beginner, it still took me 3 tries to beat I-NO. The projectiles aren't that big a deal, but when she gets to the last 1/5th health she starts reading all the inputs.
I probably could have saved a few headaches if I remembered to use QCF+D.

Faust on normal? 9+...actually I just gave up. This was after sleeping through the first 9 opponents.

RM8

I can't play ArcSys fighters for crap, but I naively think buying this could potentially bring Xrd to PC by ~2025. What to do :x

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I actually didn't mind Arcade I-NO in GGXX.

But now? Fucking SNK boss syndrome all up ins.

Even with Millia (one of my better characters) and the difficulty set to beginner, it still took me 3 tries to beat I-NO. The projectiles aren't that big a deal, but when she gets to the last 1/5th health she starts reading all the inputs.
I probably could have saved a few headaches if I remembered to use QCF+D.

Faust on normal? 9+...actually I just gave up. This was after sleeping through the first 9 opponents.
In ACP they disabled insta-kills for her which is fair, but in +R they upped the bullshit through the ceiling.

Essay

Think I'm gonna try to learn this game. I heard Faust is not that difficult to play but what about May?

May went from probably one of the top 5 easiest in vanilla accent core, to being middle-of-the-road, or maybe slightly harder than average in +R. She no longer has all day to confirm off of her j.H, and has to rely a bit more on her tighter charge links, and some height/character-specific air-confirms with her steerable air DP move. Besides combos, her neutral game and pressure is pretty easy to figure out, but her mixup can take some creativity to open people up at high level.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Online is very hit or miss. The lag in the select screen is persistent though.

Pretty much what I've noticed. If it's lagged in the character select no matter of "wait for the introduction to finish" will fix it, unlike Blazblue/modern Arc fighters.

I forgot how hard it is to actually play I-No in this game. I can hit HCL FRC but the TK into 6FRC6 is what gets me. I can get it sometimes but I'm nowhere near consistent with it.

Oh well, Order Sol is always there for me. I love how weighty his run and jump feel. Landing combos and rushing down feel so right. Getting into Baiken more since I played her casually in AC and she's also fun but it's a pain trying to hit j.H xx taitami on lightweights in the corner after an airdash.

Decado

Anyone know if the version on nuuvem is region free?

Also, I know this is the newer version, but is it actually better than X2 Reload?

Essay

Anyone know if the version on nuuvem is region free?

Brazilian, or just trying to buy with a favourable exchange rate? Looking at the store page, I'm assuming it's just a basic Steam key, with the disclaimer on the left that translates to, "This content uses Steamworks and requires the Steam application for activation, download and installation". Going by that, and this thread in the GGXXACPRSE forum, I can't imagine the nuvvem version would be region-locked.

EDIT: Also, I just checked, and can confirm that the basic Steam store version has a Portuguese option right in the language setting. Seems unlikely that there'd be a alt. Brazilian version floating around.

Also, I know this is the newer version, but is it actually better than X2 Reload?
Reload had some pretty broken stuff in it. +R is polished to the max, and should feel deeper in every way. More characters, more viable applications of meter, more sensible damage, etc.... I highly recommend it if you liked Reload.

ArjanN

Update #3 is live on Steam

Bug Fixes #03 - 06/03
- Added a "V-Sync On/Off" toggle function in Options. For players experiencing input delays (please do not confuse with network delay), kindly switch this option "OFF". The default is "ON".
- Added a function to allow users to log out and return to the mortal realm. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
- Reduced the SE volume during continuous Faultless Defense blocking.
- Added "RESET" and "PAUSE MENU" (aka Start/Back) to Controller Settings.

- Tweaked online performance.
For better online experience, please kindly set "Connection Quality" as "ON" for your online search parameters.

- Added 4:3 support
Without side panels, as by popular demand.

Pretty good support.

Decado

Brazilian, or just trying to buy with a favourable exchange rate? Looking at the store page, I'm assuming it's just a basic Steam key, with the disclaimer on the left that translates to, "This content uses Steamworks and requires the Steam application for activation, download and installation". Going by that, and this thread in the GGXXACPRSE forum, I can't imagine the nuvvem version would be region-locked.

EDIT: Also, I just checked, and can confirm that the basic Steam store version has a Portuguese option right in the language setting. Seems unlikely that there'd be a alt. Brazilian version floating around.

Reload had some pretty broken stuff in it. +R is polished to the max, and should feel deeper in every way. More characters, more viable applications of meter, more sensible damage, etc.... I highly recommend it if you liked Reload.

Thanks! Online any good? Easy to get games?

I haven't played for a long time, so I'd have to spend a while in SP. I just hope MP isn't dead by the time I get decent.

Essay

Thanks! Online any good? Easy to get games?

I haven't played for a long time, so I'd have to spend a while in SP. I just hope MP isn't dead by the time I get decent.

I'm going to say that the online MP doesn't seem great. Haven't played it as much as the Xbox/PS3 versions, but I think it's the same netcode, which has only been stable for me with people who live within ~500km of here (Eastern Canada). Overall, it falls somewhere in between MK9 and SFIV's netcode IMO, if you've played both of those, but with even fewer features.

Judging by those patch-notes though, the devs are still tweaking things, so maybe it'll be godlike by the time you log on.
(Probably won't be, unless a fan-made netplay mod springs up.)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Have you guys checked out the latest patch? After turning off the V-Sync and the borders coupled with whatever online tweaking they have done, this is feeling much better online. 2 bar connections are actually decent.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have you guys checked out the latest patch? After turning off the V-Sync and the borders coupled with whatever online tweaking they have done, this is feeling much better online. 2 bar connections are actually decent.

Turning the V-sync off turned off whatever was causing the input lag. But tearing. I forced V-sync on Nvidia and haven't noticed any input lag, but it seems tearing still happens randomly but less often than without it. :/

Ran up to like 640 in Survival with Justice and started to notice tearing. Ugh.

OrochiJR

GG-Gaf, I have two questions regarding the Xbox 360 version off GGAC+R. As I booted up the game recently after a long time, two things came to my attention.

1) the sound quality is very, very bad. Music and effects sound very muffled. It's pretty bad. Is this a known issue? Is it better on PS3 and PC? Might get another version then.

2) I believe the PS2 version of Accent Core Plus (not R), offered older versions of the stages to be selected. Can you unlock those in the XBLA version? Are they maybe included in the Steam port of the game? Just looking for the most complete version;)

Saikyo

1) the sound quality is very, very bad. Music and effects sound very muffled. It's pretty bad. Is this a known issue? Is it better on PS3 and PC? Might get another version then.

All versions of GGAC+R had to compress everything because of the dumb space limitations of XBLA, so thanks Microsoft for the low quality music and sound effects.

PC is a better version because they fixed some freeze issues in some classic stages.

2) I believe the PS2 version of Accent Core Plus (not R), offered older versions of the stages to be selected. Can you unlock those in the XBLA version? Are they maybe included in the Steam port of the game? Just looking for the most complete version;)

You can unlock them playing the story mode, I-no boss stage you need to defeat her in arcade mode.

Top Bottom