• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Made A Fake Tinder Profile To Prove That Girls Never Think Hot Dudes Are Creepy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Words

I guess I look it at this way.

Why should I, as a man, be telling women what to do?

Kinda presumptuous.
That is silly. Society is telling women what to do. We should encourage them to participate equally. Obviously, that does not mean we should tell them they have to participate equally, but that it should be an equally valid option for them as well.

So you're saying because lots of women can be slutty for a hot guy that was an asshole to them, that means all women forgive creepiness if the guy is attractive enough? Fuck outta here with those generalizations. This kinda shit is why I'm reluctant to do what I want and have NSA sex with guys as I please, because they might be like "man this bitch was just ready to go, women are fucking whores"

I mean you're going to get that regardless, and that's probably rooted to the centuries belief of a woman's virtue being tied to her sexual promiscuity or in this case, lack there of.

So in short, just don't give a fuck and do you.

Two Words

The messages don't seem that creepy honestly, especially considering it's basically grindr for straight people.

Plus the fact that his opening line is offering to go down on them, and his tone comes across as more playful than anything. Who doesn't enjoy some no-strings attached oral?
I think the point is supposed to be if an ugly person did it, it would be considered creepy.

My buddy wasnt having much luck on Tinder at all and then he changed his profile description from stuff he likes to do to something along the lines of

"I'm always hungry or horny so either fuck me or make me a sandwich"

Or something close to that anyway. His match success rate increased tenfold.

Id love to be so blunt just to see the success rate but my career path forces me to be PG and professional for life

Aselith

So you're saying because lots of women can be slutty for a hot guy that was an asshole to them, that means all women forgive creepiness if the guy is attractive enough? Fuck outta here with those generalizations. This kinda shit is why I'm reluctant to do what I want and have NSA sex with guys as I please, because they might be like "man this bitch was just ready to go, women are fucking whores"

Oh shit, no wait call me! I would never think that of you! THIS WORLD DOESNT DESERVE YOU

Fx3RWt5.gif

:p

Biske

As has been said previously, Tinder is for fucking.

If you are on Tinder using it to find true love and a deep connection, you are some kind of oblivious lunatic.

So the over all willingness to fuck isn't surprising.

People taking a lot of shit from attractive people... yeah. It's a sliding scale, the more attractive someone finds you, the more everything you do is cast in a charming light.

In order for this to be a real study, he would have to use an unattractive person as a control group saying the same thing, make sure there is not selective bias of the type of people that use Tinder, and show all of his results. This just shows that some women are open to hooking up with a hot guy, assuming it isn't fake. It shouldn't shock anybody that being much more attractive will net you better results in trying to hook up. But that doesn't mean women typically don't mind that kind of stuff from hot guys in general.
Yep.

Metroxed

Big surprise. As a short man I don't bother with online dating, I have all the odds against me. If average height average looking guys have it hard, my situation is quite worse.

eizarus

Banned
As has been said previously, Tinder is for fucking.

If you are on Tinder using it to find true love and a deep connection, you are some kind of oblivious lunatic.

So the over all willingness to fuck isn't surprising.

People taking a lot of shit from attractive people... yeah. It's a sliding scale, the more attractive someone finds you, the more everything you do is cast in a charming light.

Tell that to the girls here in Scotland.

Cutting out the BS and putting effort into your pics goes a long way on Tinder. I don't even think I have a bio and I'm not great looking.

I send the same passionate making out gif to every match and get 90% positive responses that leads to a quick number and usually a date.

entremet

That is silly. Society is telling women what to do. We should encourage them to participate equally. Obviously, that does not mean we should tell them they have to participate equally, but that it should be an equally valid option for them as well.

I'm not talking about society.

I'm specifically talking about men lamenting why women aren't as overt in their initiating as men.

AdanVC

Damn... And I simply just don't remember when was the last time I got a match on Tinder even though I casually open the app almost everyday :'( Being ugly sucks you guize, 0/10 not recommend...

Nah, I honestly don't consider ugly myself, it's simply that I use long hair and all my pics on my Tinder profile feature that. I don't have shirtless pics showing my abs because I don't have abs, lol. I'm skinny but never work out and I think it shows on my actual pics. I guess girls there simply don't find long haired boys attractive : / The only matches I have there are from girls that are huge heavy metal fans. But most of them get dissapointed once I told them I really dislike heavy metal music and all of it's countless sub-genres because that music put me nervous and stressed af. I guess it's time for me to put my hair in bun and took lot's of shirtless pics with sunglasses on my profile to get dem gurlz!
Not really

It would work the exact same way if the roles were reversed too.

But guys don't think women propositioning sex right away is creepy. The role-reversal would be a hot woman saying she was looking to meet "The One" and get pregnant that night, but you'd also have to meet her parents first.

Damn... And I simply just don't remember when was the last time I got a match on Tinder even though I casually open the app almost everyday :'( Being ugly sucks you guize, 0/10 not recommend...

Nah, I honestly don't consider ugly myself, it's simply that I use long hair and all my pics on my Tinder profile feature that. I don't have shirtless pics showing my abs because I don't have abs, lol. I'm skinny but never work out and I think it shows on my actual pics. I guess girls there simply don't find long haired boys attractive : / The only matches I had there are from girls that are huge heavy metal fans. But most of them get dissapointed once I told them I really dislike heavy metal music and all of it's countless sub-genres because that music put me nervous and stressed af. I guess it's time for me to put my hair in bun and took lot's of shirtless pics with sunglasses on my profile to get dem gurlz!
Not really

get dat man bun son

Lulubop

This is a little old, and I think Tinder has changed a bit in the last year or so. I'm sure he was rejected a bunch of times, so to me this wouldn't be worth doing. I can get the same results without being so direct initially.

Not saying every girl will give it up like this but contextually speaking (we were 20 and did this on our college campus of 20K students) a lot of them do. I was not left with a sense of "OMG these girls are whores!" it was more of an eye opener to me that looks matter waaaay more than I previously thought.

Every single girl on Tinder that had the msg "No hookups" were basically bending over for my friend. I mean how does someone refute that?

Looks matter y'all, hit the gym, get a nice sense of style and take fantastic pics and Tinder will be the dream

What bothers me the most about this "experiment" is the sincere lack of people calling bullshit on this guy's profile. And since we only see a handful of interactions, I'm not convinced that there weren't more women calling bullshit and/or rejecting this dude outright.

There's no actual way I would look at those pics and go "yeah this is a real account."

Aselith

What bothers me the most about this "experiment" is the sincere lack of people calling bullshit on this guy's profile. And since we only see a handful of interactions, I'm not convinced that there weren't more women calling bullshit and/or rejecting this dude outright.

There's no actual way I would look at those pics and go "yeah this is a real account."

People don't really call bullshit, they just swipe left

bidguy

Banned
man they are quick on the trigger with their numbers. meanwhile i have to sweettalk them for a few days just to set a date

Not saying every girl will give it up like this but contextually speaking (we were 20 and did this on our college campus of 20K students) a lot of them do. I was not left with a sense of "OMG these girls are whores!" it was more of an eye opener to me that looks matter waaaay more than I previously thought.

Every single girl on Tinder that had the msg "No hookups" were basically bending over for my friend. I mean how does someone refute that?

Looks matter y'all, hit the gym, get some a nice sense of style and take fantastic pics and Tinder will be the dream

People are walking contradictions, plus I think this phenomena occurs due to society labeling women "sluts" and "whores" for freely acting on their natural sexual desires. Therefore it causes a lot of them to put up a facade for appearance's sake in order to maintain being perceived as a "lady" and deemed acceptable in mainstream society, while keeping everything else on the DL and in privacy so as to not negatively affect their image.

Mimosa97

And if an attractive female sent that sort of message?

I appreciate the examples of how easy it was, but there's a whole industry around fake woman profiles which effectively say the same thing.

Mmmhh you can be a not-so-attractive female and do the same thing and it will work 100% of the time. To be able to act like this as a man and not be rejected by women you have to be a 9.5/10+.

Anyway guys don't complain later on about how hot women who just want sex are terrible and assholes. That's the main difference. But yeah it works for both sexes.

MsKrisp

Looks matter y'all, hit the gym, get a nice sense of style and take fantastic pics and Tinder will be the dream

Well yeah, of course looks matter especially if you're just trying to smash.

And as far as "no hookups" on the profile, I think a lot of women put that on there because women aren't trying to appear outwardly slutty on an app many of their classmates are gonna see them on, or they were honestly looking for a relationship. Doesn't mean we all (men and women) don't want something hot and fast now and then while we're looking for something real

norm9

I get the feeling everyone on online dating sites are either catfishing or doing some sort of social experiment with fake photos. These "articles" show up in forum threads, blogs, etc like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom