• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 launch trailer (David Fincher, Tim Miller) premiering Oct. 18th

zlatko

Banned
They should delay this to the day before the game releases.

Only because the second they reveal it, my body will go into hype overdrive and I will not be able to contain myself for the remaining time to release!

:(
:D
:D

Squire

Banned
Eh, I'm excited just because they're live-action stuff is always enjoyable. Exec Producer never does anything. It's an opportunity to name drop more than anything else.

ms sure threw some dollars at halo 4.

i dont generally like live action stuff, certainly my eyes glaze at forward until dawn nonsense. but yeah, i'm almost excited for this. hopefully it can continue the tradition of a few epic halo/gears trailers this gen.

DerZuhälter;43055606 said:
Getting a Hollywood director for a video game trailer?! What an incredible idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEwUtcDkOgs&feature=relmfu

Don't think it worked out or had any kind of impact on that one.

Y0J45.gif

I really enjoy the Halo Live action stuff, hopefully this will be as good as the others. We haven't had an actual gameplay trailer yet though, have we? (Something like the Halo 3 Gameplay trailer)

Hatten

HOY MEETS BOY!

But seriously, just ask Bloomkamp to come back, D9 showed he had the ability to make the most epic videogame-based movie ever made.

Did you really just compare David Fincher to Michael Bay.

Yes I did and I regret nothing. It's a marketing ploy and not even a good one. The cross sum of Halo fans and Fincher fans will get wetter panties than the mere Halo fan. The rest won't care. It's 2 minute of live action commercial that serves no purpose other than attaching another "big name" to a video game to attract non video gamers. But it never works.

see5harp

DerZuhälter;43059259 said:
Yes I did and I regret nothing. It's a marketing ploy and not even a good one. The cross sum of Halo fans and Fincher fans will get wetter panties than the mere Halo fan. The rest won't care. It's 2 minute of live action commercial that serves no purpose other than attaching another "big name" to a video game to attract non video gamers. But it never works.

Of course it's not going to make a bad game great or an uninteresting game suddenly become a big hype machine. If you like the previous ads for the franchise and are a fan of David Fincher, why wouldn't you be interested in this thing?

TUROK

Did you really just compare David Fincher to Michael Bay.
It's a valid comparison. They both started off as commercial and music video directors who worked in the same studio: Propaganda Films. Hell, Bay directed Meat Loaf's I'd Do Anything for Love music video based on Fincher's initial idea for the video.

TheOddOne

DerZuhälter;43059259 said:
Why do you care so much then? Everybody in this thread knows it's marketing, it is a commercial. Btw Halo marketing has been substantially better then other who have tried it.

Apath

I miss the days when the trailers were actual gameplay and not a bunch of bullshit of what everyone wishes the game would be like.

ced

I miss the days when the trailers were actual gameplay and not a bunch of bullshit of what everyone wishes the game would be like.

I came to post this, the last thing I want in a game trailer, especially the launch one is a lack of gameplay or in-game assets.

Apath

So far, a lot of those have been released.

Like what? The announcement trailer was CGI. I'm talking about like with Halo 2: the commercial they ran was fucking awesome, was full of gameplay, and only used dialogue from the game. Then Halo 3 ran this bullshit ad that literally had nothing to do with the game -- the battle in the commercial never happens, let alone is there any indication that one like it has taken place. Hell, it kind of spoiled that humans "win" the war.

Not that I am confusing this for the official commercial for the game or anything, but it's not hard to see the direction it's going in.

EDIT: Or maybe this will be the official commercial? Launch trailer is kind of an ambiguous term.

TheOddOne

Like what? The announcement trailer was CGI. I'm talking about like with Halo 2: the commercial they ran was fucking awesome, was full of gameplay, and only used dialogue from the game. Then Halo 3 ran this bullshit ad that literally had nothing to do with the game -- the battle in the commercial never happens, let alone is there any indication that one like it has taken place. Hell, it kind of spoiled that humans "win" the war.

Not that I am confusing this for the official commercial for the game or anything, but it's not hard to see the direction it's going in.
- A Hero Awakens
- Return of the Forerunners
- Weapons trailers: Covenant, Promethean and UNSC.
- E3 Campaign Demo.
- MLG and PAX (There are more in the recommended section).

TheOddOne

They show off one particular level or multiplayer aspect. They aren't trailers that give an overview of the story or actual game like that Halo 3 trailer.
No doubt that there will be one, there has always been one live action one and a gameplay centric one. Even last years CE: Anniverary had it.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Will their be behind the scenes, and multiple commentaries? I wanna see where the green screen was used.

How many takes?

oh, only producing...... nevermind, carry on.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Eh, I'm excited just because they're live-action stuff is always enjoyable. Exec Producer never does anything. It's an opportunity to name drop more than anything else.
incorrect. I personally worked closely with him and the agency. He takes it very seriously and is a pro.

Also there will be a gameplay trailer for folks who remember that there are those who said this day would never come.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
incorrect. I personally worked closely with him and the agency. He takes it very seriously and is a pro.

Also there will be a gameplay trailer for folks who remember that there are those who said this day would never come.

WHAT ARE THEY TO SAY NOW :-0

Top Bottom