• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 launch trailer (David Fincher, Tim Miller) premiering Oct. 18th

joelclapo7exj.gif

Hopefully this tops Halo 3's "Starry Night" trailer, that remains my favourite from all the Halo games.

Starry Night is actually an incredibly powerful trailer. Captures the innocence of youth and imagination and the horror of war. Just brutal

Fincher really should take another stab at sci-fi. He didn't have the experience under his belt that he clearly needed for something as big as Alien 3. That isn't a problem anymore. He'd make a great sci-fi film if he tried again, I'm sure of it.

Grisby

I didn't mind Alien 3 so much. It had some nice shots and the atmosphere of the prison was decent. It just paled in the shadows of the first two so much.

On the other hand my desire to see this trailer has reached critical mass.

Edit-^^^^^^^

Damn that teaser pic is hot! Here's to hoping it blows 'Starry Night' out of the water. I never did like the 'Deliver Hope' commercial for Reach.

Where is trailer I want see

Fincher really should take another stab at sci-fi. He didn't have the experience under his belt that he clearly needed for something as big as Alien 3. That isn't a problem anymore. He'd make a great sci-fi film if he tried again, I'm sure of it.

Fincher's main issue was a lack of knowledge in dealing with an extremely intrusive studio. He doesn't even want his name listed in the credits of the movie due to the amount of studio intervention that occurred during production. Of the four Alien movies, Fincher is the only director that did not record a commentary track nor work to create a director's cut of the film when the Alien Quadrilogy set came out.

zlatko

Banned
I'm extremely hyped now that we are on the day of the trailer. That teaser pics really makes me get a Gears of War 1 "Mad World" advert vibe.

LowParry

I'm extremely hyped now that we are on the day of the trailer. That teaser pics really makes me get a Gears of War 1 "Mad World" advert vibe.

Naw. I don't understand why people think Mad World is such a great trailer when Rendezvous was so much better imo. Either way, really looking forward to seeing the Halo 4 trailer.

Daft_Cat

Naw. I don't understand why people think Mad World is such a great trailer when Rendezvous was so much better imo. Either way, really looking forward to seeing the Halo 4 trailer.

Agreed. Gave an incredible sense of the conflict. It's one of the best trailers of the gen.

zlatko

Banned

I did not mention where Mad World stacked up in my list of favorite trailers this gen at all though. I simply said that based off that 1 picture I see, knowing David Fincher is associated with it, and how the marketing ads were for ODST and Reach, that I'm getting Mad World vibes from it.

Wonder why there is no mention of Blur studios? Tim Miller is the head of that company. I wonder if he has a starting up a new Visual Effects studio?

I don't have a television so hopefully this goes up on YouTube tonight.
As this is your first reply to the thread I thought you have at least read the OP. But I was wrong:
The extended two-minute trailer will make its world premiere during the 18th October episode of “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” (airs weeknights on NBC at 11:35pm CT) before the launch of “Halo 4” on 6th November. It will be available on Halo Waypoint and the Xbox YouTube channel immediately following the broadcast debut (around 6am BST).

parasight

That's what I thought. Punk confirming his heel status.

It was actually intentional. It wasn't the same guy Punk hit. You gotta look closely to see it was the guy in white behind the guy Punk hit.

On topic: Can't fucking wait for both this trailer and the game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It was actually intentional. It wasn't the same guy Punk hit. You gotta look closely to see it was the guy in white behind the guy Punk hit.

Oh wow you're right. This makes it a lot funnier :lol

Wrestling scumbag is still an ass.

On topic: Can't fucking wait for both this trailer and the game.

Oh shit. Didn't notice that guy at all.

I have derailed this thread enough.

Top Bottom