• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 launch trailer (David Fincher, Tim Miller) premiering Oct. 18th

zlatko

Banned
incorrect. I personally worked closely with him and the agency. He takes it very seriously and is a pro.

Also there will be a gameplay trailer for folks who remember that there are those who said this day would never come.

Who are you trying to impress? Huh? Because it's working. <3

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
joelclapo7exj.gif

Hopefully this tops Halo 3's "Starry Night" trailer, that remains my favourite from all the Halo games.

Mildly excited for this but I'd rather a gameplay trailer (yeah, I saw Frankie's post).

We've finally started our chronological coop campaign marathon today, these get longer every year.

watership

incorrect. I personally worked closely with him and the agency. He takes it very seriously and is a pro.

Also there will be a gameplay trailer for folks who remember that there are those who said this day would never come.

I would pay to have Michael Wincott walk behind me and narrate my day. I don't know where that came from. I may have chosen unwisely at dinner...

Dany

Banned
Fincher did gods work in the beginning of TGWTDT and the opening montage of Social Network. I expect amazingness.

The only thing I am worried about is the live action MC armor.. even with Fincher and Miller, if it doesn't look right then it will make the rest feel awkward. The armor looked great in the Reach live action ads, but so far it looks kinda weird in FUD and The Commissioning extended tv version.

Squire

Banned

Good news! Totally what I was hoping for. Fincher's my favorite. Sorry if that post came off s bit more curt/cynical than I intended. ^_^

Draconian

It's a valid comparison. They both started off as commercial and music video directors who worked in the same studio: Propaganda Films. Hell, Bay directed Meat Loaf's I'd Do Anything for Love music video based on Fincher's initial idea for the video.

Yeah, it's a valid comparison if we ignore all their work post 1990.

GloveSlap

Damn that's some cold shit right there. Guy behind the dude with glasses slapped that wrestler. Glasses guy gets pimp slapped.

It looked like the guy might have scratched him as well if you look at his fingers. I love how he was so proud of himself the way he was putting on his glasses, and then the look after.

Anyway, I am super hyped for the trailer. I loved the Halo 3 diorama trailer, and this has the potential to be even better.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So then it's really airing on the 19th? Ugh, they should've clarified.
The press release lists the show's time in CST (11:35pm), which makes it pretty obvious that it's the episode airing the night of the 18th, not the morning.

Sanjuro

The press release lists the show's time in CST (11:35pm), which makes it pretty obvious that it's the episode airing the night of the 18th, not the morning.

Have I ever told you reading your posts sounds mentally terrifying with that avatar?

Grisby

I'm ready for that trailer. Someone at 343 should leak it tonight.

Yo, random programmer guy, if your reading this post leak the trailer. I won't tell them it was you.

Can't wait. I went on XBL tonight to download a Halo game I hadn't played, ODST, to sate a Halo craving and what do you know, no ODST on the store. Fine, I'll just buy and download CE Anniversary instead. Nope, not on the store either. Good job leaving money on the table, Microsoft. These are YOUR games. They should be on the store. All because their brilliant coders can't figure out how to put games with multiple discs on the store. Yeesh. And why not offer Halo 4 as a digital download day 1?

Grisby

Can't wait. I went on XBL tonight to download a Halo game I hadn't played, ODST, to sate a Halo craving and what do you know, no ODST on the store. Fine, I'll just buy and download CE Anniversary instead. Nope, not on the store either. Good job leaving money on the table, Microsoft. These are YOUR games. They should be on the store. All because their brilliant coders can't figure out how to put games with multiple discs on the store. Yeesh. And why not offer Halo 4 as a digital download day 1?
What? Since I own those on disc I would have never checked but damn, yeah it's strange they aren't up there.

MrDaravon

I posted this in the Halo thread, but I was thinking about picking up Halo 3 on Games on Demand. They want $29.99 for it lol.

Can't wait til this airs tomorrow.. Maybe they will release a teaser with tonight's bulletin.

That is true, they really should get those games out on to on demand. As for Halo 4, if it truly is an issue with two disc games then I guess thats a no go also.. SP disc 1, MP disc 2.

I posted this in the Halo thread, but I was thinking about picking up Halo 3 on Games on Demand. They want $29.99 for it lol.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It's almost as if they don't want to sell anything. Normally Games on Demand match the MSRP. Halo 3's MSRP is 19.99, not 29.99. Microsoft either isn't very bright (as evidenced by their inability to put ODST and Anniversary on the store) or they just enjoy screwing fans (as evidenced by the price of Halo 3 on GoD). I really dont get it.

Sadly not surprised, they can't curate that space for shit and the online marketplace really feels like an afterthought to whatever retail strategy they have. All console makers are in the same boat but it's baffling they wouldn't have online deals and events building up to the release of the game.

derFeef

When is it out? ETA?

from the op:
The extended two-minute trailer will make its world premiere during the 18th October episode of &#8220;Late Night with Jimmy Fallon&#8221; (airs weeknights on NBC at 11:35pm CT) before the launch of &#8220;Halo 4&#8221; on 6th November. It will be available on Halo Waypoint and the Xbox YouTube channel immediately following the broadcast debut (around 6am BST).

edit: so it should be out already ;)

Top Bottom