• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

Welfare

Has anyone else noticed that Tidal Island™ is just an emaciated Grunt?

xAU6ks.png
So who risk's this thread by putting elzar in that?

Madness

Stop playing by yourself all the time? If you start having a bad experience, play a different game for a while and come back later?

When even pros like Ogre2 don't want to play the game due to solo queuing this is something they need to look at going forward. I haven't touched Team Arena in a long time solely because I go in alone 99% of the time and any mode that requires a modicum of teamwork is shit without going in as a party. The solution isn't to just say well play with people or party up or don't play. So I stick to SWAT, Infection, BTB, maybe Slayer and mostly Warzone where team shooting and communication not as big a requirement. Also, I still cannot go more than 1 or 2 games in a row where someone doesn't quit out at the first sign of adversity.

When even pros like Ogre2 don't want to play the game due to solo queuing this is something they need to look at going forward. I haven't touched Team Arena in a long time solely because I go in alone 99% of the time and any mode that requires a modicum of teamwork is shit without going in as a party. The solution isn't to just say well play with people or party up or don't play. So I stick to SWAT, Infection, BTB, maybe Slayer and mostly Warzone where team shooting and communication not as big a requirement. Also, I still cannot go more than 1 or 2 games in a row where someone doesn't quit out at the first sign of adversity.

At this point, I don't even need solo queue playlists to be ranked. I just want to enjoy my playtime.

Lren

Just a few more days for Firefight!

Every time I think about it, I get butterfly's in my stomach. Which doesn't happen often nowadays but that beta was just too fun.

Xbox tag is SpartanHighwind though I mainly stick to modes like Infection or Grifball and soon Firefight. Would be awesome to join you fellas.

At this point, I don't even need solo queue playlists to be ranked. I just want to enjoy my playtime.
Yeah I feel the same. Like itd be great to have regular people to play with, but then my enjoyment of the game would still be coming at the expense of other solo players a lot of the time. I'd be okay with a solo queue that wasn't ranked. I mean a solo queue for warzone would be incredible.

I had to step away from the game today. I knew I was getting more and more tilted and only coming into gaf to post vitrol comments. Sorry about that.

So remember that Waypoint support thread I kept up from my months of bullshit...it finally got a reply
from a moderator with a warning for me not a 343 staffer being helpful

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...08-41cb-baa2-baea494847ac/posts?page=2#post35

Please limit updates to once a week. Right now, it looks a lot like bumping.

I'm laughing and crying on the inside at just how sad that is. A fucking detailed support post legitimately kept up with very specific details/links and that's what it gets? Man am I glad I got shown the door from being a mod over there. Common sense out the window. Even with all that crap in my Halo gaming I still had great things to say about the game in that thread and recommended others keep on playing as updates came out.

By the way switching to Google public DNS in your Xbox network settings can help with regional/REQ issues in Halo.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So remember that Waypoint support thread I kept up from my months of bullshit...it finally got a reply

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...08-41cb-baa2-baea494847ac/posts?page=2#post35

I'm laughing and crying on the inside at just how sad that is. A fucking detailed support post legitimately kept up with very specific details/links and that's what it gets? Man am I glad I got shown the door from being a mod over there. Common sense out the window. Even with all that crap in my Halo gaming I still had great things to say about the game in that thread and recommended others keep on playing as updates came out.

By the way switching to Google public DNS in your Xbox network settings can help with regional/REQ issues in Halo.

Please limit your outbursts of disappointments with a sub-standard service to once per week please.

Seriously though, shit heel move from a dumb moderator. Folks like yourself are doing a great service to a part of the community it would be convenient to forget.

Please limit your outbursts of disappointments with a sub-standard service to once per week please.

Seriously though, shit heel move from a dumb moderator. Folks like yourself are doing a great service to a part of the community it would be convenient to forget.

Thanks. I'd reply to you but GAF mods said I can only post once per week because I liked Halo 4 :)

Christ your posts are embarrassing.I think there's a better way of giving feedback than the way you're going about it.

Christ your posts are embarrassing.I think there's a better way of giving feedback than the way you're going about it.

Care to explain specifics? Did you read the first page or just the last? And yet the first reply to my OP is this:

Extremely well written and hat's off to you. I believe that a well thought out and constructed post at the very least deserves a response from both 343 and Microsoft.

In other news, team wins only you continue to be my best friend:
Screenshot-Original.png

The point I know we're going to lose, quitters and team wins only. Again.
Screenshot-Original.png

ultimota

In other news, team wins only you continue to be my best friend:

The point I know we're going to lose, quitters and team wins only. Again.

the moment you stop letting it bother you is the moment you'll start having more fun :) and understand why you are frustrated because i also solo queue most of the time

My friend was having a bad day so I popped open my stream so she could watch if she wanted. She likes watching people play video games and actually had a lot of fun watching us all play Warzone yesterday.

H4citFJ.png

I was joking obviously. I only said that because of what you were saying before ending the stream :p
Actually I liked the stream!

Trup1aya

I'm really excited for the update.

Partly because it's freaking firefight,
Partly because it sounds like the new warzone map will come closer to how in envisioned the mode
Partly because they're will be an influx of new people to play with
noobs to farm

But mainly because LTTP threads will be glorious.

singhr1

I'm really excited for the update.

Partly because it's freaking firefight,
Partly because it sounds like the new warzone map will come closer to how in envisioned the mode
Partly because they're will be an influx of new people to play with
noobs to farm

But mainly because LTTP threads will be glorious.

Not just the new warzone map, the boss refresh SHOULD help out the other maps too. It should feel pretty shiny and new to everyone, not just those jumping in for free for the week

LTTP Halo 5:
- Not the Halo I wanted it to be
- I don't trust in 343i anymore
- Bring back Bungie
- The graphics are bad
- etc

Coming to you next Wednesday

Trup1aya

Not just the new warzone map, the boss refresh SHOULD help out the other maps too. It should feel pretty shiny and new to everyone, not just those jumping in for free for the week

That's a good points a very good point. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

The new map sounds particularly epic because we can expect some 4 way battles... I think the 3way fights have always been where halo really shines, and now it sounds like it's been amped up even higher.

played for the first time in a long time last night, getting people speaking wildly different languages in "focused" seaches.

really hope this free week of play adds some real life back into the game.

My first rage quit was last night when i shot this guy with the scatter shot, super close, anyone else would of been dead. but him. nah he got away... did a 180 and killed me somehow

he had 0 deaths that whole game.

idk man, my aim never feels comfortable with this game. Feels like it never will and im quite sad.

I used to support the idea that WZ boss kills should be given to the team that dealt the most damage. I now recant that position, because a clutch boss kill is one of the most satisfying feelings in Halo.

These had me going nuts:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Rodan117/video/19026530
(The lag in this clip made it look like I was a super sayain doing some sort of charge-up hadouken attack)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Rodan117/video/19026617
(The enemy team in this clip was really closing in on a victory, but our last-ditch warden kill kept us in the game and we ended up winning)

LTTP Halo 5:
- Not the Halo I wanted it to be
- I don't trust in 343i anymore
- Bring back Bungie
- The graphics are bad
- etc

Coming to you next Wednesday

"wow halo 4 in 1080p60 looks downright next-gen"
"wow halo 5 just looks like halo 4 but slightly better, way to underperform 343, clearly not getting the most out of the new hardware"

IHaveIce

Banned
- It should have been 30 fps
- Prometheans are boring to fight
- Reach is the best
- I miss armor lock
- I'm bad

Prometheans are boring to fight is unlike the others. Because it is true.

Man the update needs to come out already, maybe then I'm interested in playing again

There's only a few things I don't like about Prometheans:
-Design They just don't look like they're derived from Forerunner technology.
-Lack of feedback when dealing damage, they just stand there
-Soldiers teleport around too much with no consequence

Their combat puzzle in Halo 5 is actually pretty good though, certainly better than the Flood ever were. Crawlers are always fun to shoot in the face, not unlike grunts. Knights and soldiers are pretty great as the noob combo isn't effective against them. This adds variety to upper-tier encounters. Degrading the Knight's armor via weak points also feels nice, pretty satisfying when you nail the headshot in the small window of opportunity you have. They're by no means boring, people just don't like change.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Their combat puzzle in Halo 5 is actually pretty good though, certainly better than the Flood ever were. Crawlers are always fun to shoot in the face, not unlike grunts. Knights and soldiers are pretty great as the noob combo isn't effective against them. This adds variety to upper-tier encounters. Degrading the Knight's armor via weak points also feels nice, pretty satisfying when you nail the headshot in the small window of opportunity you have. They're by no means boring, people just don't like change.

I agree with all this.

Fuchsdh

In general while everyone can have opinions on art design, I think the big issue with 343's interpretation of the Forerunner and Covenant is that they've started bleeding into each other's look. H1 set some pretty rigid categorization: Forerunner stuff was angular, the Covenant more organic, human utilitarian. Now the Covenant look has pushed more to an insectoid and organic form (save for the Brutes) but the Forerunner have also gotten a lot more curves, and the detailing makes the structures less monolithic, with the result that it's a lot harder to tell them apart. The renders in a recent community update of the Elite Ultras that are going to be WZ FF bosses is probably the perfect example of this—with the white coloring and "tron lines" they look a lot like a Promethean, and that's a problem.

Top Bottom