• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

I have this $10 from that Fallout 4 price mistake and was thinking of buying one of those req bundles. do I get them all at once or is it still spread over 7 weeks? im not sure the 7 week thing was only for when they first launched

I have this $10 from that Fallout 4 price mistake and was thinking of buying one of those req bundles. do I get them all at once or is it still spread over 7 weeks? im not sure the 7 week thing was only for when they first launched
Are you talking about the Warzone bundle? They're still weekly. You won't get all the packs at once.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
What were the things revealed on the live stream? I wasn't able to catch all of it while working.

NOKYARD

One of my pet peeves is people who haven't upgraded their profile pic when moving to Xbox One.
Never changing my OG profile pic.

27934975996_4ec6c3f773_t.jpg

Ziplines and wall running is straight up blowing my mind.
Hmmmm... looks oddly familiar...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
- 3 new maps
- WZ boss refresh
- WZ FF
- The new Reqs
- Halo merchandising (kinda)
- Score Attack
- Forge
- The all glorious community clips

Awesome! What sort of Forge stuff are they adding?
Is there a video of this zip-line/wallrunning that people are mentioning?

Looks like the only support I could realistically see going forward past June are:
- New req cosmetic items, including...
- season 2 HCS skins
- New forge items
- small quality of life enhancements (pls let us sell multiple reqs)
- community maps in arena playlists

I cant see them making dev maps, New bosses, or weapons anymore. Onto Halo 6!

I still don't get the hype for forge. The developers do awesome work, yet we never see any forge maps in matchmaking outside of the niche playlists. Like what is the point?

And no solo queue crap continues. No server improvements continues. I just don't get it.

Also, what is the req pack people were getting? I don't have anything. Maybe it will show later.

Trup1aya

It's not the end of Halo 5 updates. Frankie said they won't end support in June and they still have to release the in-game File Browser and the new Observer Mode.

I just think the updates won't be monthly anymore. Maybe 2+ months from now on.

Yup. He said to a lot things "maybe in the next game".

They don't have to release anything. All Legalese has been honored /kappa

So did they say anything about Assualt? I vaguely remember them saying it would be back within about 4 weeks of being removed... Hasn't it been that long?

Hmm apparently I did. I haven't had a chance to watch the stream but have been following gaf closely and didn't see any mentions. I've been griping about the lack of forge maps for a while lol and you're the first person to direct me to the link. Thank you! Do you have any idea on what the time line might be for how quickly maps start getting put into matchmaking? Is this going to take several months or will it be much sooner than that?

Edit:
I'm told it's a bugged one for completing the melee commendation
thanks

BizzyBum

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the classic remakes. Will they keep Spartan Abilities, remove them, or have a mix of both in the same playlist?

I'm hoping for a mix of both, but looking forward to it either way.

It would be pretty dope if they made a classic playlist with no sprint or abilities.

NOKYARD

Hmm apparently I did. I haven't had a chance to watch the stream but have been following gaf closely and didn't see any mentions. I've been griping about the lack of forge maps for a while lol and you're the first person to direct me to the link. Thank you! Do you have any idea on what the time line might be for how quickly maps start getting put into matchmaking? Is this going to take several months or will it be much sooner than that?

Edit:

thanks

No deadlines set yet.

The idea is to have a pool of quality maps to draw from the moment the call comes in, rather than use the old announce/gather/test/choose cycle which can take months.

NOKYARD

It's also ironically basically the first Halo where you can easily make maps that exceed the caliber of CE's original maps in both look and play.
Funny, i nearly had a linching party hunt me down after saying those exact words upon returning from Seattle.

Fuchsdh

Funny, i nearly had a linching party hunt me down after saying those exact words upon returning from Seattle.

Would have thought that MCC and CEA should have made people realize that while CE had a lot of good elements, multiplayer was a rush job and the map design absolutely shows it. That said aesthetically there's something to be said for now minimalistly abstract it looks, and those tend to be the best-looking Forge maps in my opinion.

No deadlines set yet.

The idea is to have a pool of quality maps to draw from the moment the call comes in, rather than use the old announce/gather/test/choose cycle which can take months.
That's nice to hear. I'm eager to play some slayer on something other than Pegasus.

That's unfortunate. I have been excited about Halo 5's forge since before the game released, and my expectations have been more than met now that it is out - and that was before the amamzing updates to forge. The maps that can be made are are easily better than Halo CE quality. Not sure why anyone would be angry about saying it up front. Also, I hope my complaining doesn't sound directed at the map makers. I think the forge devs and the community are doing amazing things. I just want to experience the creations in matchmaking - in slayer to be more specific - already, which is where my bitterness stems from.

Top Bottom