• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT4| You picked a helluva week to join up

It looks like halo 5 is now half off.
https://store.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox-One/Games/Halo-5-Guardians/9a924f64-6ac5-4380-b249-8162269c15cc

I will be switching to the digital version permanently now since my disc is starting to look really ugly and I'm not sure how long it will last. Plus it will be less painful trying to update the game tommorrow.

Xbox live free days for halo 5 has also started
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/747967010613530624
I kinda wanna trade in my disc copy and just get digital but I'd imagine I'd only get like $10 from GameStop lol

Welp I tried my best to get weapon certs out of the way before today's update, but the game decided to be a bitch and only gave me one out of at least 15 gold packs if not more. The possible gold packs for playing FF (if true) will be nice at least. Switched my console power settings to auto download the update since I'll be asleep for much of the day.

Trup1aya

Are we saying that the first 9 FF wins will award a gold pack.

Pretty cool if true... RIP all the noobs who get carried to victory, then open their gold packs while they should be grinding bronze.

TCKaos

CE had some great remakes. High Noon, Desolation, shit.. all of CEA's maps were good.

But you're still wrong about teleporters, Fuchs!

I always found High Noon to be redundant because there was already a perfect forge remake of Hang 'Em High in Reach that was even used in the original classic playlist and it was even named High Noon.

Prepare yourselves for the incoming flood of LTTP threads, in which people shit all over the campaign and neglect the excellent multiplayer.

I always found High Noon to be redundant because there was already a perfect forge remake of Hang 'Em High in Reach that was even used in the original classic playlist and it was even named High Noon.

Although Hang Em' High was totally gray, the High Noon forge remake was pretty ugly. I got sick of looking at gray boxes in Halo Reach, the CEA remake was welcome. The Damnation remake was great too. I'm still salty we got Headlong instead of Sidewinder though, the fuck was that!?

I just hope we actually go to a Halo in the campaign for 6. An Ark would be excellent as well.

Halo Rings have not enough Human industrial bases to be considered as maps for Halo 5

"This UNSC outpost was established on Installation 005 in order to study local bullshit."

I wonder how they will move forward with the MP for Halo.

Halo 5 has such a great base to build upon. How would they persuade and not divide the MP community with Halo 6?

I almost want to imagine a new era where Halo 5 players can play with Halo 6 players on all existing halo 5 maps/modes. However, there will be Halo 6 maps/modes that would be exclusive to those players due to "engine enhancements" or something.

It's going to be intersting how they move foward.

I bet we go to a ring based on that legendary ending in 5.

*Master Chief looks out of a window while Blue team passes Halo ring in Pelican*

Chief: No need to go there.

This one cutscene will be Blue Team's only appearance in Halo 6. They are promptly killed off screen in the next mission as you play as Locke.

*Master Chief looks out of a window while Blue team passes Halo ring in Pelican*

Chief: No need to go there

Remember the little Sprint episode that showed some concept cut scene where Cortana is on the Halo Ring and the AI from the infinity is on there talking to her? She goes through some leaves and see's ronald on a little holopad.

Probably will never see the light of day, but whatevs.

Trup1aya

I wonder how they will move forward with the MP for Halo.

Halo 5 has such a great base to build upon. How would they persuade and not divide the MP community with Halo 6?

I almost want to imagine a new era where Halo 5 players can play with Halo 6 players on all existing halo 5 maps/modes. However, there will be Halo 6 maps/modes that would be exclusive to those players due to "engine enhancements" or something.

It's going to be intersting how they move foward.

Whatever happens, I just hope they adopt rocket league playlist selection system. Being able to search multiple hoppers at once would be a god send.

I also want them to take party size into consideration. But that should be a given.

Trup1aya

Prepare yourselves for the incoming flood of LTTP threads, in which people shit all over the campaign and neglect the excellent multiplayer.

LTTP threads will be glorious.

I'm curious how RTTP threads will be. The game has undoubtedly gotten better since release, but I don't imagine people who just don't like the new mechanics will suddenly love them. Vanilla Warzone will probable be frustrating to the Req-less. But WZFF is so damn fun.

Fuchsdh

LTTP threads will be glorious.

I'm curious how RTTP threads will be. The game has undoubtedly gotten better since release, but I don't imagine people who just don't like the new mechanics will suddenly love them. Vanilla Warzone will probable be frustrating to the Req-less. But WZFF is so damn fun.

Honestly the REQ vs less-REQ'd dichotomy was what I was afraid of most when the REQ system was revealed, thought I'd just get stomped on by people who had way more time to play. But WZ is large enough that you can still be plenty lethal with base weapons, and it's easy to grab other people's stuff. After just a few games I felt like I was stepping toe to toe with most enemies.

Danny 117

Did you all catch the new fireteam with Palmer as the lead? mentioned it was on the loot box or something.
Fireteam Apollo? Don't know if they said Palmer is in it. The loot crate says something like "legendary warriors like Palmer and Fireteam Osiris have been forged... Join Fireteam Apollo!" Or something like that

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda want to avoid an unboxing of the loot crate since the surprise is part of the experience.

Also, I should get a digital copy of Halo 5

Idk if im late on this. But Bravo just confirmed on Twitter the spartan recruit pack is for ALL players. Not just new

Thats the pack with the dmr and other low level reqs

Top Bottom