• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT| HaloGAF Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

I can't wait to be able to actually make a clan/community for Destiny on the Wii U because out of the 3 consoles, it'll be the only one with system wide clan support.

I can't believe I'm saying this about Nintendo in 201112. Implement communities/clans already, MS.

I can't wait to be able to actually make a clan/community for Destiny on the Wii U because out of the 3 consoles, it'll be the only one with system wide clan support.

I can't believe I'm saying this about Nintendo in 2011. Implement communities/clans already, MS.

Well, you're not.

:p

I can't believe I'm saying this about Nintendo in 2011. Implement communities/clans already, MS.

FyreWulff's just taking one for the team. He knows we need a topic to rally behind to save us from this tangential crap. Mocking him for discrepancies in his posts is practically article 1 of the HaloGAF Constitution.

FyreWulff: the hero GAF needs and deserves.

FyreWulff

Well, you're not.

:p

I never escape January without accidentally using the previous year. So close!

Something I'd like to see:

Live streaming spectator mode (hyped matches could be introduced in the Weekly Update; possibly earning credits on choosing the winner before the match begins)

They'd rather use up the rest of the match bandwidth selling Windows 7 phones with ATLAS. If you can tie it into selling Windows Phone 7, I'd bet they'd be all over it.

More people need to chill out and play Gears 3 and Dungeon Defenders. And if you do Reach, go Anniversary FFA.
Yep. There are even a lot of other games coming out the next two months and I'm really looking forward to them. Don't get me wrong, if Frankie says Halo 4 news tomorrow, I'll definitely have a big grin on my face and tell every person I meet that there will be Halo 4 news. But right now I focus on other games that I haven't played or which will be released very soon.

Btw. the best Zelda is Major's Mask. Every other choices are wrong. Total wrong.

They'd rather use up the rest of the match bandwidth selling Windows 7 phones with ATLAS. If you can tie it into selling Windows Phone 7, I'd bet they'd be all over it.
I'd agree with you if they hadn't just released it for iOS and Android also. Hopefully it's the beginning of a realization that they can grow their services like XBL and Zune by reaching out to the much more popular platforms.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Idea for MM voting screen in Halo 4:

Besides having a more noticeable sound to let everyone know to vote, the controller should vibrate.

FyreWulff

I'd agree with you if they hadn't just released it for iOS and Android also. Hopefully it's the beginning of a realization that they can grow their services like XBL and Zune by reaching out to the much more popular platforms.

Which is why Android and IOS users have to cough up money for ATLAS while WP7 users get it for free.

It's an interesting feature for sure, but I would rather more important things be fixed than marketing and cross-hardware tie-ins. I'll be more impressed when they get ATLAS working for Firefight - if you're going to do something like this and throw LAN compatibility out the window anyway, go big. In the end, it comes across as yet another using-Reach-as-a-testbed project. Unless they go with dedicated servers, spectated live events won't really be feasible at all. You need a box that's not a player in the game to handle either sending the video up to the streamcasting server (if you're pushing out plain streamed video) or the game film (if you're making everyone watch through the engine itself, like Source TV). Another issue with ATLAS is that if you want maximum compatibility, Bradygames also has to make overheads for every single community map. I would hope that features like ATLAS don't impede the inclusion of custom content into mainstream matchmaking because of possible extra costs.

Idea for MM voting screen in Halo 4:

Besides having a more noticeable sound to let everyone know to vote, the controller should vibrate.

Oh man, that'd certainly get your attention if you set your controller down on a wood desk or floor.

Been finally playing Gears 3 campaign. I hope none of the dialogue writers for Gears 3 get anywhere near a Halo game. It makes "to war" look like the Citizen Kane of oneliners
Game is still pretty fun

Gui_PT

iMaTsnMecoGKk.gif

I will accept other challenges you may have.

Next I will be attempting the "eat 7 crackers under one minute"

What am I doing with my life?

Kind of funny that I don't really want to play Reach matchmaking anymore. It's much more fun to play a custom CTF match on the Anniversary Maps with MLG settings.

Merguson

Banned
Zelda talk now, I guess? Maybe it's just the newness right now, but Skyward Sword is my favorite so far. Yeah it has flaws, and the motion controls aren't as ggod as they should be, but it's beautiful and has great music and characters and some really great dungeons. Ocarina and Majora's mash are pretty much tied right below it though. WW and TP are good too, but I'm not able to replay them as much as the others.

mlfw928_1318480274895033.jpg

S2H3C.gif

Goddamn MLPs...

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't mind it either way. Then again, I'm not hardcore like you guys.
You don't have to play it super serious or anything. Even playing with Elzar (who is the biggest scrub-de-dub around) & Co. on MLG settings can be very enjoyable even though it's not that competitive.

Played some Halo 3 matches with friends today. BR feels soooo good man. SOO GOOD!
It completely depends on the connection. The time I played before last, I had a blast. The last time I played, it was miserable. Any noticeable latency in 3 is much more detrimental to gameplay than in Reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom